Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Installed new head unit, clock doesn't work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:00 AM

Default Installed new head unit, clock doesn't work.

09 xD

Ok so I installed a new double din unit and it has no spot to plug the clock to. Here's the kicker, the head units clock doesn't work correctly. So I would really like my stock clock to work buy have no idea how to hook it up properly to the unit. Oh and also my airbag light has been on since the install. Any suggestions? Sorry I'm kind of new at this.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by sehall6h
09 xD

Ok so I installed a new double din unit and it has no spot to plug the clock to. Here's the kicker, the head units clock doesn't work correctly. So I would really like my stock clock to work buy have no idea how to hook it up properly to the unit. Oh and also my airbag light has been on since the install. Any suggestions? Sorry I'm kind of new at this.
The clock and hazard switch should have its own wires and harness. Look and see if the cable is loose in the dash or even accidentally plugged into the head unit. I've done this before, accidentally plugging the clock cables into my radio and blew the fuse. I was surprised to find that the factory stereo has a socket on the back that nothing plugs into and has the shape of the clock harness so it's really easy to mix up.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

You probably didn't plug in the harness to the clock. Remove the center dash trim- if there is nothing attached to it, plug in the harness. This will allow you to use your hazards again and your air-bag light will turn off. What head unit do you have- I find it suspicious that it cant keep it's own time... I can post pictures if you need it...