Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

If I buy a new xB right now, how long would it take to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default If I buy a new xB right now, how long would it take to get?

Anybody know if they are readily available? I'm planning to get the floor mats, navigation, and the 16" alloys (boring, I know...). Does the dealer install these things the day you buy the car or will I have to wait?

To all the owners out there, what was your experience? thanks.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I bought mine over a month ago, I bought it on a Tuesday, picked it up that Thursday. I only had the floor mats put it at the time, but I wouldn't imagine you having to wait more then a day or two.

Since then I have had fog lights put in (can't live without them, plus they make the front end look even better). Then at my 5k service prob add the 16" Alloy wheels unless I wait for spring, then ill get the spoiler and door sills ^_^
Old 10-05-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when I bought mine, the dealer knew it was comming. They had the VIN already, just not the vehicle.. I had to put $500 down on it just so's they wouldnt sell it to somone else when it hit the lot. I wanted nauticle Blue auto trans. It arrived 10 days later as the didnt have a blue auto on their lot when i was ready to buy.. PLUSss I opted to wait for them cause they only had a $99 'Dealer Fees Charge' while 4 others was 199$. good luck...
the dealer will have to install your options at the dealership when your car comes in.. However long that will take depends on them how fast they can get your car & run it back thru their service dept. I'd shop around.. call all the dealers in your area & ask about dealer fees too..... remember. it' YOUR money.. not theirs!.. good luck.. jh

PS.. for you want more $$ for accessories?? are you thinking about an extended warranty?? If soooo. read this entire thread... I put close to 300 buck sback into MY pocket because of this thread.. it paid for half of my audio system
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=188890
good luck jh

one more thing.. I'd reconsider those 16 inch rims.. I mean it comes stock with 16's already.. if you are going thru the trouble to upgrade, may as well go with taller wheels!...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Invertalon
When I bought mine over a month ago, I bought it on a Tuesday, picked it up that Thursday. I only had the floor mats put it at the time, but I wouldn't imagine you having to wait more then a day or two.
So it took the dealership 2 days to put in the floor mats???

Question: how many stealership service technicians does it take to install a floor mat?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OOOOH OOOOH I know!!!!
1 to drive in the service garage
1 to open the doors
1 to GET THE MATs
1 to put them in the car and WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!
1 to drive it back out=

5 Thats 5 people everyone!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toronado
So it took the dealership 2 days to put in the floor mats???

Question: how many stealership service technicians does it take to install a floor mat?
Answer: The # of people doesn't matter: It's still gonna cost you $384.31 to do the 'work,'
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

2 Days for mats? Are you sure this is the only thing they had to do to the car? I know most dealerships don't have the standard radio and wheel covers on and do that when they sell the car, that may be why it took them that long, but still not 2 days.

I wouldn't have made my customers wait 2 days for their car and mats. I would've let the customer take the car home and come back to pick up their mats, which only take a day to order and receive. Plus, all my Scions have the standard radio and wheel covers, if needed, on them when they get to my dealership.

2 DAYS!?!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by onemorescion
I would've let the customer take the car home and come back to pick up their mats, which only take a day to order and receive.
So you have to place a separate order for the floormats for each and every Scion you sell with floormats? You don't keep any floormats in stock?

(I know there are some dealers here in SoCal who don't/won't sell the car WITHOUT floormats. So at least at those dealers presumably have the mats already in all the cars.)
Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rockthebeef,
You can always call around and see if any dealerships already have the exact one you want in stock. Then you could get it that day. As far as the options, you should be able to come back for installation at a later date if they need to order anything.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies. I've been checking the local delears' inventories online and it seems that each dealership has a handfull of new xBs. I just spoke with one of them and he said what ScionXTC just mentioned. I can take the car home and use it until the accesories arrive to be installed. I just wish I wasn't busy tomorrow with other things. I have an appointment at one dealership on Sunday - it looks like I might miss some football. bummer...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow you have dealerships open on Sundays?? That's UNHEARD of here in Missouri...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting... It would be unheard of for any dealer to be CLOSED on a Sunday around here, except for the service department.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it took a couple of days to get mine, but that was not the dealerships fault they had a hard time getting me approved, because I did not have any credit at all. never had any credit cards. Once they did it was ready that day. i got mine from nye scion in ny. It helped that I took the demo model. lol My step brother and I are the only one that had driven it so i wasnt worried about it. Needed it fast and could not wait for one. Had to leave to go on the road for work within a week. after i picked it up. plus the one they had coming was the hypnotic teal. i got the blackberry crush. i really wanted nautical blue but I like this color alot!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have 6 on the lot right now, just no black.....
Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just having a pre-deal meal right now and I'm off to a dealer who has 5 black ones! I might miss part of the Charger-Broncos game, but I'll live. Hi-Def DVR is is set and ready to go.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the dealership order my xB from the port with all the options. The TRD wheels and sport steering wheel were the only two that had to be done at the dealership. I was told it might be 3 weeks or so to get it. I picked up the car 10 days after it was ordered. Needless to say I was very happy. I was then told the TRD wheels were on backorder and they had no idea how long it might be to get them, 4 weeks? I had the TRD wheels and sport steering wheel installed 6 days after I picked-up the car. Again, I was happy and still am.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came home today with one of the black xB's they had in stock. I got a fair deal on my trade and I feel pretty good overally about the deal. It was pretty painless.

I need to bring it back in when they get the rims and navigation for installation. I'm cool with the 16" alloys. I don't think they look that bad at all, plus I'm just not really into modding my cars anymore (that much - haha). I'm looking into speakers and a small sub I can put under one of the front seats.

Cheers!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on your new ride!!!! let;'s see your pictures!.. jh
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not the greatest pic but here it is in my garage.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmbomb
wow you have dealerships open on Sundays?? That's UNHEARD of here in Missouri...
West Coast baby.....

Quick Reply: If I buy a new xB right now, how long would it take to get?