Notices

Need help finding...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Need help finding...

Hey all. I need some help finding some Kosei K1 TS light grey 17x8 45mm offset. Apparently tirerack used to sell these but doesn't anymore and I can't find any place that does. I think they still make these in japan because its on the kosei website, but I'm not sure. I guess I'm just taking a shot in the dark in case I just missed some obvious place to look for them.

Also...if I couldn't find those i was thinking of getting

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...um=3795704935B

Any good/bad thoughts about these? My main goal is to lose some weight on the wheels so I was trying to stay as light as I can without breaking the bank. The Kosei's were my first choice because I like the design and color better, but I think I could live with the black enkei because they're both about the same weight in the 17x8.

Thanks...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

holy those rpf1's are HOT.

Kosei K1 TS's are very light, but I would go with the enkei's. man they look so nice, just make sure you are slammed, or at least dropped.

When I switched my steelies for rsx wheels, they were 17lbs each with 22lbs tires = 39lbs, about 5lbs savings on each corner. I am pretty sure my mpg went up slightly, and of course the car feels lighter ahah.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Yeah I'm at stock height right now but eventually I'm going to go with the TRD springs. The roads around here suck too much to go any lower (I'm even worried about the TRD's being too low). That and I'm too lazy to try to do coilovers or bags.

I kinda have mixed feeling about the black wheels on the blackberry Xb...maybe its just me. Its really hard to judge color on a monitor verses real world Thanks for the input its appreciated.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boooosty
holy those rpf1's are HOT.

Kosei K1 TS's are very light, but I would go with the enkei's. man they look so nice, just make sure you are slammed, or at least dropped.

When I switched my steelies for rsx wheels, they were 17lbs each with 22lbs tires = 39lbs, about 5lbs savings on each corner. I am pretty sure my mpg went up slightly, and of course the car feels lighter ahah.
so there wasn't a huge jump in gas mileage? could you estimate how much you started saving? did you put 17 inch rsx wheels?

i want to get some gram lights in all white and the main reason would gas, but it would be nice to be able to accel and stop better.