Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Changed my DRL to an LED set, after that my car remotes stopped working both of them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member

Default Changed my DRL to an LED set, after that my car remotes stopped working both of them?

Does anyone have a clue whats up?

Its now after hours so i can not drive to a local scion dealer to ask about the problem.

Do you guys think my mod made that problem?

Any help and suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many times did you try the remote? sometimes after unhooking the battery alarms and remotes need to resync with each other
Old 08-13-2011, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

Actually all I really did was remove the stock bulb and replace it with the LEDs.

>ALSO THIS MORNING ON MY WAY TO WORK WHEN I GOT IN MY CAR I noticed just about all my interior lights were not working including my stereo the only thing working was my gauges thank goodness since I this it's the most important thing. I was thinking it was my battery dying but my xd was running normal. I guess the only solution is to put the stock bulbs back again and see if things would go back to normal. I'll get backhere again and post if there would be any changes after that.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check your fuses. Sounds like you blew a fuse
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely a fuse. I've changed all my lighting inside and out to leds and didn't have problems.

Sent from my rooted Droid
Old 08-13-2011, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup, second that, its a fuse..
Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

alright you guys might be right. the fuse might be blown ANOTHER HORRIFYING PROBLEM> im a total asian barbie fixing and accessorizing my own car all by myself. i barely know much about my xd and dont know what a fuse look like, where to find it and what to do now. do i need to buy another one and just replace it?

(doing a research right after i post this reply just so you guys know im actually trying and not such a slow one but your help and tips would help out a bunch! and thanks again for your time!)

once i get to fix this problem, what should i avoid doing or what are the proper ways to do to prevent blowing the fuse again?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have two fuse panels, one under the hood on the left side, and one under the dash outboard of the steering wheel. the covers on both have legends telling you which fuses are which. there are three spare fuses off to the side in the under the hood fuse box. you can get a pack of misc. atm fuses at walmart/ autozone/pepboys. theyre smaller that the older atc fuses, look for the small blade fuses. theres a small fuse puller in the engine bay fuse panel that helps in pulling the fuses out, but a small pair of long nose pliers works better. start pulling fuses involving lights and look for one with a burnt out element.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just grabbed a couple quick cell pics.

heres the fuse panel under the hood. mines silver, yours is black. look for the dome fuse and check that one. 15amp i believe.

heres your under the dash fuse panel with the cover off.

heres the cover youll see. those are harder to check(harder to reach). be advised, the stock fuses look smaller/shorter than whet you can buy from the store, but as long as what you buy is the same width youll be good.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what i was going to recommend next
Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before you put the new fuse in, I'd remove the leds you installed. I'm thinking you inserted one in a reversed polarity mode (backwards). So, remove the new bulbs, replace the fuse and see if your cabin lights etc. Come back on. Then turn on the switch that should illuminate your new LEDs. Insert the new led and if it does not light, put it in in 180 degrees. It should work. Also pay attention to making sure the cabin lights stay working. After all the stuff is done and buttoned up, you're all done! The fuse you're looking for is in the engine compartment driver side near the battery. 7 or 10 amp. Red or brown. Yank it out using the small white fuse puler. You can see from the side if the fuse is cut. Good luck!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

sorry haven't been back to post what happened after all guys but

TURNED OUT I DID BUST A FUSE, THANK YOUUU ALL FOR YOUR AMAZING TIPS AND TAKING YOUR TIME TO HELP ME OUT ON THIS SPECIALLY YOU COBALTBRAVO! YOURE RIGHT GETTING UNDER THE DASH FUSE PANEL WASNT A JOKE, SO I DECIDED TO START FROM THE ONE UNDER THE HOOD FIRST, (also had a lil help from my dad to pull the fuse ;p) IT WAS THE BLUE 15AMP (dome?) THAT WAS BUSTED. AND EASILY REPLACED IT WITH ONE OF THE SPARE FUSE THAT WAS ALEADY PROVIDED. NOW EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL AND ENJOYING MY FULL LED MOD IN MY CAR. YAY LOVING MY CAR MORE, THIS SITE AND EVERYONE HERE! MuahugzZz!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

np, glad i could help.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

That's what were all here for, glad you got it worked out...Why did the fuse blow is the question?
Old 08-25-2011, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
That's what were all here for, glad you got it worked out...Why did the fuse blow is the question?
well i was changing my drl lights and was getting a little annoyed going back in font turning the lights on and off. so i just left is on while switching it then all of a sudden the drl lights just won't lit up at all, which i thought i blew them up instead at first but the next day when i was going to work i got on my car found out that all the lights inside won't turn on either also to mention my car alarm/remote and stereo. XD but really you're guys are such a big help! totally rocked my socks!