Notices

xB2 Suspension Compilation

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great thread FTO!

You can now add Tein Basic Damper coilovers to the list. 5kg front/4.9kg rear, selling between $900 - $1000.

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/c24.html
◄◄Click Here to Add your Vehicle to Garage
FWIW, I'm 99.9% certain that TRD springs are linear rate although I don't know what the spring rates are.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by D_Unit
First off, GREAT THREAD!

I'm just trying to figure out why the Tein S Techs are not considered a "Performance Based" spring. On the contrary, it is the MOST stiffest spring that is not a coilover.

In reference to the picture below, I was rubbing pretty badly on my DF210s, despite all that wheel gap. To resolve the rubbing, I chose to replace the DFs with NFs, hoping the height change would eliminate the rubbing, but it only alleviated it, even after rolling my fenders and a pull.

What I am coming to realize is that it wasn't necessarily the height of the drop that was the problem, but more likely due to the SOFT springs.

Tanabe NF210 1.0/1.7 2.6/2.6 Progressive
Tanabe DF210 1.7/2.1 2.4/2.7 Progressive

Do you guys think if I would still rub if I had a stiffer spring like the Teins with same height drop as the DFs?

Tein S-Tech 1.7/2.2 3.1/4.1 Progressive

What suspension and wheel+tire specs are used in this pic!?!? This is what I've been trying to find for so long.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suspension thread, BUMP. Does anyone have a pic of an xB2 on TRDs?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zsanz
racelands will be out in about a month or so
No information on them though, and I'm not too sure about trusting them until people test them out..
Old 12-07-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's Some Tanabe Coilover Specs

5kg Front / 4kg Rear

◄◄
Click Here
to Add your Vehicle to Garage
The low data:
-7 to -50mm Front
-38 to -69mm Rear

so thats about:
-.3 inch to -1.9/2inch Front
-1.5inch to -2.7inch Rear
Old 01-21-2012, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Found another Coilover system for the xB2, XYZ suspension.

Links where to buy but no specs.

Amazon Amazon

http://www.andysautosport.com/scion/...r_systems/xyz/

http://www.andysautosport.com/scion/...r_systems/xyz/

More sites but you guys get the idea lol gonna try and contact and get some specs.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by D_Unit
First off, GREAT THREAD!

I'm just trying to figure out why the Tein S Techs are not considered a "Performance Based" spring. On the contrary, it is the MOST stiffest spring that is not a coilover.

In reference to the picture below, I was rubbing pretty badly on my DF210s, despite all that wheel gap. To resolve the rubbing, I chose to replace the DFs with NFs, hoping the height change would eliminate the rubbing, but it only alleviated it, even after rolling my fenders and a pull.

What I am coming to realize is that it wasn't necessarily the height of the drop that was the problem, but more likely due to the SOFT springs.

Tanabe NF210 1.0/1.7 2.6/2.6 Progressive
Tanabe DF210 1.7/2.1 2.4/2.7 Progressive

Do you guys think if I would still rub if I had a stiffer spring like the Teins with same height drop as the DFs?

Tein S-Tech 1.7/2.2 3.1/4.1 Progressive

What wheels/size and suspension is used on this xb? I really love the stance! any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Niterunner
What wheels/size and suspension is used on this xb? I really love the stance! any info would be greatly appreciated!
Everything you need to know:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163758
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're welcome, we're here to help.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there any info on th ksport gt springs? I believe they are a 1.6 front and 2.0 rear drop and I believe are progressive.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone have information on how much drop the Megan racing springs offer? I like the price point, but not if they don't drop as much as I would like.

I found them here.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ended up getting the Tein S-tech springs. Since there wasn't a picture on the forum with this setup, I figured I would add it.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayes
I ended up getting the Tein S-tech springs. Since there wasn't a picture on the forum with this setup, I figured I would add it.

Hayes- Could you describe how your S-Techs feel. Is there a noticeable difference in handling?

Looks good!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Heririck!

As for the S-tech springs, I love them. The ride is a bit harsher, but that's to be expected with lowering springs. The ride hasn't suffered much though. It corners 1000% better, with a bunch less body roll.

I would recommend the springs for anyone who wants a sportier ride. They got quite a bit lower than I expected, so I am happy with the drop too. If I could afford coilovers, I would have gone that route, but I only paid $182 for them on AutoAnything.com, so I am really happy with my purchase.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
SL Member

Thanks Heririck!

As for the S-tech springs, I love them. The ride is a bit harsher, but that's to be expected with lowering springs. The ride hasn't suffered much though. It corners 1000% better, with a bunch less body roll.

I would recommend the springs for anyone who wants a sportier ride. They got quite a bit lower than I expected, so I am happy with the drop too. If I could afford coilovers, I would have gone that route, but I only paid $182 for them on AutoAnything.com, so I am really happy with my purchase.
I'm starting to doubt that I really need coilovers. If I don't like the springs, there is really no harm done and the cost is a lot easier to justify. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Heririck
I'm starting to doubt that I really need coilovers. If I don't like the springs, there is really no harm done and the cost is a lot easier to justify. Thanks for the info.
The only reason i personally would recomend coil overs over springs is for the amount of low you can achieve. The adjustments and all that are just an added bonus. If you just want a drop from stock height and a comfortable ride s techs are the way to go. I love my coils and wouldn't change them but that's because I got the drop I wanted and couldn't achieve it with springs
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 AM
SL Member

Does anyone have information on how much drop the Megan racing springs offer? I like the price point, but not if they don't drop as much as I would like.

I found them here.
Beangarage.com lists the drop for the Megan's at 1.5" front and rear.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Heririck
Beangarage.com lists the drop for the Megan's at 1.5" front and rear.
While I was researching springs, I heard nothing but good about the Tein S-tech springs and nothing but bad about the Megan Racing springs...

I don't have first hand experience with Megan springs, but I did a bunch of research. Like I said, I am happy with the Teins. As for coil overs, they offer a level of low that can't be had with springs. If you want to lower the car onto it's nuts, coil overs are the way to go.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
SL Member

While I was researching springs, I heard nothing but good about the Tein S-tech springs and nothing but bad about the Megan Racing springs...

I don't have first hand experience with Megan springs, but I did a bunch of research. Like I said, I am happy with the Teins. As for coil overs, they offer a level of low that can't be had with springs. If you want to lower the car onto it's nuts, coil overs are the way to go.
Hi Hayes- Wasn't saying good or bad about Megan. Just that I found the amount of drop stated for them. I'll have to check out your Teins next meeting.

I also have confirmation that Swift does not make lowering springs for the xB2.

Quick Reply: xB2 Suspension Compilation