Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

xB2 Oil Consumption Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:05 AM

Default xB2 Oil Consumption Aftermath

Hi. I got my xB repaired at a Toyota dealership 100 miles ago. Right after first ride I realized there was a pretty annoying rattling sound inside my car. I was trying to find out what is going on, checked my older dash cam footage to see if it was there before. It wasn't. I have both before and after footage after the repair. I'm not sure if it's related to repair or not, it's coming from middle of the car under the area with USB and Aux inputs.

Anyway, that was being annoying itself, as I've been suggested I was trying not to take the highway. Today I did. And unfortunately my car started to shake like crazy after 45 mph. That was kind of scary and I kept my hazard lights on the highway tried not to exceed 45. In an open after highway area I accelerated to 55-60ish and I have recorded some footage and uploading it. Things being weird, I checked every gauge to find out what's going on and I found my average mpg at 20. It's normally around 24. Right after I got off the highway and started driving around 35 it started to ascend again.

A couple of days ago it almost dropped below 500rpm while idling in the traffic lights. Are those weird behaviors normal for the first 1000?

So what if my car screws up after this repair? What's going to happen? Will Toyota say "We changed the pistons, sorry buddy"?

Note the traffic lights ahead at the end of video, you can see how hard the car is shaking.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:25 AM

I drove my car up to 75 mph today. Luckily there was no shaking. I'm suspecting there might be snow stuck inside the holes of the rims creating some sort of balancing issues. No need to freak out for now.

Annoying rattling is still there though. I will investigate what might be causing it.

Last edited by puredata; 01-19-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I once got ice chunks stuck above one of my heat shields and it made a lot of rattling noises. I was on DF210s at the time and had to go through deep snow that was rubbing against my under carriage. I took it to the dealer because I thought I had damaged something. They dislodged the ice chunks and everything was fine.