Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

xD Attacked by a tree, lost

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 AM

Default xD Attacked by a tree, lost

So I parked my beautiful Wasabi under a tree, as I do every work-day to keep it out of the sun. It got extremely windy around noon, and being a cubicle-dweller who rarely steps outside my designated workspace, I didn't notice until it was far too late, and a tree branch, lowered from the wind, had viciously attacked the roof of the xD for the past 3 hours. Needless to say, it looks like a madman took a palm-sander to the roof of my car.

I cleaned the wounds as much as I could at a self serve carwash, and bought a bottle of 'Mother's California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax" based on a recommendation from a bodyshop employee. This stuff better work miracles, or I'm looking at having the whole roof, and some side panels/doorframes re-painted, to the tune of at least a thousand $$$.

Soooo.... Does anyone have any recommendations to best clean my xD's cuts? Is this "Mother's" brand any good? Anyone with any bodyshop or paint experience, your chime-in would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 AM

Default not a pro but

my friends all ride sport bikes and when they lay a bike down mother's is the only brand they use to fix it up.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 AM

Good to know, thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by kungfu tc
my friends all ride sport bikes and when they lay a bike down mother's is the only brand they use to fix it up.
Mothers is some good stuff, I would have to agree.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would use some Ultimate Compound or yellow rubbing compound from Meguiar's to work out most of the scratches, then I'd put on some ScratchX from Meguiar's to get some more out, then top it off with SwirlX, still from Meguiar's. You want the best possible cut you can get so use a cotton applicator pad and wipe off using microfiber. The best cut would be a cotton-topped rotary but that's only if you know how to use one properly. Then I'd do a three-step paint cleaner, polish, and wax, using a foam applicator pad.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jnaval
I would use some Ultimate Compound or yellow rubbing compound from Meguiar's to work out most of the scratches, then I'd put on some ScratchX from Meguiar's to get some more out, then top it off with SwirlX, still from Meguiar's. You want the best possible cut you can get so use a cotton applicator pad and wipe off using microfiber. The best cut would be a cotton-topped rotary but that's only if you know how to use one properly. Then I'd do a three-step paint cleaner, polish, and wax, using a foam applicator pad.

paint cleaner, polish, wax, and applicator pad from meguire's, too?