Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Buying after market cabin filters

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 08:46 PM

Default Buying after market cabin filters

Hello,

I recently went to the dealership and they wanted $56 to change my cabin filter. I told them no thanks.

I ended up buying Cleenaire CAF10285A from Amazon for $12 or something around that.

How do dealerships get away with such obsessive pricing? It took me literally a few minutes to install and it was obvious that after market one I bought was better quality than the OEM.

I usually try to stick to OEM parts but this one seemed like a no-brainer.. Anyone care to chime in?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Typical dealer rip. I was surprised to learn that Scion never put a cabin filter in the xD at the factory, even though they are made for one.

Rock auto has various cabin filters for the xD. Anywhere from $5.00 to $15.00. Shipping on top of that. The Denso cabin filter that Toyota/Scion uses stock is $7.35.

They are easy to change.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:59 AM

Toyota probably doesn't make their own filters anyways, so you are probably just buying an overpriced aftermarket filter anyways. Just buy one from online, if you are concerned about the quality you can always just buy a brand name which is slightly more but I honestly don't think it matters.