Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My new mod...(Updates page 3)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default My new mod...(Updates page 3)

My car is a daily driver and mild in comparison to what others do with theirs...darn budget keeps me from doing too much LOL....Not to mention it is my Avon Mobile...so can't go too wild. We have a few more planned before our next show in a few weeks....to tie into the red

but here are some pics of what we have done:

Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was wondering what red caps would look like. Nice additions.
-nick
Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how hard was it to put the blue lights in. this is a mod i really wanna do. where did you buy from...looks good
Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

should have gone all teh way and painted teh steelie red
XD
Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all looks good but one thing, the xb2 is not the toaster edition.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ATxB
how hard was it to put the blue lights in. this is a mod i really wanna do. where did you buy from...looks good
It requires soldering on the circuit board which once we had someone with a hot enough gun it was easy. I got them off ebay from dreamsarts I think....I did a best offer and got them for a reasonable price...Might be able to get them cheaper if you know what you are getting...but since I didn't I just went with him....and then I did do the neo wedge 30% brighter and changed the HVACs too from autolumination.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Banned
SL Member

I kinda like the steelie in the middle myself. We might be adding some black to the caps...not sure yet...but definitely doing a red pin stripe down the side and will have a black & red Avon logo on the hood.

As far as the toaster edition....my toaster in my house is longer so it worked for me
Old 11-18-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the dash, not the caps. I am driving an old tacoma with green dash lights, must say its much more refreshing than the old amber. I hate the fact you cant dim it as is all the way or they go out vs the xa I had.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah I get that not everyone will dig the caps....but I think it makes my XB look more original...and well at least if I hit a curb I won't get too upset since I can fix it and didn't spend that much on em LOL
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jenn...... what did you use for a guage face?? Did you make you own?? or get one pre-made & if so from whom?? thanks for any links you can provide about your 'Gauge face"... thanks agian... jh
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmbomb
Jenn...... what did you use for a guage face?? Did you make you own?? or get one pre-made & if so from whom?? thanks for any links you can provide about your 'Gauge face"... thanks agian... jh
Got it from customxbgauges.com Took longer than expected to get it....no indication that if you changed LED's that you would need a new underlay....so took even longer to get that...Shipping wasn't when it said it would be on the website....so I was pretty dissapointed to not have it by the time I needed it for a show. No way to call the guy...can only email and he wouldn't always respond. Not real jazzed about the underlay in that the big blobs of light are now blobs of light with words in them....so it is hard to see them in the day time because it is blacked out where the indicator lights are. But it was a fairly decent price. Going to try to see if he carries any other kind of underlay....but not being able to actually see the indicator lights during the day really bothers me.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got one from him too. he made me a custom one... IHe even made me a seperate underlay (at my request) for free, that was the "ICONS" only... I put it down first (after emoving the stocker), then my new printed overlay over the top of my new underlay. so have 2 stacked up on top of anpoother...
You may want to try that out! Worked for me.... Now the ICONS shine thru when they are on & they arent "words', but the actual symbol that the stockers are... good luck with him.. He worked with me real well last year.. jh
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Look's great.. Likeing the Red Cap's and A+++ on the gauges.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned
SL Member

I got one from him too. he made me a custom one... IHe even made me a seperate underlay (at my request) for free, that was the "ICONS" only... I put it down first (after emoving the stocker), then my new printed overlay over the top of my new underlay. so have 2 stacked up on top of anpoother...
You may want to try that out! Worked for me.... Now the ICONS shine thru when they are on & they arent "words', but the actual symbol that the stockers are... good luck with him.. He worked with me real well last year.. jh
Kewl I will check in with him. I know he was really busy and out of town a lot when i was ordering mine. Does your new face have black in the areas where the indicator lights are? That I think is why it doesn't shine through as well. I'll just email him and see if he can help me out. I just want to have the Icons instead of words. I have the overlay on top of the underlay.... Like I said it's likely because it is all blacked out in that area that makes it hard to see...in the day time anyway. Can you see your's during the day?

What custom face did you get done?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jenn... here's a link that will help youto creat you own gause face or to create a 'second underlay' made up up only 'ICONS' that will shine thru your custom one, so the Ighted iCONS will show up..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206424

& heres pictures & a read thru to how I eventually got to where I am now...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=tattoo+gauges

good luck
jh

ps... your xB looks sharp!!! I was wanting a white one, but the wife drives a white Crown Vic & Jr drives a white Eclipse
Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned
SL Member

Jenn... here's a link that will help youto creat you own gause face or to create a 'second underlay' made up up only 'ICONS' that will shine thru your custom one, so the Ighted iCONS will show up..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206424

& heres pictures & a read thru to how I eventually got to where I am now...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=tattoo+gauges

good luck
jh

ps... your xB looks sharp!!! I was wanting a white one, but the wife drives a white Crown Vic & Jr drives a white Eclipse
Thanks for the info! Will be contacting Jason to see what we can work out for my icons vs blobs LOL

Thansk for the compliment! Someone pointed out yesterday that with the blue LED interior from gauge face, HVACs are blue and blue led dome and map light that my car is truely patriotic being all red white and blue LOL

It will really look sharp once we get the red pin stripe down the side, Avon black & red logo on the hood and we are doing Red LED in headlights and grill area. Considering painting the Scion logo in front and back red as well...but haven't fully decided yet.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

So...opinions needed. Should we paint the Scion logo on the grill and back Red? I can't decide. My husband is all for it....but I wanted to get some opinions....
Old 11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

I vote that T is crazy!!! just playing, might look good, see if someone can photoshop it..
Old 11-19-2008, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

educate me on those hubcaps. i want a cool color to do to my BSP. so what paint and application did u do?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned
SL Member

LOL hey girl! I personally am not excited about it. I mean it looks good the way Chris did his....but I am not sold on the idea...I think the logo on the hood and pinstripe will be enough....I don't want to "over" do it. Especially once we get the LED's in.

Quick Reply: My new mod...(Updates page 3)