Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

XB2 OEM SCION Bumper Applique Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 AM

Default XB2 OEM SCION Bumper Applique Install

Okay so I just installed the OEM bumper applique on my 2012 Scion XB. I followed the How to for the XB1. The install is basically the same I figured I would just add how my install went for the XB2. Some of the parts I did differently then what the instructions say to do but this worked fine for me.

First wash your bumper then rewash with a cloth and rubbing alchol to get it as clean as possible.
Next, spray your bumper with a spray bottle filled with water and add a drop of dish soap. (The wetter the better). This will make it easy to slide around so you can line it up correctly.
Next I removed both plastic cover strips from the sticker. I carefully layed the strip down on the bumper and lined it up as good as possible by eye. Some instructions say to use a ruler but I didn't find that necessary. When I did this I noticed the rectangle in the middle of the "O" In scion was still stuck on the plastic strip so I just pulled it off and lined it up in the middle of the "o"
After you get it lined up as good as you can close the hatch and make sure it lines up with the back of the hatch door as well....This is something I forgot to do at first and sure enough it didn't line up when I closed the hatch so I fixed it quickly.

Once you have it lined up perfectly give it a second to dry so it sorta sticks.
You need it to stick a little bit so it doesn't move when using the credit card to get the water and bubbles out. Luckily I didn't find air bubbles to be much of an issue at all. I was easily able to get it to lay perfectly flat. I hope this helps someone who decides to give this a try. It was nice not to pay the dealership to do this and I really like the way it looks.
Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  83.0 KB
Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good man. Where did you order this from?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 PM

Thanks! Yea I really like the look of it, although I realized I don't have mine completely centered like the stock photo shows but oo well I think it still looks fine and serves its purpose the same. I got it from Scionpartspeople.com

Here is the link. This was the cheapest price I could find.
http://scionpartspeople.scionofpuyal...mper+Protector