Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

long tube headers are here!!! group buy+++

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I'm sure glad I did Will, awesome company to do business with...
Old 09-25-2011, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I might be game, but How will we know if it won't
trips out CEL?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could always buy a cel eliminator.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the kind words! Our company would be nada without the help and support of folks like Nateson, xD Kidd and our new best friend Yelosub. These three have been a driving force behind the creation of our Toyota header and midpipe and should be thanked for helping develop some kick a$$ products for the xD community. The good news is that we were wrapping up everything yesterday so Yelosub can quit taking the bus and get his hotrod back!

We'll be releasing out the different configurations and pricing ASAP so we can start building and shipping. Please note we also designed the midpipe to install with the stock exhaust manifold or Weapon R header. Like the Corolla project, we wanted to offer the option for folks to buy the midpipe even if they didn't want to purchase our header or had already made the investment in another aftermarket shorty header. Phatchef, please feel free to roll by the shop anytime, get a tour and meet me and the crew....our doors are always open to you guys and gals.

Thanks,

Johnny
RPM
Old 09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

looks good if you want to try out the 2nd gen xb i am in the phx area also.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Thanks for response Johnny...And for all you Az folks, definitely take a drive out to Chandler to meet Johnny and crew and check out the shop...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 09-25-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going to have to call Monday, and reserve me one of those. Johnny, one thing that might interest you is that our car Scion XD shares the same chassis as the Yaris. So the mid pipe may also work for them as well. I don't know about where the yaris header meets the mid pipe, but their "cat back" from magnaflow only goes from the resonator to muffler. here's a link to their cat back, it should look pretty familiar.
http://www.etrailer.com/Exhaust-Syst...eid=2011205044
Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 AM

Thanks Nateson! I will look into the Yaris and see if we can get our header and midpipe on that too !!!

Johnny
RPM

Originally Posted by Nateson
I'm going to have to call Monday, and reserve me one of those. Johnny, one thing that might interest you is that our car Scion XD shares the same chassis as the Yaris. So the mid pipe may also work for them as well. I don't know about where the yaris header meets the mid pipe, but their "cat back" from magnaflow only goes from the resonator to muffler. here's a link to their cat back, it should look pretty familiar.
http://www.etrailer.com/Exhaust-Syst...eid=2011205044
Old 09-26-2011, 03:29 AM

Phatchef, we may be in touch soon to talk about a possible header/midpipe system for the 2nd gen xb.

Thanks
Johnny
RPM

Originally Posted by phatchef
looks good if you want to try out the 2nd gen xb i am in the phx area also.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

no problem i got a weapon r one on now and i got the stock on yet too
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RPM1
Thanks for the kind words! Our company would be nada without the help and support of folks like Nateson, xD Kidd and our new best friend Yelosub. These three have been a driving force behind the creation of our Toyota header and midpipe and should be thanked for helping develop some kick a$$ products for the xD community. The good news is that we were wrapping up everything yesterday so Yelosub can quit taking the bus and get his hotrod back!

We'll be releasing out the different configurations and pricing ASAP so we can start building and shipping. Please note we also designed the midpipe to install with the stock exhaust manifold or Weapon R header. Like the Corolla project, we wanted to offer the option for folks to buy the midpipe even if they didn't want to purchase our header or had already made the investment in another aftermarket shorty header. Phatchef, please feel free to roll by the shop anytime, get a tour and meet me and the crew....our doors are always open to you guys and gals.

Thanks,

Johnny
RPM

So I emailed you PPE, and they sent me an email back saying that there are no longtube headers from there shop...so what gives? if we have question who do we contact... Johnny?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by two.0XD
So I emailed you PPE, and they sent me an email back saying that there are no longtube headers from there shop...so what gives? if we have question who do we contact... Johnny?
PPE is not their company RPM is. Here's their number 480-390-2927 or email redline@rpmheaders.com or website www.rpmheaders.com The designer use to work for PPE I think is what is confusing you. My first time dealing with them was no problem, and am looking forward to their mid pipe. Though I do not have the best luck getting them on the phone.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 AM

I was the lead designer and fabricator at PPE but left there to open up RPM (Redline Performance Manufacturing) January of this year. Please feel free to contact us like Nateson said at 480-390-2927 or email at redline@rpmheaders.com or check our our website at www.rpmheaders.com. The website does not have our Scion products posted up yet cause we just got done with the midpipe design this week. I will have some pictures and a sound clip set up in our photobucket tonight!!

Johnny
RPM

PPE is not their company RPM is. Here's their number 480-390-2927 or email redline@rpmheaders.com or website www.rpmheaders.com The designer use to work for PPE I think is what is confusing you. My first time dealing with them was no problem, and am looking forward to their mid pipe. Though I do not have the best luck getting them on the phone.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 AM

If you call the shop number (480-390-2927) and i dont answer i am probably under a car or on the bench welding something, so please leave me a message. I do check messages during the day and return calls usually within the hour.

Thank You
Johnny
RPM

Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 AM

RPM Header/Midpipe UPDATE !!!

Here is a link to our Photobucket with updated pics of the XD midpipe project and some sound clips with the stock axle back and a Strup axle back http://photobucket.com/scionxd

Johnny
RPM
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I want to thank Johnny for all his hard work that went into this project...After my last venture (turbotoyota) I was a little nervous about loaning my car for another project...But after physically meeting Johnny at the shop and his continual updates and phone contact with me my mind was quickly put at ease...After seeing the final product I'm very pleased...The sound clips sound like a little beast has been unleashed...Can't wait to meet up with Johnny tomorrow and get my car back...

Thanks again RPM...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 09-27-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Woo hoo, talk about customer service!!! Johnny just called and said he is driving the roughly 60 miles to deliver my vehicle to me along with all my stock parts in a follow truck...I can't thank Johnny and the staff at RPM enough for all their work...

I will give you all my feedback once I get the car in my hands and take her for a spin...

Make sure to support RPM as they have supported the xD community when few other companies have...
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

UPDATE!!!!

My vehicle was delivered at 1:00 pm Arizona time

I fired up the xD for the first time, man what a completely different sound...She sounded loud and mean...Throttle response is instant...I took her for a spin and opened her up, man the butt dyno could definitely feel the power difference...Remember folks, I have an AUTOMATIC...I smash the gas and the xD gets up and goes...Smash the gas from a roll on and the power is instant...I believe their dyno claims on the Corolla for a 8-10HP gain are correct for the header and midpipe combo...I believe I'm probably somewhere around 12-15HP with the header, midpipe, Strup exhaust, and the short ram intake...I might be even a little more but without a dyno I'm not for certain...

You DO NOT need to run an aftermarket exhaust to use their header and midpipe combo...I personally feel that with the stock exhaust it sounds better but I will continue to use the Strup for the added performance gains...

Once again, thank you to Johnny and the staff at RPM...You guys do incredible work and I can see future products from you guys...turbo (hint hint)
Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

i will give them a call and go check them out next week on one of my days off for sure. cant wait to go for a ride and check this out Tim
Old 09-28-2011, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Anytime Will...

Quick Reply: long tube headers are here!!! group buy+++