Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Someone broke into my car! (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:01 AM
SL Member

Default Someone broke into my car! (rant)

I've had my Xb for about 4 months now. it's an 08 RS5.
I went to visit some family in Tampa for the weekend and my car was parked on the driveway overnight.
I woke up this morning to a smashed window.
The scumbag broke my front-passenger window and took my IPod connector cable and my IPod.
I could careless about either, but I'm mainly ____ed because the broken window flopped down towards the inside of the car and scratched up the door panel. I really like my Xb and I'm ____ed to see it messed up.
I hate thieves, they're some of the lowest people on this earth.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

I say they all need to be keel hauled under neath the car that they broke into.. and then shot in each foot.. beat with a wet cat.. and then have the genitalia removed with a splintering piece of wood..
Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theives are pathetic. piece of advice from someone who installs alarms and sees cars broken into on a daily basis. people break into cars if they know you have something or if they can see it. knowing this it was either someone you know (not likely) or they saw your ipod, simple solution is to keep it tucked away when you leave your car.

i know the feeling ive had my old truck broken into, they smashed out my window, stole my back pack and some other stuff... they were stupid tho, i had my laptop under my seat, a digital camera and a couple hundred dollars cash in my console. all they got was some dirty work clothes lol. criminals are generally idiots.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member

Thieves are worthless. They saw the iPod and were compelled to smash and grab. Simple solution is to disconnect the iPod and put it inside the console or glove box. I try to keep my interior clean of any valuables. As you experienced, parking in the driveway doesn't matter if they can walk by and look inside.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone broke into my Xb outside of church about two months after I bought it, luckily they broke the window, tried to steal my DD where not succesfull, they didn't noticed the sub box in the trunk, a brand new WII in the trunk, a magellan and an ipod in the glove box. So I ended up with a broken window, and a half working DD. If I had a chance to see it while it was happening I bet just like any of you would have the chance to do them some damage. Gets me mad just venting on here.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
SL Member

I keep the IPod out of sight, but I usually stick the cable in the little "IPod holder" by the cup holder. I'm assuming they saw the cable going in there and assumed there was an IPod attached to it. It wasn't, but it was in the glove box.
The officer said I was the 5th report of a break in on that neighborhood that same night. It's not a bad neighborhood, it was probably some kids doing some smash and grabs.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What part of Tampa were you in I live here and i always take everything out of the car as i live in a not so good part of town. I hate thieves and i agree they should be tortured when caught. We should do like they do in the middle east and chop their hands off it is kind of hard to steal when you cannot grab something.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:03 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shea_Mc
What part of Tampa were you in I live here and i always take everything out of the car as i live in a not so good part of town. I hate thieves and i agree they should be tortured when caught. We should do like they do in the middle east and chop their hands off it is kind of hard to steal when you cannot grab something.
I was right by the Citrus Park mall. It's not bad around that area, but you always have some unexpected things happen.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as the iPod deal, what I'd recommend is doing a simple modification where you move the connector into the center console. That was one of the first mods I did, so then you don't have to worry about it being exposed or a cable feeding into it and being in sight.

I'm terrified of getting broken into because just recently, some jackass ran into my car. They scraped the sides of it and dented my front driver's side fender, leaving scratches everywhere. I'm super upset because, of course, they didn't leave a damn note either.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by leZao
I was right by the Citrus Park mall. It's not bad around that area, but you always have some unexpected things happen.
That is by where i live the problem with that is there is good and bad in the same area. I don't mind living over here i just hate when people want to mess with things that people worked hard to get.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never leave anything inside of the car...unless you can get away with 5% tints (which you do down here in Miami)
Old 03-03-2011, 02:11 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
As far as the iPod deal, what I'd recommend is doing a simple modification where you move the connector into the center console. That was one of the first mods I did, so then you don't have to worry about it being exposed or a cable feeding into it and being in sight.

I'm terrified of getting broken into because just recently, some jackass ran into my car. They scraped the sides of it and dented my front driver's side fender, leaving scratches everywhere. I'm super upset because, of course, they didn't leave a damn note either.
Anywhere I can get some details on how to do this mod?
I tried searching for it, but no luck. I know it's probably pretty simple, but just curious if there are any how-tos out there.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by leZao
Anywhere I can get some details on how to do this mod?
I tried searching for it, but no luck. I know it's probably pretty simple, but just curious if there are any how-tos out there.

Thanks!
DIY: relocating iPod jack to armrest. [[56k beware]]
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109626
Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I know the feeling, dude. Mine was broken into at the end of January.

Fortunately, if you go through insurance, they're pretty good at making it all right. They replaced my entire center console because of two small scratches when they removed my headunit.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's why we sprang the extra money to get the security system for our XB. it has a little sensor next to the gear shift that detects the sound of breaking glass , not trying to be an ___ btw
Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

thats a bummer. First thing I did was put a good alarm in my car with shock sensors. The thing is your car is aside from average and brightly colored you're going to be a target for the life of that car. Its human nature to be attracted to something bright. Im right there with you though lol... my gen 2 is yellow.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by longboardluv
that's why we sprang the extra money to get the security system for our XB. it has a little sensor next to the gear shift that detects the sound of breaking glass , not trying to be an ___ btw
Guess I'm even more paranoid -- added shock and tilt sensors as well. Just can't trust what happens out there !
Old 03-04-2011, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

ouchh
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
DIY: relocating iPod jack to armrest. [[56k beware]]
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109626
Do those hole cover parts work for the 09 xb, or what is the part number for the 09?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

08 and 09 are the same, so that part # should work fine.