Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]
View Poll Results: Will the xA in 2006 resemble the xA in 2009?
Almost entirely
8.33%
Some small modest changes
4.17%
Some major fundamental differences
33.33%
Ripped from another Toyota model
25.00%
No longer in the Scion lineup
16.67%
I think there's a hair in my soup
12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

The Future of the xA

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gidawg23
Originally Posted by tCheesy
looks like next gen Aveo...GAHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
theyre all a buncha retards on that site...

and by retarded, i mean "they can do ANYthing!"

i personally dont like the looks of the new one, the C-pillar and whole back end are too "rav-4ish"

if anything, they ought to figure out a way to make the overhangs even shorter, while putting in a bigger engine. the passenger compartment is just right. big engine, small car.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member

I think what they should do is sort of "steal" the Chrysler 300m's door/window design feature. I'm not a fan of the car, but I do think you get a really sporty look by creating a very high sightline like the 300 does. Small windows, high ride height. I think they could get away with just that little tweak and maybe some limited design cues to give the car a better profile.

I think, for some reason, what turns most people away is the rear. It can look somewhat underwhelming at many angles. Almost looks weak. Not in the sense of being "bad" but in the sense of being "without strength."

Bah, I've already got mine, screw'em!

-mC
Old 09-22-2006, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have heard the xD has the face of the tC "with an underbite"! Ihope hope there are official pictures soon -- I feel like a kid waiting for Chistmas to come.
Howard in Gilroy Ca.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xA troubles...

I love my xA... it's a great little car.. just dropped it 2" with tanabe DF210s.. awesome!

This is my issue with the xA - not with the car itself.. not with how it is marketed.. but with how it is displayed at dealerships. I saw potential with the xA to be a sporty little hatch.. similar to a civic hatch or a focus hatch... it could be racy and fun looking... and while they made the xA look as such in advertisments and magazine renderings - they never LOOKED like that on the showroom floor!

Imagine an xA .. slammed to the ground .. all tricked out sitting on the showroom floor.. people would gobble them up... but no.. its rather conservative looking until you do something to it... a bit plain and echo-ish.. it takes an artistic eye to see the potential... I think the xB's appeal for customization is a bit more obvious, and the tC is sporty looking..

I disagree with toyota's decision... I think the interior could be a little more refined like you see in the Yaris... its a little plasticy and cheesy... but it is a cheap car... It looks like more thought went into the Honda Fit's interior.

It takes aftermarket parts to make the xA look sporty.. if they did it right in front of your eyes... 'stock' I think it would sell better...

Ditching the xB just doesn't make sense... it's a hot seller... and I don't agree that scion will lose its 'youth appeal' if it has more than 3 vehicles at once.. that's just insane.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: xA troubles...

Originally Posted by importscout
I love my xA... it's a great little car.. just dropped it 2" with tanabe DF210s.. awesome!

This is my issue with the xA - not with the car itself.. not with how it is marketed.. but with how it is displayed at dealerships. I saw potential with the xA to be a sporty little hatch.. similar to a civic hatch or a focus hatch... it could be racy and fun looking... and while they made the xA look as such in advertisments and magazine renderings - they never LOOKED like that on the showroom floor!

i went to the LA county fair, and toyota had a really nice display of all their models. the scions were there too, but stuck in the far back corner, like bastard stepchildren. i wasnt surprised.

they had the yaris hatch and sedan there, near the front. all the cars had the "power package" and 15" wheels, stuff the scions have standard. the sedan stickered over $15k, and the 2dr hatch over $13k with the same stuff the scions have STANDARD. the only "semi-trick" thing about the 2dr hatch was the sliding/reclining rear seat. i wonder if the hardware is adaptable to the rear seat in the xA???

it was interesting comparing the xA to the matrix. it really seems like a smaller version of one. and about $5k less...

Imagine an xA .. slammed to the ground .. all tricked out sitting on the showroom floor.. people would gobble them up... but no.. its rather conservative looking until you do something to it... a bit plain and echo-ish.. it takes an artistic eye to see the potential... I think the xB's appeal for customization is a bit more obvious, and the tC is sporty looking..

I disagree with toyota's decision... I think the interior could be a little more refined like you see in the Yaris... its a little plasticy and cheesy... but it is a cheap car... It looks like more thought went into the Honda Fit's interior.

i dont really think the xA interior is that cheesy. they use a lot of different textures and materials, compared to something like a daewoo aveo. if anything, the yaris interior seems to be less thought out and more downmarket.

and the fit is nice, but not $4000 nicer than an xA.

It takes aftermarket parts to make the xA look sporty.. if they did it right in front of your eyes... 'stock' I think it would sell better...

Ditching the xB just doesn't make sense... it's a hot seller... and I don't agree that scion will lose its 'youth appeal' if it has more than 3 vehicles at once.. that's just insane.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I checked out the Yaris at several dealers and every sales guy told me the same thing. Same company, same engine, whaever is standard in the xA is extra on the Yaris, plus xA is four door and yaris is two door. Price is about the same once all accessories are put in. Each one of them said you cannot go wrong with the xA. Safe to say after two months, very happy with the car. glad did not buy the Yaris.