Notices

Eibach Sportline install dealer says rearend toe out of spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Eibach Sportline install dealer says rearend toe out of spec

Hey guys, I've really gone through it this week with the worst dealership ever in my area. They've done a bunch of stuff to ____ me off but just recently I lowered my car with the Eibach Sportline springs, waited 200 miles to get the alignment, and now the dealership is saying the rear end toe is out of spec and there is no adjustment on it. They are recommending putting a shim kit on it but I called TRD and they said the only way the rear end can be out of spec is if the axle is bent. I won't take this as the answer because I got it aligned a month ago and everything was fine.

The sheet they gave me said that the max for the toe on the rear is .2 degrees and my left was at .31 and my right was at .38

I called another dealership and they said something sounds fishy and that they are just trying to sell me a shim kit. I have an appointment with them on Friday to have them check it. I also called Eibach and they said it sounds fishy. I only found one other post where a guy said the dealership told him to get shims.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There should be adjustment to the rear. And it is very possible the toe is out of spec after lowering. My tC had that problem and it can tear up a set a tires pretty quick.

Definitely a good choice to try another dealer. Or just try another local shop you trust. Or ask around and see what people recommend in the area.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After dropping mine on NF210's and aligning it 34k miles ago, my rear toe specs were .33 left and .07 right. There is no rear toe adjustment with our solid axle rear suspension. Mine drives straight, and I have 40k miles on the original Goodyear tires with no uneven wear. (I do rotate every 5k miles.) I'd say don't worry about it at all.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would say that your rear left and right are close enough not to worry about it. They are going to be a little off because of the lower springs but it should not have a huge impact on the rear end.

I am on eibachs myself and i have the same issue but my friend who does my alignments says it is nothing to worry about, its not enough to make that much of a change.

Good luck with everything, and don't ever trust dealers.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had my alignment done at the dealership after I put on my df210s. They had no problems at all and the rear really has no adjustments to make, there are in a fixed position. Kinda sounds like they dont know what there doing to me.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, these things get off pretty quick.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Here is the issue.

The issue with the xB solid rear axle is this. When you lower the xB, the rear axle rolls forward. Now turning your camber into toe. There is no camber shims for it at all out there as I know of. I have the same issue on mine. Mine is off some. I just keep swapping the tires inside out every couple thousand miles.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update: I took it to a second dealership and they looked at the alignment sheet from the 1st dealership and said that its so small its basically a non issue. They said that they have Scions come in all the time that are lowered and the alignment is way off. They said that I was lucky mine was so minor being out and that as long as it was even left to right then I shouldn't worry about it. They also reprogrammed my key for free so now all of my doors unlock with one click!

The next day the first dealership called me back and said that they want to send it to a collision repair shop to let them tug on the rear suspension a couple of times to see if that pulls the toe back in. They said Toyota would cover this because of my other ordeal I have had with this dealership. At this point, I'm not trusting the 1st dealership at all and don't want them messing with it.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by rjjone2
The next day the first dealership called me back and said that they want to send it to a collision repair shop to let them tug on the rear suspension a couple of times to see if that pulls the toe back in. They said Toyota would cover this because of my other ordeal I have had with this dealership. At this point, I'm not trusting the 1st dealership at all and don't want them messing with it.
I'd go back to the first dealership and ask if there is anyone you could talk to whom hasn't been dropped on their heads as an infant. Seems like they're a bunch of windowlickers...