Team ScioNRG

we need boost.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Gonna need more than boost to take down a Cooper S, especially the new turbo ones. I've seen them do mid 14's in the 1/4, bone stock.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I doubt it, a 220whp xd should run the same if not better in the quarter mile than the mini s
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't know. it was interesting. I'm sure I looked like a ricer to that guy, but I had to know. I realized today I also made that run with the defog on too. hammer to the head. but it wasn;t as bad as you'd think. have to control first gear first. I also have the filter swap.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

boost is the ticket here.....
Old 05-02-2009, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it still wasn;t that bad. if I was on my game, I coulda almost had him.....lol but I didn;t have my car.....lol
Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope the next time you do that you go right past a cop ;)
Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

Good run, totally love to street race. Havn't had any good matchups myself...yet
Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Street racing is an automatic life failure
Old 05-02-2009, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
ditto, take it to the track...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I'm going to have to call BS on 'coulda almost had him'. A Cooper-S runs with things like S2K's, Si's w/bolt ons, S/C tCs, Cobalt SS's, etc. Either the guy had no clue how to drive or he was toying with you.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by breaux_tC
what if we dont have time to "take it to the track"? What if we like the randomness of stopping at a red light, and looking over at the guy next to you, knowing its on? I work 7 days a week and if I feel like having a little speed rush then I will, I will and have done so since the day I got my liscence. Why is it that street racers are the only ones that get crap about reckless driving? What about all these soccer moms that ride my butt in traffic, cut me off, change lanes without signaling and alot of the time have to slam on THEIR brakes because im coming to a stop and their too busy diddling with something in their car?Or all the guys in the jacked up trucks that think they own the road and do the same things? Or all the idiots that drive horribly because theyre staring at their crotch texting on their phones?Or just drive crappy in general because their focused on talking on their cell and not actually driving...

I am one of the most courteous drivers you will ever find( especially in houston), I use my turn signals, dont tailgate people, never answer/talk/or text on my phone and never cut anyone off,yet from time to time when I have some clear road I like to go fast if someone wants to play. You people are just basing your judgment of street racing on those idiots who think they know how to drive, hit the gas and cant react to situations that may occur(i.e loss of traction, someone pulling out in front of them, not being able to slow down quick enough, and many other reasons their little minds can't react quick enough and accidents happen).
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

let me just ask you one question. have you ever been in a wreck where you could have died?
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScioNick
what if we dont have time to "take it to the track"? What if we like the randomness of stopping at a red light, and looking over at the guy next to you, knowing its on? I work 7 days a week and if I feel like having a little speed rush then I will, I will and have done so since the day I got my liscence. Why is it that street racers are the only ones that get crap about reckless driving? What about all these soccer moms that ride my butt in traffic, cut me off, change lanes without signaling and alot of the time have to slam on THEIR brakes because im coming to a stop and their too busy diddling with something in their car?Or all the guys in the jacked up trucks that think they own the road and do the same things? Or all the idiots that drive horribly because theyre staring at their crotch texting on their phones?Or just drive crappy in general because their focused on talking on their cell and not actually driving...

I am one of the most courteous drivers you will ever find( especially in houston), I use my turn signals, dont tailgate people, never answer/talk/or text on my phone and never cut anyone off,yet from time to time when I have some clear road I like to go fast if someone wants to play. You people are just basing your judgment of street racing on those idiots who think they know how to drive, hit the gas and cant react to situations that may occur(i.e loss of traction, someone pulling out in front of them, not being able to slow down quick enough, and many other reasons their little minds can't react quick enough and accidents happen).
Are you seriously going to defend street racing?
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i believe he is
Old 05-02-2009, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Ya know what, I'm not even going to bother. Just go ahead and street race.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Banned
SL Member

let me just ask you one question. have you ever been in a wreck where you could have died?
Nope, have no accidents to this day that were my fault other than a woman rear ending my xD the first week I had it because she couldnt slow down and wait for the person in front of me to make his right turn. She was trying to get in the left lane to go around me before she got up to me but couldn't, so proceeded to plow into the car.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

mmk well get back to me when you do and we will see if your perspective hasnt changed any

i can understand where your coming from but when you find out the hard way that your not invincible, you will find the time to go to the track to get that rush youre looking for. promise.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a Scion forum. There are no soccer mom's on this site (as far as we know) posting about how they were trying to get around some slowpoke in the fast lane or what have you.

Males under 30(? don't remember anymore) are the number one reason why insurance rates are so high for you guys. It's because of the racing crap guys pull to either have fun or show who's the better driver/male.

If you have that much testosterone in your system, you need to find a different way to relieve it.

Plus, you should know better when you make a post about racing, trying to beat another car, etc. that you're going to get crap for it.

Quick Reply: delete please