Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTuning Turbo Kit for the XD

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

To answer a few commonly asked questions from this thread:

1. Why ask for $2000 and not less?
ANS: If someone make a $2000 deposit they most likely are dead serious and will not back out. Also, the kit will definitely be more than $2000.

2. How can you be sure that once we get the deposit, we don't back out?
ANS: As with any company, we rely on our previous track record. When we take on a project, it will be delivered.

3. When are you looking to develop this kit?
ANS: We have no timeline. It's really up to you. Once we get the minimum 10 commitments, we will make start the R&D process.

4. What is the expected turn around time for the production kit to ship?
ANS: Once the R&D process is completed, we anticipate the turn around time for the production pieces to be completed is within 8-12 weeks.

Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 09-04-2009, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had inquired about something at Joliet's redline time attack while chatting with the xA owner since I have both a xB1 and a xD. but now that 2zzfe swap is intriguing
Old 09-04-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im aware of being more then 2k but how much more is kinda the question if jst deposit alone is 2k. did that make sense?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oo man. if any one can make a s/c then im soo in lol jst saying lol
Old 09-04-2009, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well looking at the tc kits, i'm guessing that it will run right around those price range. so the 2k is probably around half.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok If the community stands by PTuning then I guess I stand with them.

edit: nvrmind I just looked up the tC kits I got my own answer.

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 09-04-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow guys, I'm really disappointed for the most part... Everyone on here has whined about there not being any support for the xD, and here we are with a REPUTABLE and WELL KNOWN company throughout the Scion community and you guys are STILL complaining because they are asking for commitment. Yeah, $2k is a little steep, but they (as a company) need to know beyond any reasonable doubt that you are fully commited!

Trust me, if I had a way to produce $2k for this I would! And if I lived a little closer to pTuning they would have my xD to do the R&D.

Come on guys, let get serious about this and quit whining. If you're gonna get on this thread and bash help from a reputable company then go somewhere else and add to their noise.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

It's the Scion community, by far the cheapest car community out there. I've never seen so many people complain about prices so much. You've got to pay to play people.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said. i dont mind ptuning r&d my car but yea. I was just asking how much would it be cause ea time I hear deposit. its like 20-25% of the price but yea now I got the idea nd its not too bad if you can add 100+hp like you did with the tc's lol
but yea I dont this is gonna happen because it reminds me of the time we needed at 15 people to purchase nst pulley and it took awhile till we got enough to be produced.

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 09-04-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: cause I had a flashback/ deja vu moment fool haha
Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion community is cheap, but it might be close with the Honda and VW's and everyone other community actually. it can always be found on the internet cheaper....lol
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one ever said that that $2000 was 20-25% of the price. They stated that it was just to make sure you weren't gonna back out.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On the positive side to this whole deposit thing I can add that it will be more easy on the wallet to most people to make 2 payments instead of 1 big payment.

So instead of puting $4K down you will only have to put down 2K and would have 2-3 months to get the balance...

If I woudn't have started already with my own kit I would be so into this...
Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Thank you all for your feedback.
Obviously, until we are actually in the R&D process we won't know the final price of the kit.

We went with $2000 because we anticipate the final price of the kit to be similar to that of our tC kit. So, $2000 is approximately half of the kit.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive seen many xd owners complain that its not fast enough. People even say they are thinking about swapping the engine, or making a custom kit with Yaris parts.

why even bother when you have such a great company like PTuning offering to help you out? they're just trying to be nice, and make the scion community the best it can be with their wonderful products.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey_Boy
ive seen many xd owners complain that its not fast enough. People even say they are thinking about swapping the engine, or making a custom kit with Yaris parts.

why even bother when you have such a great company like PTuning offering to help you out? they're just trying to be nice, and make the scion community the best it can be with their wonderful products.
because not only is $4000 a lot of money (though im sure it would be quality), weve had a lot of promises and hopes shot down.... and those companies that do produce something get criticized by those who think they could do better but instead do nothing.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by pickledchang
because not only is $4000 a lot of money (though im sure it would be quality), weve had a lot of promises and hopes shot down.... and those companies that do produce something get criticized by those who think they could do better but instead do nothing.
And one of those promises was Todd from TT, so you can forget about trying to use that as any credibility for disappointment. That was a guaranteed disappointment.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
Thank you all for your feedback.
Obviously, until we are actually in the R&D process we won't know the final price of the kit.

We went with $2000 because we anticipate the final price of the kit to be similar to that of our tC kit. So, $2000 is approximately half of the kit.

Hope this help.
how much power gain can we expect to get in our xd with a turbo kit and not having engine brake in half?
Im not trying to say our engines are the same as the tc's but ptuning's kits makes 100+hp with their 4k kit (based from website)
and purchasing a 4k kit for 40-50hp gain on a xd?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
And one of those promises was Todd from TT, so you can forget about trying to use that as any credibility for disappointment. That was a guaranteed disappointment.
and if we all owned a tC, we could all be a ptuning fanboi, too... but thats not the case. whats wrong with waiting to see it before we believe it?

i'd really like to know what all is included with this $4k kit, thats pretty pricey if its only going to show 50% gains. but hey, if it lets you put down over 200whp WITH RELIABILITY, then it'd probably be worth it. and by reliability (before someone goes on that tangent), i dont mean a kit without excess engine wear - i mean a kit that isnt going to fall apart. sure ptuning may be well known in the scion community, but that DOES NOT include the xD side of things.

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It's the Scion community, by far the cheapest car community out there. I've never seen so many people complain about prices so much. You've got to pay to play people.
...again, if you own a tC. just because the xD and tC both have a scion badge does not make it the same car, at all. my RAV4 has more in common with the tC than the xD.

as far as im concered, "todd @ TT" has about the same ring to it as "mike @ ptuning"... just two random people somewhere in the world typing on a keyboard. and if ptuning is such a good company, then great, i hope to see the kit as well as good numbers - they'd be the first. im not doubting they will build a kit, im just not expecting anything.

Last edited by pickledchang; 09-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

This thread is simply used to gather real interest for a possible xD turbo kit. An xD owner approached us with a request. We basically provide our criteria for the development of the kit. If we can not gather enough interest or the criterias are more than what most owners are willing to commit, then we simply scratch the idea. No harms done.

We fully understand everyone's concerns. Everyone wants to see what the kit will produce, what it will look like, etc. before committing a deposit. This is 100% understandable. At the same time, as a company, we can not afford to invest money and time to develop a kit that may end up selling one. So, as you all can see, there is really no middle ground.

I thank everyone for your support and input. It's obvious that the current criteria are beyond what most owners are willing to commit. Therefore, we will put the project aside for now. Hopefully, we can re-visit it again in the future with more doable terms.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Quick Reply: PTuning Turbo Kit for the XD