Notices

Air ride options,( just the front)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UAS doesn't technically make an airstrut and the AccuAir controller is just as expensive as the DMS that Airlift sells in the digital kit. Dode's kit is still in the R&D phase (meaning anyone buying his system is testing it for him free of charge). 3000 miles so far without a hiccup on ES. Front drop is the same between his kit and the ES. Personally observed parked next to a Gen2 with his kit, both cars had the same size wheels, neither of us could tuck rim and had about an inch of tire showing. It may be a matter of millimeters of difference. Dode can get the rear down lower for sure because he is using a lower profile bag and shorter shocks. Otherwise, how is the design on the ES poor? Even Dode has given a lot of it's design credit. The only thing i'd change is a replaceable cartridge like Dode's kit. Otherwise, the design works as described, it lowers the car, lifts it, and rides nicely. What else do you want it to do? Crap rainbows and print winning lottery tickets?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Very true. If it goes up and down then you have a quality product. People want to go so low but they dont want to work for it. Some people think that you put bags on your car and you'll be sitting on the ground when the truth is a Lot of ingenuity has to go into it to make it do what you want sometimes. Air Bags are generalized they make you go up and down and hopefully get you from A to B safely. You have to take it from there to make it do what you're looking for it to do.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

To me the ES kit is not a option for me. I have never been a fan of tapered/sleeved type bellows. If you look around not many companies make these type of bags, and I think it may be for a reason. Other reason is PRICE, at $913( according to the website), I just cant justify that price for something that has seemed to have some issues with before on the 1st and 2nd gen xb kits.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Which is what I thought. Also why I stated what I did above, because that was just another pointless slam on a company that does decent air. Every company that makes air has it's own little quirks. I was just stating my own experience. They have resolved the issues they had with the Scion kits.

Pasquale - well said brother.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 AM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
VERY TRUE. I believe Randy only uses SS and Dancar likes to use UAS. Just stick to one brand and make it easier on yourself.
Randode uses UAS exclusively.

Randodes first struts were modified stock struts.

Now for the Gen1, Gen2 and anything else that runs a strut, he fabs a strut housing and uses a strut cartridge. This cartridge can be replaced.

Mine were the first. No looking back now.

Here are the Gen1's with the Spherical Strut Bearing Plates
Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Noted! thanks for letting me know.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

randode = WIN!

I know I'd run his kit if I were to run air.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok here is why you should stay away from easy street. Not knocking every thing ES makes but there kits just dont cut it for the gen 2 XB. Its the same for UAS.. UAS wont work in a Honda Accord or Civic but ES will work.. its a matter of the manufacture admiting it.. where as ES stands by claiming there works fine but in reality it dosent.. where as you ask UAS about there kits ina honda and there straight up and tell you they dont suggest you use there kits for it becuase the bags will rub the arm.

The rubber in this bushing splits and seperates. As you know when you turn it rock back and forth.. If you notice the OEM brearing.. the bushing is way larger in size so it can handle the rocking. there in no other way to use the stock brd ot OEM top hat, becuase the upper brng on ES seals the bags. what happends is when you turn the bags leak down when the bushing fail. it was in the car for less than 6 months.. It also make rattling sounds when your drivng.

ES warranted the top bushing claiming to have solved the issue, but when we got the new bushing it was of the same design.. so we otped out of installing it back and making our own set up using UAS bags.. even though Es warrantied the parts. customer still had to pay the towing fee. IN which ES claims to have known about the problem.

I dont know if anyone else had the same issues.

But if you go with UAS.. it more than just putting that mount on to the strut.. that mount has to be welded into place. and the OEM spring mount has to be cut off.

We designed our own mounts also at forjworks that for the UAS bags that cut on a CNC.. the reason is the UAS is universal fit and it fits loosely on the struts. Ours are made to fit the 2nd gen Struts. and the upped mount also uses a recessed allen haed bolt so you dont have to use the brng that UAS sends to space up the upper brng. so this mean you can sit lower but not as low as rondode kit.. our set has been in my car for over 3 years with not one issue. that why we decided to offer it to customers.

