Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

FSR Turbo xD

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Default FSR Turbo xD

I found this pot on another topic.

Originally Posted by FSR
We at FSR were contracted by PAS Magazine to do the turbo build, and due to a bunch of time constraints, only had two days. This was the HIN PAS feature car for the HIN series, and will be traveling around the country. Thanks to Mario for letting us borrow his car for mockup. The car runs hard with a full FSR custom turbo setup, SPA Turbo, and SMax intercooler and hardware.

Here are some pics:

Here is a short trailer, I'll have a longer vid tomorrow:

http://www.fsrmotorsports.com/video/...tPromotion.mov

Ian
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 AM

Sweet! Maybe this means some parts are coming for the XD soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks soooo cramped in there lol. Oh well, hopefully more parts soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

They put that setup together in two days? Damn.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

They used my friends xd for the mockup. The space is so tight that they had to put the battery under the seat. That is also the AIT body kit that is coming out for the xd
Old 03-26-2008, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooooh ok so thats the body kit. Actually I'm not too fond with the lips sticking out that far. I'd rather see pictures of it in better light to see what it really looks like.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks sweet but 2 days? i hate when companies make up times to make it seem like they pulled a miracle out of their a$$

looks hot though.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of bling into that engine bay... But is the car actually running? Did they post the specs? Or what did they used for engine management?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:36 AM
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yeah it runs, they had my car for a week, but only had 2days to put it from my xD into the PAS Mag car. The car is running the same AIT kit that my xD has and it creates a lil more room to play with but not much. That Turbo from FSR and S-Max is the ish fo reals. I am seriously thinking about doing it myself and the great guys at FSR Racing and SMax would love to have more xD's want the turbo. As far as I know the car has not been Dynoed, but what is the need...it is a show car! But it does run and it looks sooooooo hard. Let me know if you guys have any questions and hopefully I can answer them or send you to the right guys to talk to.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 AM
FSR

Hey guys,

As stated, we had Mario's (Thanks again Mario!) car to try to do some mockup but most of that time was spent ordering parts. We had the actual car for around 40 hours. We worked non stop throughout both nights in order to finish. The video documents a small amount of the work.

We built a completely one off turbo kit including a stainless 308l TIG welded t3 manifold w/ provisions for the external wastegate, 3" vband downpipe, 2-3" 6061 polished intercooler piping to an SMAX intercooler, a completely custom tuned 6061 sheetmetal intake manifold with equal length runners and smoothed out stacks inside the plenum, which works with the drive by wire throttle assy.

The car runs and drives, and we are tuning it as we speak. We use only the best parts and that is why the car worked on the first try. Here is a short vid documenting our progress.

http://www.fsrmotorsports.com/fsr/video.htm

Vid is at the bottom of the page. Thanks for looking!

Ian
Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amazing engine work, nice kit, terrible graphics. Oh well, it's a show car... but that turbo kit should speak for itself.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Great Job FSR. Car looks great. System is awesome. We say it at HIN LA and its clean.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FSR
Hey guys,

As stated, we had Mario's (Thanks again Mario!) car to try to do some mockup but most of that time was spent ordering parts. We had the actual car for around 40 hours. We worked non stop throughout both nights in order to finish. The video documents a small amount of the work.

We built a completely one off turbo kit including a stainless 308l TIG welded t3 manifold w/ provisions for the external wastegate, 3" vband downpipe, 2-3" 6061 polished intercooler piping to an SMAX intercooler, a completely custom tuned 6061 sheetmetal intake manifold with equal length runners and smoothed out stacks inside the plenum, which works with the drive by wire throttle assy.

The car runs and drives, and we are tuning it as we speak. We use only the best parts and that is why the car worked on the first try. Here is a short vid documenting our progress.

http://www.fsrmotorsports.com/fsr/video.htm

Vid is at the bottom of the page. Thanks for looking!

Ian
Ian

great meeting you at hin la. it's mike withe the orange xD. hats off to your crew putting that togethor =) i'll email you soon man!

Mike
Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 AM
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yeah so I actually got to drive the danm thing this past weekend from FSR to Amplified Motorsports in Monterey Park and all I can say is wow!!!!!!! I took a good buddy of mine C.S. with me to droped off the HIN xD and pick mine up from the shop and all we got were thumbs up and looks for days. The car sounds and looks sick. It drives nice too. I am officially the first to really drive the car!! Well I just had to through that out there for kicks.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there an expected release date for the kit?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or price?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 PM
AlphaSquad
SL Member

A kit as far as the body kit on the xD or the turbo kit that is on the xD... The body kit is still in production and should be out soon, and as far as the turbo kit goes, the great guys at FSR will be more than happy to put one into anybodys xd useing the S-Max intercooler, this is a custome job soo having a kit to just take home and do it yourself is not possible at the moment, plus if you take a look at the video's on there site that they posted the link to, I wouldn't want to put one in myself. They had to totaly reconstruct the engine bay, being that the xD engine bay is so small and tight. But if you have any more questions on either of these please let me or the guys at FSR Motorsports know.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 PM
SL Member

Nice Vid.

Maybe there will be a high flow manifold available for the xd sometime soon.

That turbo rocks.

For myself, I could use the old bring manifold and exaust system mod to start.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm... im guessing to have them do that work is gonna be pushing $8-$10k.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 AM
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I honestly don't know, but if you would like I can get the quote for you and post it up, also who would be interested in purchasing an intake manafold or headers if FSR decided to make them, I need a big enough market to make this happen?

Quick Reply: FSR Turbo xD