Notices

suspension same as anything else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default suspension same as anything else?

Well its been a loonnggg time since iv been here on Scionlife. Iv had my XB2 since June 07 still loving it. it only has 22k miles on it.

Its been lowered on Df's and numerous other mods .. BUT im getting tired of the DFs ... I know most of yall are going to say im stupid and everything... haha.. what i want to do it Lift my XB2 a few inches from stock. my love for fishing needs a small enough sport wagon that can handle my rods/reels inside it (have a very cool rod rack against the roof of my xb) and have good gas mileage ..

While i dont do rock climbing in an XB for sure! i want something with just a little more ground clearance to to be able to get off the road a little bit. with the DF's i can even go over a small rock! hahaha!

Iv seen some of the guys in some contest do that military XB2 lifted a little bit thought that was cool... but i dont need to do all the stuff they did.

HERES my overall question.. and I thought it could have been answered a lonngg time ago on this forum but i couldnt find it:
DOES THE XB2 have the same shock/struts as the RAV4's did?

Old Man EMU makes a RAV4 shock/strut kit that raises the RAV4 about 2 inches .. which is exactly what im looking for... and would love to know if it would work on the XB2...
If anyone has a clue let me know!

please no peeps telling me i just need to buy a new car .... im looking into that already.... would like to know my options.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Rear of the xB2 uses a seperate spring and shock, not a strut. You could use a longer spring and shock.
For the front, you'll need a strut that's longer overall.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes.. I am the one that lowered my XB and I know what it has... but what im asking is, is it the same as the RAV4?

Or where could i get something that will work with the XB struts/springs.

and do you think i would even be able to ad a few inches with out needing to change anything else?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder if it is as easy as my all time favorite answers , ksportsor for sure you can contact cliff at 2zero6factory for a kick ___ air system
Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

As far as being the same as the Rav4, it's not. The Rav4's sway bar doesn't appear to mount to the strut.
The only lifted xB2 that I know of uses a custom coilover setup. I'd suggest contacting someone like BC Racing to see if they can put together something for your needs. Something with a slightly less aggressive spring rate, longer springs, and longer cartridges. This, in my opinion, will be your best bet.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks guys. good info.

lefty29er not wanting and air system... thanks though!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for helping out Xsevered.. I know its silly to get a lift on an xb.. but i love my xb and i dont really want to get rid of it! haha...

dont know all the terms... what do you mean by cartridges?..

what the OME Kit is is 4 springs and 4 shocks... two front springs for struts and to back springs. and the shocks are longer to make up for the inch and a half lift.

Im guessing this kit could work... if the diameter of the springs were the same as the XBs? correct?.... its been a while since iv takin my car apart haha... or am i missing something...

I rememeber all I did to lower it was to replace the springs .. i eventually changed the shocks too for better performance with lowered springs.

this is all i would have to do to raise it also? right?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just get some coilovers and set them at a higher setting. plus iif you decide that you want to lower it again you can just adjust the coilovers.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

The BC Racing coilovers consist of a few parts. The lower perch, all the locking rings, the top hat, the damper, and the springs. If you want to go lower, you order them with a shorter spring and respective damper. If you want to go higher, you would do the opposite: longer spring and longer damper. All in all, the coilover setup should be able to get you a bit of a lift.
I totally understand about wanting something for a fishing rig! My dad picked up a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee for this reason. I don't think he has taken it off road much, because it's much too nice. He's real old school and I know one of his determining factors was a dedicated low range in 2 and 4 wheel drive. His 1970 Chevy CST10 has all of that and it's 42 years old!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gotcha...
im an idiot ... i forgot the RAV4 didnt have struts anyways.... so the kit im asking about wont work...

so coilovers thats what i need.... ill take a look!

Thanks again guys!!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! I wish i had the money and space for a vehicle just for fishing.... but i have to use my XB as a daily driver and for fishing trips... i have two kayaks i put on top also... looks pretty sweet going down the road... haha...

yeah i dont go "off road" much on my fishing trips.... i basically just need a little more clearance than stock. sometimes i might have to go through a little brush ect... but im not going to be doing and real off roading with an XB haha... trails...

and hell for looks too! you know! haha
Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Even look into companies that convert the xB with wheelchair lifts for handicapable people. Give them a call to see what they do, if anything.
http://www.mainmobility.com/index.ph...ain%20Mobility
Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

figured out the suspension is the same as a Yaris... thats not going to help much...haha