Notices

I Have Arrived Frozone on 18's

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I Have Arrived Frozone on 18's

So the following are pics of my new Giovanni 601 18 Rims wrapped on yokohama W4s 225-40-18

There are two issues. The lugnuts are not all a perfect match (calling them and having them ship me the right blue)

2nd there are no TPMS in these rims i took pics of them trying to install htem and they noticed that they dont sit flush. so rather than break them we left them out. also my light didn't come on in the dashboard so idk i might not use them at all (new tpms set and ateq quick set might be up for sale lol)

So first gawk at the pics and then advice on the TPMS situation?

now lug nut pics

Last edited by DJ_FroZone; 07-14-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the wheels! If your state doesn't require the TPMS deal at inspections, you can do what I just did:

Put some black electrical tape over the LED in the dash. I don't think it's worth paying all that money for TPMS sensors. If you check your tires frequently (which you should do anyway), there isn't really a need for them. Plus, they only go off when you're really low on air.

Are you going to get Batt's Bumper Overlay in blue to match your wheels?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good Frozone.

Let your blue interior pieces & lighting compliment the wheels, don't add some big gaudy blue vinyl across your front bumper. Keep it on the more subtle side.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Looks good Frozone.

Let your blue interior pieces & lighting compliment the wheels, don't add some big gaudy blue vinyl across your front bumper. Keep it on the more subtle side.
Dear Lord, please no.
Let's keep at least 3 xB2s clean. (sorta)
Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member

you will turn many heads with the blue vinyl in front. i have some rims that are similiar but red and i added a red blubat vinyl and it dosent look bad. there are days i want to take it off and other days i like it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

My advice to all of the aforementioned:

Lower it. It will solve what ails you.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
My advice to all of the aforementioned:

Lower it. It will solve what ails you.
I've spoken to Brian (FroZone) many times over the last few months... he lives in upstate NY with really severe roads and winter weather. His plan is to find some Eibach Pro-Kit or TRD rear springs (more likely), to even out the ride height but not become a snow plow in the winter.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I've spoken to Brian (FroZone) many times over the last few months... he lives in upstate NY with really severe roads and winter weather. His plan is to find some Eibach Pro-Kit or TRD rear springs (more likely), to even out the ride height but not become a snow plow in the winter.
I live in Utah. I need more low. Snow plow or not, it's cool.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
Love the wheels! If your state doesn't require the TPMS deal at inspections, you can do what I just did:

Put some black electrical tape over the LED in the dash. I don't think it's worth paying all that money for TPMS sensors. If you check your tires frequently (which you should do anyway), there isn't really a need for them. Plus, they only go off when you're really low on air.

Are you going to get Batt's Bumper Overlay in blue to match your wheels?
thanks alot. and actually my tpms light hasn't even turned on sooo who knows. and i asked him to send me a sample but it hasn't arrived yet of like a blue metallic piece.
Looks good Frozone.

haha yea its like you read my mind lol. I asked blue bat for a sample. i see a lot of silvers with the that black piece so if the sample is a true fit. i just might try it haha.
and yea what he said. def. looking for just the rears.

so far it rides nice going to have the lugs tightend tomorrow they said to check after 50 miles.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I looked it up... Looks like Syracuse got about double of the snowfall the valley got for last year... Wowzas.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep and im moving to oswego soon sooo no lowering the front lol.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How frequently is "frequent" with regard to tire pressure checks? Daily? weekly? I mean what happens when you pick up a nail and a slow leak? I guess you'd probably notice it when your 35-45 series tire gets below 20psi but if you had active TPMS, you'd be alerted before the tire drops below 25psi.

Not meaning to bust your ***** here, just pointing out that active TPMS is actually pretty useful even if you check your tire pressure frequently. It might not be worth $200 to everyone but it is to me.

BTW, nice wheels OP.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks fred. idk what to do a bout my tpms. do they make another style for the scions that might fit better?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wheels look good. How about running a set of the OEM first gen springs in the rear to even it out. I did in mine the first week i got it, and it made a world of difference.

I dont recall if its the oem front or rears that replace the rears in ours, i'll dig mine back up and let u know.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think theres another shade of blue lugs nuts, your just going to waste your time on that. just leave em like that.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Look's good! I Lived in NY (Queens )and was on NF-210's best set up for the NY roads. NF's are my pick over Eibach or TRD.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
How frequently is "frequent" with regard to tire pressure checks? Daily? weekly? I mean what happens when you pick up a nail and a slow leak? I guess you'd probably notice it when your 35-45 series tire gets below 20psi but if you had active TPMS, you'd be alerted before the tire drops below 25psi.

Not meaning to bust your ***** here, just pointing out that active TPMS is actually pretty useful even if you check your tire pressure frequently. It might not be worth $200 to everyone but it is to me.

BTW, nice wheels OP.
This may sound crazy, but I'm "in tune" with my cars. So I can feel it when there's something wrong, especially when it's low air. I can always feel it. And whenever I have a slow leak, it's nothing that will compromise me because I notice it before I hit a highway.

I guess for people that don't notice these things as well, I'd recommend TPMS more. But for me, it's really not necessary. I've driven many cars that have never had TPMS for the longest time and I've never seen a true benefit. Whenever I had a blowout on highways, I'm smart enough to not hit the brakes and gradually let the car coast until I'm safely pulled into an emergency lane. Plus, I don't live in snowy/icy areas.

But that's just me. I understand the system and what it does, but I have no benefit from it whatsoever. So I don't use it. That's why I don't justify the price.

Now, what I could use, ScionFred, are some CX Racing Headers. Hint, hint. :D
Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This may sound crazy, but I'm "in tune" with my cars. So I can feel it when there's something wrong, especially when it's low air. I can always feel it. And whenever I have a slow leak, it's nothing that will compromise me because I notice it before I hit a highway.

I guess for people that don't notice these things as well, I'd recommend TPMS more. But for me, it's really not necessary. I've driven many cars that have never had TPMS for the longest time and I've never seen a true benefit. Whenever I had a blowout on highways, I'm smart enough to not hit the brakes and gradually let the car coast until I'm safely pulled into an emergency lane. Plus, I don't live in snowy/icy areas.

But that's just me. I understand the system and what it does, but I have no benefit from it whatsoever. So I don't use it. That's why I don't justify the price.

Now, what I could use, ScionFred, are some CX Racing Headers. Hint, hint. :D
What can I say? I've been driving cars for 30 years now and never had a blow-out due to low tire pressure. I usually don't notice a low tire until it falls below 25psi but that's me. This is my first car with TPMS and while I do think it's a "nice-to-have" safety feature, I can't argue that it's a "must-have".

I'm sorry about the header but someone beat you to it. He PM'ed me first and sent payment tonight. I feel bad now...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
thanks fred. idk what to do a bout my tpms. do they make another style for the scions that might fit better?
I wish I knew.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
So the following are pics of my new Giovanni 601 18 Rims wrapped on yokohama W4s 225-40-18

2nd there are no TPMS in these rims i took pics of them trying to install htem and they noticed that they dont sit flush. so rather than break them we left them out. also my light didn't come on in the dashboard so idk i might not use them at all (new tpms set and ateq quick set might be up for sale lol)

So first gawk at the pics and then advice on the TPMS situation?
My sensors didn't fit flush either, but installing them caused no problems at all with mounting the tires. How far did they stick up? You said you had pictures, can you post them?

Quick Reply: I Have Arrived Frozone on 18's