Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion Says Goodbye To xB With 686 Parklan Edition

Old 09-28-2015, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion Says Goodbye To xB With 686 Parklan Edition

Scion Says Goodbye To xB With 686 Parklan Edition [w/Video]
Attached Thumbnails Scion Says Goodbye To xB With 686 Parklan Edition-2015-scion-xb-686-parklan-edition-1.jpg  
Old 09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhh mixed feelings! This thing looks really nice! I WANT ONE !! :D

Last edited by midtowndesi; 09-29-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

I Like it.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I must add: when i saw this post, I immediately called my dealer and told him I wanted to trade in my 2013 xb w/ 12,000 miles on it for the parklan 686 xb.

I told him if I were to get $13k for the trade in, I would take the parklan that they were getting delivered (it got to the dealer last friday, oct 9). They countered and only offered me $12.2k so I walked. I told him if they can give me another $800 on the trade-in, I would have taken it but they don't want to budge on the trade-in.

i like the parklan just bc it's one of the last xb's but no way i am trading in an almost new car + ~10k for the new parklan. i'm happy with my xb as it is and this is the car im going to keep forever ;)
Old 10-18-2015, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Wife would have been fine with me getting one. Even though she wasn't crazy about the camo seat covers. I was really wanting a 3rd gen XB, but since that isn't happening, I'm in a quandary as to do I want it or not.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may be buying a 686 in the next few days, I will keep you posted!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 PM

I saw this edition for the first time yesterday, and it has me seriously considering getting another xB. Considering it is basically a brown car, the exterior looks pretty badass, and I think the camo seats are awesome.

I wish I wasn't in the market for another car, though. My 2009 RS 6.0 met its demise when it met the rear bumper of an SUV a week ago today.

250,000 miles on it, and the only repair we had was a new clutch. I've been looking all around and can't find another car at any price range that has as much interior room as the xB and gets as good gas mileage. The Soul is the closest, but they just don't interest me.

Anyway - very disappointed and surprised that they are discontinuing this car. It's been a fantastic vehicle, I guess not enough people realize how useful they are!
Old 01-07-2016, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I checked my local dealer's website and I was shocked to still see they had ONE xB left for sale and it was the Parklan edition. I just screw it, this the chance to buy a NEW 2nd Gen xB, (I can never find any decent used ones because nobody ever seems to sell them!).

So I called up my dealer and asked him if the Internet price was solid and he said yes. I didn't bother to haggle, too late in the game for that and it did seem like a fair price.

Ideally I prefer the white xB but I do like the fact they only made 686 Parklan's and I've finally got a ride with decent rims instead of wheel covers. I figure I got ten years out of my 1st Gen I should be able to get that out of this baby if I choose to.

I'll post pics once I get this sucker off the lot!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratulations man, thats awesome!

I also think its cool about the limited number. 686 really isn't a lot at all. However I was surprised to see that within a 200 mile radius, I found over 10 in my area listed online. They don't seem to be selling
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Scion has that Pure Price, or True Price, or whatever it is, with it. Meaning they don't negotiate. I got the same line when I looked at a Parklan edition a couple months ago.
It does surprise me that they're still around - I checked a couple of dealerships and they kept calling me for weeks about it still being on the lot. I actually just got a call this morning from one.
It's a sweet looking car, I love the camo seats, but I ultimately decided I wanted to stick with a manual transmission. Plus, while the exterior color is nice, but I still couldn't go with a brown car. I'm very much a red or blue car type of person!

I ended up with a 2015 blue stick shift with ALL the options. I'm quite happy!

Anyway, congrats on the Parklan, I'm sure you'll have a blast in it!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey_Boy
I found over 10 in my area listed online. They don't seem to be selling
It's cool and unique but I think people get turned off by the camo. I think it's a good deal esp. with the wheels it's about $1,600 more than a base model with auto trans. I like other cars like the Soul, Fit, iM but too small for me. Hopefully this car will work out.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to both Mikey_Boy and Phermes1, I appreciate it!

Anyone looking to buy an 06 xB1 with 59K?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlingSlade
It's cool and unique but I think people get turned off by the camo. I think it's a good deal esp. with the wheels it's about $1,600 more than a base model with auto trans. I like other cars like the Soul, Fit, iM but too small for me. Hopefully this car will work out.
Yeah, the 1 part of the build that I wasn't wild about was that the camo seats are seat covers, rather than actual upholstery. They've very GOOD seat covers, but covers nonetheless. I LOVED the camo color, though, I think that is awesome.

For me, though, it really came down to color and transmission. I just liked blue better, and stick shift is so much more fun to drive than automatic.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bling! Congrats on the ride! Hope to see a ton of pictures of it once you get the keys :D I fell in love with the Parklan after I saw the camo cargo box for it. It's detailed here: http://usa.innoracks.com/product/686...ion-shadow-16/
Old 01-07-2016, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree the blue is the best color with white being 2nd. I checked online dozens of times for used xB's, the only ones that seemed legit were always 08's or 09's with high miles. The others were always salvage or lien title. You can lose a lot on a new car but I just went over 10 years on my xB1 and even though it's got low miles and will run forever 10 years is enough for me.

This Parklan edition has been called a stealth car with the dark color and blacked out badges.

Here's what the designers have to say about their creation:
Old 01-07-2016, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
Bling! Congrats on the ride! Hope to see a ton of pictures of it once you get the keys :D I fell in love with the Parklan after I saw the camo cargo box for it. It's detailed here: 686 Parklan Edition Shadow 16 Package : Innoracks
Thanks MDT, that cargo box is perfect for stealthBox!
Old 03-06-2016, 03:09 AM

I bought the Parklan a few weeks ago. The car is great. I wasn't going to get it because of the camo seat covers, but once I upgraded the rims on the other model, I was at +$2000 which was more than the difference for the 686.

Now I don't even really notice the camo seats except for when someone stops to compliment them. I also figured that I could just put seat covers over them if they continued to bother me.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:03 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

If it had the 2.5 with 6 speed auto, I'd be game. $21K is alot of money when there are so many cars available now days that can do the same and get better mpg.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:20 PM

I got an unexpected package in the mail today from Scion. A custom Shiftknob, a brown beanie to match teh car with a 686 tag and a $200 discount card for the cargo box as well as another %50 card for 686 apparel that is good for $1000/mo at 686 Technical Apparel - Pants, Jackets & Outerwear | 686

Its nice of Scion to throw in the extras.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seems like they're trying to clear out inventory. It'd be nice to get that cargo box for cheap!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scion Says Goodbye To xB With 686 Parklan Edition