Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Trading in my 06 TCM Box for a Nautical blue 08!! any cons??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pojodan
10k trade in?

That's what my dealer wanted to give me for my stock '06 w/o any mods or anything.

I did some research and kelly blue book listed it as being worth 12k-13k for trade-in, so I fouight the dealer to get more trade-in value.

It took awhile and a bit of playing the car salesman game, but I got 11.5k for trade-in.
Thats because KBB is crap and you would have never gotten 13k for your trade in....Edmunds.com is more accurate.

Also, they may have gave you more for your trade in but I hope you got a loan from your bank because most likely they increased your interest rate to give you a better deal on your car
Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chazm
Originally Posted by Pojodan
10k trade in?

That's what my dealer wanted to give me for my stock '06 w/o any mods or anything.

I did some research and kelly blue book listed it as being worth 12k-13k for trade-in, so I fouight the dealer to get more trade-in value.

It took awhile and a bit of playing the car salesman game, but I got 11.5k for trade-in.
Thats because KBB is crap and you would have never gotten 13k for your trade in....Edmunds.com is more accurate.

Also, they may have gave you more for your trade in but I hope you got a loan from your bank because most likely they increased your interest rate to give you a better deal on your car
Aaaah.. Edmunds lists it at $12,125... just what I thought.

And, no, my new interest rate was actually a little bit lower than the previous loan.