This how our mount looklike welded on the stock struts..

we also sell the struts ready to go if you looking for bolt up.

But in all you have many options to go with that better than the Easy street.

Siince your an SE member we offer SE members discounts also.

www.forjworks.com
randode "Note Randode one will go lower than ours becuase its a custom built strut"
Dans set up..

Last edited by eight08customs; 01-02-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great sales pitch...

Wow, just reading this post alone would drive me to buy Randode's kit first.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well after all is said and done, I would love to go with Randode, but it seems like I can't get a hold of him. I've called emailed and NOTHING. Is he just not making these kits anymore or not in the business?

Marshall I will be sending you a email shortly to get some prices.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

whats your email address, i'll text randy and tell him to get back to you.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

He can email me at Sejeff@gmail.com
Old 02-06-2011, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Here, send me your number in PM and i'll text him your AIM handle so he can PM you his e-mail address so he'll send you back his number so you can text him your e-mail address so he can send you a quote on ICQ and he'll Skype you the price after he sends you a PM on Facebook with his paypal info..."

Ba ha ha. Nothing like grade A customer service.

Don't feel bad, I never did end up getting a price from him on a tank that I tried to buy off of him. Texted him looking for a 9 port 5 gallon low pro and it was all cricket chirps after that.

Pretty much a douche, IMHO...
Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I am just waiting on a reply now from Marshall. I did get a reply from Randode, but I don't think he even read my email judging by his reply. He just gave me a price of $2700 for everything when I don't need everything. All I wanted was the front " Elite" struts and a rear bag setup
Old 02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tealtoaster
Great sales pitch...

Wow, just reading this post alone would drive me to buy Randode's kit first.

Originally Posted by Tealtoaster
"Here, send me your number in PM and i'll text him your AIM handle so he can PM you his e-mail address so he'll send you back his number so you can text him your e-mail address so he can send you a quote on ICQ and he'll Skype you the price after he sends you a PM on Facebook with his paypal info..."

Ba ha ha. Nothing like grade A customer service.

Don't feel bad, I never did end up getting a price from him on a tank that I tried to buy off of him. Texted him looking for a 9 port 5 gallon low pro and it was all cricket chirps after that.

Pretty much a douche, IMHO...
hey teal, eat a fat one. you went from praising me to calling me a douche in the same thread. your tank is $75, i texted you the price months ago when you asked. but why bring it up now? didnt you part out your car? you have my number. here it is again if you lost it. 6029040542
Old 02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by littleblackbox
Well I am just waiting on a reply now from Marshall. I did get a reply from Randode, but I don't think he even read my email judging by his reply. He just gave me a price of $2700 for everything when I don't need everything. All I wanted was the front " Elite" struts and a rear bag setup
Just give it some time, he's a busy guy, but when he delivers, he delivers. Just give him a call or text and ask him you want the front struts and rear bags, i'm pretty sure there won't be any miscommunication through the phone.

Like one of the comments above, Randy = win and makes quality stuff and thats why I went to him.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Damn Darren that thing is so HARD! haha
Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WOW this thread took a turn. Randode, if you see this, I am going to try and get with you sometime later today to get this all cleared up. No need for all this non sense

Darren, nice job there. Is your front with just the struts or the struts and the top plates.

Last edited by littleblackbox; 02-06-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Darrenb
Just give it some time, he's a busy guy, but when he delivers, he delivers. Just give him a call or text and ask him you want the front struts and rear bags, i'm pretty sure there won't be any miscommunication through the phone.

Like one of the comments above, Randy = win and makes quality stuff and thats why I went to him.

Wow Looks sick.. now these would look great on your ride.

Name:  2011-02-04152807.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  68.7 KB
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just let you know we got your email .. Paul will be in contact with you..

Originally Posted by littleblackbox
WOW this thread took a turn. Randode, if you see this, I am going to try and get with you sometime later today to get this all cleared up. No need for all this non sense

Darren, nice job there. Is your front with just the struts or the struts and the top plates.

Quick Reply: Air ride options,( just the front)