Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My new XB

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:18 PM

Default My new XB

I love it...I had a bad experience with the dealership and Im not happy with them. Which, at this moment, im in a crappy mood and not happy with the car..Not its fault.. Ive been lurking in this forum for a while now and for that reason I did decided to purchase the road hazard protection from the dealership, this included the front windshield protection... I also purchased the TRD front differential for winter driving, but because of the experience i had with the dealer Im not sure that it was installed.. Does anyone here know how i could tell??? thanks for listening..Ill expand on my experience later....thanks AJ
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Go do a burn out. If both front wheels spin, then the TRD front differential is installed.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i wonder if they had a special dif in the rs4 xb gen 1 i did a burn out last summer and i layed two tracks
Old 04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Windshield protection? Where can I get one of those?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by CHPRBOX8
i wonder if they had a special dif in the rs4 xb gen 1 i did a burn out last summer and i layed two tracks
I don't know. I was only kidding.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I belive if you jack up the front end off the ground and spin one tire the other should do it as well (and spin the opposite way)??? Not 100% but its something to that extent.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No, the other will spin the opposite whether it's stock or the LSD.

Really I don't think there's any way to visually tell if it was installed. Maybe if some of the bolts under there had "white out" marks to show if they've ever been turned, you'll be able to see they were in fact removed. Other than that, visually I think you're out of luck.

Only way I've ever experienced the functionality of an LSD was giving a car hell at an auto-x. Even then it didn't seem that different. Just less wheel spin.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:10 AM

Well, I looks like there is fresh sealant in there. Its pink in color..
I got the impression that the wheel act independently from each other in a spin situation... So, basically i have to intentionally get stuck somewhere and then ill know... does that sound right?
The dealer would not give me the old part back, they said they sent it back to the factory...(right) .. So now Ill be calling the owner of the dealership tomorrow and try to get my part..If not I will go above him..but I really dont wish to do that..they told me I cant have the original part because it was a trade off..I said NO!! I paid for the original part and the new part and i want what i paid for...They basically gave me the rest of my keys and kicked us out...so to speak..
See they are ____ed at me because they didnt mention there was a labor charge for the install of the new part.. There is a disclaimer on the website that I should have seen,, Our argument was that they are certified scion dealer that they should have known..BTW.. I already signed all the paperwork..So they had to eat the cost..So, for payback i didnt get my part.. and for all I know the new part might have never been installed...thanks for listening AJ
Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by ravenfox
Well, I looks like there is fresh sealant in there. Its pink in color..
I got the impression that the wheel act independently from each other in a spin situation... So, basically i have to intentionally get stuck somewhere and then ill know... does that sound right?
The dealer would not give me the old part back, they said they sent it back to the factory...(right) .. So now Ill be calling the owner of the dealership tomorrow and try to get my part..If not I will go above him..but I really dont wish to do that..they told me I cant have the original part because it was a trade off..I said NO!! I paid for the original part and the new part and i want what i paid for...They basically gave me the rest of my keys and kicked us out...so to speak..
See they are ____ed at me because they didnt mention there was a labor charge for the install of the new part.. There is a disclaimer on the website that I should have seen,, Our argument was that they are certified scion dealer that they should have known..BTW.. I already signed all the paperwork..So they had to eat the cost..So, for payback i didnt get my part.. and for all I know the new part might have never been installed...thanks for listening AJ
bro i feel you...the same thing happen to me when i bought the first evo 8. mitsubishi are way shadier than scion
Old 04-16-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

She's a babe, not a bro!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 AM

Old 04-16-2008, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that. i personally hate dealers and salesmen. they are all crooks tryin to make or save every penny. do your best to stay calm because they can royally screw you if you are not careful. good luck with everything and sorry you got called a dude.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jack the front of the car in the air, spin one tire forward. the other tire will spin forward also. if its an open differential it will spin backward.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is how to tell if the LSD is working, while driving slow turn the wheel sharply, when your not accelarating the diff will be open. now punch the gas and try to break the tires loose. both should either spin or not spin on the blacktop.

when doing this make sure VSC and TC is turned off