Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My Gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to wire up a switch for my reverse light (Now an H11) so I can "tell" people to get off my bumper :D
Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldnt know how to go about doing that while still having it functional as a reverse light. if it were me. i would just put an LED grid in my window that you can type messages and stuff. ive seen em.

but for people that hi beam me, im putting 6 rows of the super bright white oznium LED strips on the front of my wink mirror and wiring to a strobe controller. whose blinding now huh? i wouldn't recommend this to anyone. lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
I want to wire up a switch for my reverse light (Now an H11) so I can "tell" people to get off my bumper :D
I use a flasher! When I press on the brake pedal, my center rear break light flashes five times before going constant on. This tends to deliver a message most following "drivers" appear to receive !
Old 05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive seen people put up a big LED grid that can display messages. like a big middle finger or whatever. jsut punch into the little keyboard and presto. works if you have a passenger. not to safe to type a message while driving. which is ironic since im actually typing this on my phone while driving.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want to try to make the reverse light on a switch for tailgaters hmm. I have extra H11 HIDs laying around.....
Old 05-04-2011, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you put HIDs? int he tail light? i SO need to do that! infact i really think i should have a body shop put another OEM reverse light symetrically on the other side. i mean why only 1?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Moonbass
can you put HIDs? int he tail light? i SO need to do that! infact i really think i should have a body shop put another OEM reverse light symetrically on the other side. i mean why only 1?
i havent had an issue with just one yet. Theoretically you can install an HID just silicon it in instead especially since its never on long enough to burn nor melt anything.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well guys time for a major update on interior work.

theres alot of work you DONT see. first of all i layed power wire all through out the car. i took a nice thick wire from the battery then went into my car through the firewall gromet (PITA) and hooked it up to a 6 circuit fuse box under my dash from there i made a wiring harness that leads right under my shift box in the little space there. then as you can see i mounted my antivandal switches and hooked them to the running lights circuit (spliced into the prindle LED) then i also have a fat wiring harness (makes removing and replacing the cover on the shift box a major *****) that connects the switches to little clip connectors down low where the fuse box harness meets. so when im read to wire something to power i just connect to the the switch then to the fuse box. theres like a kagillion connectors bundled up down there so i have them all labeled so i can tell which is which (fuse 1,2,3 etc) and switch: 1,2,3 etc) its VERY easy. i also did some reapholstry. did all four door pannels as well as the little cups behind the door handles and i also did my center console. it all came out very well being i have never done anything like this before. and then my favorite thing... hooked as well to the prindle LED circuit (wich soon i will switch to its own circuit) i have 4 green LEDs in the B pillars that adds nice glow all the way up to the ceiling you cant really see it in the picture it doesnt do it justice. but its amazing. well on to pics

Name:  P1080007.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  P1080015.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  P1080002.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  25.1 KB

i also put RGB slow fade LEDs in the prindle. there okay for now i wish they lit the P up better but im not replacing them till i do the complete LED overhaul. these give example of the color changing awesomeness (to save room they are thumbnails)

also did the same thing to the window button:

and finally here are the B pillars.

Name:  P1080001.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  26.9 KB
Name:  P1070999.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  26.9 KB

and looking forward from the back of the car (my camera sucks some serious *** and TOTALLY does not capture the epic glow, so sorry about that)

Name:  P1080011.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  9.7 KB

well guys thats my latest update. ill be pondering on what to do next. theres alot so i got to choose. and thats after i pay off of a hefty ticket i got a while ago

anyways hope you like.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks dope, i like seeing different styles out there. anyone that gets in my car is like...wtf, why did you do that? cuz i effing wanted to, thats why! keep customizing man!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol inorite? my friend got in and im all: "hey what you think?" and he says "thats so ___." so i say "hey you wanna walk the twenty miles back to your place?" "looks great man you did a good job" "thats what i thought."

hey i love the zebra print and the color. i dont care what anyone else says. if i get crap from people ill be like ya and how fast does that muffler make you go? lol
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks pretty wild. i love the b pillar lighting