Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...
View Poll Results: Which Color Scheme should I go for?
Black sand with white (white accented theme)
11.11%
Black Sand with Black (Black-Out theme)
33.33%
Black Sand with Chrome (luxurious yet sporty theme)
11.11%
Super White with black (Storm Trooper Theme!!)
44.44%
Other (If chosen, post what you have in mind!)
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Ready to buy- need some help first!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:17 PM

Default Ready to buy- need some help first!

I've been looking at this forum-site for the past 24 hours. I might possibly be in love! I test drove an xD and will be buying within the next month. I'm torn between Black Sand and Super White. Which should I get and why?

Real quick, I am the type of person that loves doing stuff on my own.. modding is fun. However, I'm also the person who doesn't like to make mistakes.. which leads me to become over dependent and reliant on others' answers from experience. i.e. when I ask questions to people about things they've done that I want to do, I like to use the exact brand and know exactly what they did to get that set thing finished. almost like a how-to.

Also, I'm sixteen years old, and only kinda on a budget. I pull 30+ hours of work a week..outside of school where I'm in gifted-level and AP courses. I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging.. at all. I'm just trying to give background and note that I'm relatively busy. The car will be purchased under my parents' name and financed the same way.. yet I'll be the one making the payments. I have a '91 Integra LS (Vanessa(because when purchased, the Acura emblem was upside down on the hood in the shape of a "V")) and I hate it(her). She's a 5-speed, but my parents will only sign for my new car if it's Automatic. So, My xD will be 4Dr, Automatic, not allowed to be Red. haha!
When my parents told me i was allowed to buy a new car, they gave me a list of requirements..
1) Foreign (If i buy a Chevy, Ford, etc. the warranty may not be valid for the full term)
2) Not red. (Too flashy and for insurance purposes.)
3) Had to have cupholders. (current car doesn't have them, "we're not thrilled that you drive a 5-speed at sixteen, hold your cup, and probably text all while driving")
4) Preferably Black (I think they meant "Sand Black" ;) haha this one can be voided if Storm Trooper is chosen
5) Automatic (less hassle... unless tranny is blown)
6) Four doors (insurance purposes- at current my car is considered a coupe.. "sports car")
I'm hesitant to get white because the normal "it shows dirt quicker." But, it just looks so sick!

If I get the Sand Black, I'll be putting white rims on it.. I think! -which leads me to the next question..

I think it's silly for the dealership to charge close to 800 dollars for a $400 set of rims. So, Im going to get hubcaps and get rims after, very soon after. Should I upsize the wheels and tires or just stick with the stock 16's? A lot of wheel-sites don't even have the '09 xD. should I look for '09 tC rims? Which rims do you guys like on the xD? I'm thinking either Black sand with white (white accented theme). or Black Sand with Black (Black-Out theme). Black Sand with Chrome (luxurious yet sporty theme). Super White with black (Storm Trooper Theme!!). So, I have NO idea. I kinda want my mind set before get started; I wanna have a plan.

I want to black out the taillights, and headlights if legal in GA, regardless of exterior color chosen. but I'm REALLY hesitant about sticking my lights in the oven Is there not an easier way?! Can anyone give me the EXACT brand of paint they used? I found one that was alluded to in a previous post, but it ended up being a primer, and me being the way I am, I'm not sure if a primer is the right one to be used or not.

I wish that I still cycled- roof racks look so sick!

I'm envious to all of you guys who get out and do what you want to these cars and look wicked doing it. I appreciate all help in advance because I'm well aware that I'm a pain in the..

Well, thanks again in assisting me in probably the longest forum post I've seen thus far.. besides the copied and pasted laws for voiding warranties.

P.P.S. I’m sure I’ll think of more questions. You guys rock. (I know what you're thinking- / )

Already thought of something i forgot!- If xD is dropped, does it sacrifice the ride?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from personal experience black gets dirty QUICK. so if you're worried about something like that, go with white, because despite what people think, white hides alot of its grime. I personally love white, but i was looking for a 5-speed and the BSP was cheaper than the White.

for rims go with what you like, not what others have....personally i hate chrome, and i hate anything bigger than 17's. i prefer gold/bronze rims as well...i think the black/chrome look is overplayed and not at all appealing, but that's just a personal opinion.

honestly i'm not too sure why they would view an automatic as less hassle for 1) they're not driving it right? and 2) manual will save money...so..w/e. that's up to them not me :D haha

if youre worried about cooking your headlights, then don't do it lol send it to someone who has experience with it. im sure theres people here who'd be willing to help you out and have done it with their Ds. overlay's are easier than spray, so if you dont want to even risk messing up, go with that....spraying takes alot of work, and unless you have experience with painting techniques, can be easily botched.

dropping any car can technically sacrifice ride quality in the sense that you're aware of every bump you go over. I'm on DF's and there's no problem, roads suck in so. cal. and my only problem is why the city hasnt done anything about it. I love my ride now that its lowered, and i can assure you that body roll is significantly decreased (at least with the DF's)

it seems you have specific plans so go with your gut. don't rely on what others say because as we all know the internet is not home to those unbiased. hope you reconsider and get the 5-speed

enjoy your xD
Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

white. i have black and it looks sooooooo good when its clean, but thirty min later its $h!ty again. so wish i would have got white.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...i agree, and now theres sap stuck on my car, wont wash off or come off in any way. pretty ____ed about that -_-
Old 01-10-2009, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

acitone dude. its amazing
Old 01-10-2009, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol oh man. im scurred for my paint
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member