Notices

Eibach sportlines UPDATED: 11/26/07 (No 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bigfieroman, just wanted to point out that while you've got about 1.75" difference b/w ground and top of fender radius front versus rear; if you check the distance from ground to bottom of rocker panels, you will see that the rear is only 1" higher than the front. Therefore, I would make sure that the rear drop is no more than 1" greater than the front. Of course this is only my opinion, and we all know about opinions.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Bigfieroman, just wanted to point out that while you've got about 1.75" difference b/w ground and top of fender radius front versus rear; if you check the distance from ground to bottom of rocker panels, you will see that the rear is only 1" higher than the front. Therefore, I would make sure that the rear drop is no more than 1" greater than the front. Of course this is only my opinion, and we all know about opinions.
I was too lazy to measure that way. That is a curious styling inconsistency...maybe they wanted to make it look raked even when it is level?

I dunno how it will look...thats why I am waiting for clear side pics...I hope it looks good!

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, my xB is a heavy daily driver. You may have seen on another thread how many miles I put on. For this reason I bought the Tanabe NF210's: drop is spec'd at 1"F/1.7"R and only about 5% stiffer than stock springs. I probably won't have the time to get them installed until after Christmas, so no pics until then.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the camera's still out of batteries and I was bored at work today so I took some pics on my cell phone camera. I hope these pics help.

Still no measurements though. Sorry.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still has a nice rake, you can definitely see that the front is lower than the rear; maybe too much, or it could be the phone pics.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Riceeater, that is really great. It is still obviously higher in the rear, but just by a little. In the pic at least, looking at the rocker panel, it looks like the body even still has a slight rake, which is exactly what I wanted. Actually, what I really wanted was the TRD drop with another 1/2" off the back. It looks like thats what these are! It would be interesting to see how accurate the drop specs are...it looks like that is within a couple tenths of the claimed drop (1.2"F, 2.2"R).

Here is a TRD drop (about 1.0F, 1.5R) for reference:
Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Im Likeing these more and more. Im Torn Between these and the Tanabe NF 210 i relie want the DF210 But feel it will be too low for NYC / Queens Streets.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
Im Likeing these more and more. Im Torn Between these and the Tanabe NF 210 i relie want the DF210 But feel it will be too low for NYC / Queens Streets.
The big benefit is the progressive rate. They will be soft over smaller, everyday bumps without bottoming out over big ones. I have used Eibach springs (custom coilovers) on my Fiero for years, and they are WAY higher quality than any other brand I tried.

I am wondering how these will ride compared to stock. I have read many reviews online of Sportlines in general, and they are all over the map. Half of them said these were firmer than stock, but not too firm, a quarter said they were so hard that they were unbearable, and a quarter said they were really close to stock. It seems to depend a lot on the application.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those are great springs and great quality
your car looks nice at that drop
don't wait to see the Eibach's settle they have a million mile warranty against sag its not going any where
I'm on my 2nd set for my gen 1 ( went lower 2nd time)
the progressive rate makes for good ride and great performance when cornering or at launch when the higher rate kicks in they start softer than stock and get @ 1/3 stiffer in the end. the only bad reviews Ive heard was on the Ground Control Kit which is a set of s adjustable spring perches front and rear. they drop 2.75 but were posted as very bouncy and kidney killers just for track you order them with custom spring rates so who knows.
Gen 1 specs
Pro-Kit 1.5" 1.6" 120-189* 69-211
Sportline 2.0" 2.0" 98-206* 57-229
Ground Control (Eibach)** 0-2.75" 0-2.75" ** **
Old 12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And to think I was waiting on Tein springs...I can't wait for my Sportlines!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. You won't be disappointed Bigfieroman. I can't wait to see them on your car.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RiCe3aTeR
Awesome. You won't be disappointed Bigfieroman. I can't wait to see them on your car.
That makes two of us.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but could you post some more detailed handling/ride impressions?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From my experience, regular/freeway driving is really close to stock. It feels like I'm driving on stock springs. The only time the springs feel really stiff is when you drive fast over really big bumps (ie. speed bumps in parking lots)....but no one would do that anyways. lol.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

yo sonnn you got the same rims as me! nice drop btw. i think i seen you drive around before in GG.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UniT_xErO: It was probably me. There's only one other white on bronze around here. lol. Come out to the meet tomorrow at the block.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man 8-10 inches of snow today and it's got me thinking (not very seriously) about putting my stock springs back on for the winter, Plowed snow a lot today with my xB.

Definitely convinced me the Five Axis kit was out of the question.

Thought I would toss this in here in case some of you are in snow country and looking at the springs being discussed here. Usually no problem but today got a little ugly. I did not have any problem with my Blizzaks installed though.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

what time is the meet? is it that meet at the block every other sunday? just PM me and let me know cause i got work til 5.30. i'm the only bsp tC with bronze and a elephant hanging from the back! lol makes two us stand out
Old 12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

DURRR you said the block i totally missed it my bad
Old 12-02-2007, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor
Man 8-10 inches of snow today and it's got me thinking (not very seriously) about putting my stock springs back on for the winter, Plowed snow a lot today with my xB.

Thought I would toss this in here in case some of you are in snow country and looking at the springs being discussed here. Usually no problem but today got a little ugly. I did not have any problem with my Blizzaks installed though.
Dang, you definitely have to throw on those oem springs. And about the Five Axis, maybe you could use the kit for plowing snow? lol. j/k
Old 12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor

Here is another way to think about it. Because of the bigger drop in the back, with the sportlines, you are only dropping the front edge of the car something like 0.9" (assumes the drop specs are accurate). With the TRD springs, you are only dropping the front edge something like 0.85". Heck, the Eibach Pro-kit springs are lower at the front bumper than the sportlines, simply because they leave the back end way up in the air.

Quick Reply: Eibach sportlines UPDATED: 11/26/07 (No 56k)