Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My new mod...(Updates page 3)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

I feel you!! maybe paint the back logo the color of the car and fill in the 'scion' in red.. I'm painting mine the NBM so it looks like its not there.. Did chris tell you where to get the LEDs?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

T PM'd him today to ask what to get from Oznium....he remembers WHERE, but not WHAT LOL. Josh from Ballitztiks is doing the logo for the hood for us...not sure if he is doing the pinstriping or not...waiting to hear back from him. Want to hopefully have ALL that done before PDXmas in December

I think when we do the LED's for the outside we will do the blue ones for the inside that I already have....need to put a switch in for those and figure out where to put them LOL
Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Oh and have to talk to Chris about taking off back logo...that one is a bit more difficult than the front one...
Old 11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

its pretty easy, if chris can do it you can def do it!! a lil fishing line and a hair dryer should help!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
educate me on those hubcaps. i want a cool color to do to my BSP. so what paint and application did u do?
yuulllee
Old 11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned
SL Member

We got the paint at walmart...I can't remember the name...but it was for plastics so it worked great....Several coats and then 2 coats of clear enamel.

We are gonna get some metallic to give it a shimmer, but not glitter...

Anyone else have opinions on if we should paint the logos front and back? I think it might be overkill...since we are doing the Red LED's in front in the grill and head lights
Old 11-21-2008, 04:00 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by AvonLadyJenn
Originally Posted by ATxB
how hard was it to put the blue lights in. this is a mod i really wanna do. where did you buy from...looks good
It requires soldering on the circuit board which once we had someone with a hot enough gun it was easy. I got them off ebay from dreamsarts I think....I did a best offer and got them for a reasonable price...Might be able to get them cheaper if you know what you are getting...but since I didn't I just went with him....and then I did do the neo wedge 30% brighter and changed the HVACs too from autolumination.
someone that has this mod done near me (corona/riverside)

Give me yours ill pay the cost of what the lights cost + a charge u desire of your time.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We got the paint at walmart...I can't remember the name...but it was for plastics so it worked great....Several coats and then 2 coats of clear enamel.

Anyone else have opinions on if we should paint the logos front and back? I think it might be overkill...since we are doing the Red LED's in front in the grill and head lights
if u remember the name let me know. i'll hop on that.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a nice plush toy
Old 11-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone

if u remember the name let me know. i'll hop on that.
It was Krylon paint for plastics. We didn't sand first....because we were on a short time limit to finish. I recommend sanding first. I know there was a post somewhere here about painting caps....Found it https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189395

Oh looks like you have seen it before cuz you posted...but there are the instructions...like I said we didn't follow them because I forgot about them...so we didn't sand or anything so it took more coats.....since we are going to be adding metallic before the show in December it worked out well for us.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

Ok....got the logo on the hood today....and snapped some pics. Here it is in all it's glory...the Avon Mobile! Pin stripe has jagged edges on each end just like the logo on the hood. It all really ties together nicely. Hopefully next week we will get the metallic finishing spray for the caps and be good to go.

MAD PROPS TO JOSH (Axiom) for the logo help!! YOU ROCK!

Soooo what do you think??
Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

ohhhh so glad my red pinstripe idea looks hot!!! lol! lovin it jenn, a few more days and oyu'll have a whole new mod!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yep. GREAT Idea girl! Thanks for giving us that idea!! Can't wait till this weekend to do the RED LEDs in the headlights and grill. This car will be smokin before PDXMas!!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

It looks great jenn!!! love the pinstripe

josh
Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

I think the xb2 looks great! Keep it up!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lookin good
keep up the good job
Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't get a chance to say something at the last M&G but the rain and meeting got in the way. I really think the pin stripe looks good but the wheel covers really complete the look. As for the logos WOW very cool. Hope that props up sales for ya.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok first off!!!
your clock on the dash is 4 minits diffrent than the one on the stereo...lol

im thinking i would hold off on painting the scion emblems ,with the pinstripe and the logo i think it would be a little bit too much red. looks really good how it is right now. cant wait to see it in person.

oh and btw jenn text me your phone number i lost all my numbers off my phone..
Old 11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

Leave it to you Don to point out the clock difference LOL Finding how to change the clock on the stereo is a chore....I always forget how I got there and the directions are well...vague...like "In the clock adjust menu"....but no directions on how to get to it...so I have to just keep hitting buttons until I find it.... I suppose I COULD just change the Scion clock....but well I haven't.

Will PM my numbers for ya.

It looks even better in person....and I agree on the logo's....just wait till you see it...we are doing LED's in headlights and grill this weekend with Chris and Janessa!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

Leave it to you Don to point out the clock difference LOL Finding how to change the clock on the stereo is a chore....I always forget how I got there and the directions are well...vague...like "In the clock adjust menu"....but no directions on how to get to it...so I have to just keep hitting buttons until I find it.... I suppose I COULD just change the Scion clock....but well I haven't.

Will PM my numbers for ya.

It looks even better in person....and I agree on the logo's....just wait till you see it...we are doing LED's in headlights and grill this weekend with Chris and Janessa!
umm not that its a huge deal or anything but...... there is only one 's' in my name.. unless of course you are my bf cause he still CAN'T spell it right

Quick Reply: My new mod...(Updates page 3)