wiper hole? whats that?
ummm and the reverse light?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

he might have converted to the tails.

a couple have done it, looks much better and brighter.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Polish the rear window with glass polish then apply a rain repellent on the glass; it'll help shed the water a little better. Not as good as using a wiper, but it helps.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatchef

wiper hole? whats that?
how do you reverse at night? how do other people know when your reversing?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard he sticks his head out the window and yells " im reversing!"
Old 06-24-2010, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

no need for the crappy single light anyways. no problems so far and its been a few months
Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a giant subwoofer box that blocks the view out of my rear window. I seem to be doing fine so far with reversing and driving. I also drive a 40' Gillig Phantom city bus with no center rear view mirror, I seem to be reversing that just fine too...
Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elwaylite
Well, I live in a rainy city, and even have the spoiler and rain ex, and the back window gets so bad driving that it's hard to see out. I might not like the wiper, but Id rather be able to see.
I agree, I find the rear wiper useful in fairly heavy rain. Light rain isn't usually a problem.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last thing I want is to get into some silly argument, but TBH I don't really understand these two responses.

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
.....33 year old rookie driver, you could press the defrost button and solve your problems.
We're using our brain power just fine.
How does defrost help with water obscuring vision through the rear window?

Originally Posted by papo
when your driving front, you dont need to look back. just saying.
Somehow, I don't think you learned that in driver's education class. I've avoided a couple or more rear-enders thanks to seeing people coming up on me dangerously quickly. In one particular case, I wasn't able to avoid being hit from behind, but seeing what was happening allowed me to modulate my brakes so as to avoid injury to my car (the rear bumper shock absorbers handled the remaining impact, though the car behind me had damaged bumper supports). Generally speaking, being able to see behind is very helpful in maintaining a safety zone while driving forward -- especially valuable with bad driving conditions.

Last edited by TrevorS; 06-29-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

getting rear ended is not your fault. kthnx
Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

When the window heats up it helps the raindrops to slide right off.

Please just go out there and try it out, it's not rocket science. But then again you are 10 years old.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

getting rear ended is not your fault. kthnx
Yes, but I'd really prefer to avoid it if practical ! I never fully realized what defensive driving was until I got my motorcycle license. Damn, I loved my M/C, but surrounding traffic was always a significant concern. Those ton+ vehicles are a whole lot more personal when you don't have a shell around you! I finally gave up on M/C since the roads just became too crowded for me to be able to enjoy them, but I'll never forget .

Yes, it's good that someone else gets the insurance and traffic points (hopefully they're insured ), but my preference is that no incident occur to begin with. Better vision doesn't guarantee that by any stretch, but at least it's a step in the right direction !
When the window heats up it helps the raindrops to slide right off.

Please just go out there and try it out, it's not rocket science. But then again you are 10 years old.
If you say so, but I can't say I follow the science in your explanation ! If I have an interior condensation problem wth my rear window (or external ice), the defrost works great. However, I question it's effectiveness with water splashing and running over the window exterior. To me, your suggestion is a reach at best. In any case, I've no wish to argue with either of you gentlemen. All the best !

Last edited by TrevorS; 06-30-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trevor, dont egg the kids on by making sense. They obviously can't handle it. It's one thing to like the mod, which I do, but don't justify it by saying the wiper is useless. The wiper comes in handy all the time.

GreektC is in the wrong forum with a name like that, so don't expect him to be able to comprehend anything...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard he sticks his head out the window and yells " im reversing!"
ok that is freaking hilarious
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trevor, dont egg the kids on by making sense. They obviously can't handle it. It's one thing to like the mod, which I do, but don't justify it by saying the wiper is useless. The wiper comes in handy all the time.

GreektC is in the wrong forum with a name like that, so don't expect him to be able to comprehend anything...
I'm presuming these guys are OK, it's just that experience takes time, whereas assumptions are immediate. The downside of driving is that when something goes wrong, it can have repercussions that last a lifetime, insurance often doesn't fix it.

As it turns out, the best protection against personal injury is avoidance of incident to begin with. Mr 1GreekTc clearly started with a tC and chose to move to an xB2 -- more power to him, though the vagaries of the road and it's traffic remain. Nobody wants to pull on to the road and feel fearful, but fact is, stuff happens out there that none of us want to have to deal with. I want all of us to be fully safe on the road, and I'm satisfied the best way to achieve that is to be fully aware of what is happening around us -- including behind.

Last edited by TrevorS; 06-30-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

You must have a PhD in stupidity.
Check my avatar you m_ron I drive an xB2.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW just saying...wish the tC had a rear wiper sometimes... just saying. sorry for the threadjack
Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Either way, I'm not here to argue about safety and mod-preferences.
It's obvious that a wiper blade would be 10x safer and easier to use in order to move over the water, BUT in our case, the angle of the windshield is too drastic to keep any amounts of water to the point that would deem it unsafe (by my standards).

This falls under the category of form>function.

By the way if you keep your windows clean, you shouldn't be having such severe vision problems.

Anyway this has gotten way off topic so let's just bring back by saying yet again that keytechniques offers a plug that will do the trick for the OP's request.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law
BTW just saying...wish the tC had a rear wiper sometimes... just saying. sorry for the threadjack
I hear you -- my Eclipse came with a rear wiper and it's the first time I experienced such an amenity ! I was pleased the xB2 included it, though I would have prefered an intermittent function as well.

Either way, I'm not here to argue about safety and mod-preferences.
It's obvious that a wiper blade would be 10x safer and easier to use in order to move over the water, BUT in our case, the angle of the windshield is too drastic to keep any amounts of water to the point that would deem it unsafe (by my standards).

<snip>

Anyway this has gotten way off topic so let's just bring back by saying yet again that keytechniques offers a plug that will do the trick for the OP's request.
Indeed, people have cleanly deleted the rear wiper for some time now. A return to topic is entirely appropriate !

Last edited by TrevorS; 06-30-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^x2 on eclipse, me too

Quick Reply: -wiper delete