Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Pursuit Add On Security Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pursuit Add On Security Upgrade?

Hi, I am going to be finally receiving my xd this month and was looking at my dealer's xd options.

In their after market parts section for the xD, they had this:
"PURSUIT ADD ON ALARM UPGRADE #PR09233" for $199.00

Does anyone know much about this pursuit alarm? Is it worth it? They also have others,
PURSUIT 4 BUTTON KEYLESS ENTRY, REMOTE START & SECURITY #PR09776 for $299.00
and one with shock sensor for $399.00

Also have a lojack basic kit for $695.00

Is any of this stuff really worth it?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the keyless entry and alarm without the remote start. It's decent for the money and it gives a break on the insurance, but honestly I would rather have gotten an aftermarket alarm system. Don't get me wrong, its some peace of mine knowing I have an alarm, but for the $500 I paid its not worth it when there are better systems out there for just a few hundred more.

Then again it was financed and I didn't have to pay out of pocket.

No idea what the "pursuit add on alarm upgrade" is. It's probably something the dealer has from a 3rd party that they just add on. Why not ask them? Also, hold off on Lojack because I think you can get that cheaper aftermarket as well.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they have aftermarket parts and pursuit car alarms is one they offer. the lojack kit is also supposedly aftermarket as well, but I'm sure there are better deals out there.

I am not going to buy scion security.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member

I wouldn't buy the Scion Security, it's very basic and does NOT have any form of glass detection.

The Pursuit System however is awesome! I HIGHLY recommend it. From what I understand not all dealerships offer it. It is installed by a third party however if you get it through the dealership it is covered under the warranty and of course you get the option of rolling the price into your monthly payments.

I went all out on my alarm. I got the Pursuit System with the Remote Start, Remote Window Control (ie: rolling windows up and down) and the shock sensor.

I don't think people really know how cool the system really is (including the salesmen).

Here are two pictures of the remote:

I put a screen protector on the remote, that's why the screen looks a little funky.

Anyway, it's a two way system that goes over 1,000 feet (I really did test it, outside and inside a building). The cool thing about this is if my alarm goes off but I'm to far away to hear it, the remote will light up and make noise and show what part of the car was triggered (ie: hood, glass, doors, or hatch).

As I said, I also got the remote start. Which of course allows me to start the car and let the A/C cool the car off (or if I lived in the cold, heat the car up) for a minute or two before I get in. The cool thing about the pursuit system vs. the normal toyota remote start is that the car doesn't shut off when you unlock it. Many people ask what prevents people from stealing the car if I start it and then unlock the doors while it's still running. The way the pursuit system works is if you step on the break without the key in the starter it will shut off. So you can't put the car in gear without the key.

The system has so many more undocumented features too. If you leave for work around the same time everyday, you can set the remote start to automatically start the car at the same time every morning so it's warm/cool and waiting for you. If you live in the cold you can set the car to start and warm itself to keep fluids from freezing if the temperature reaches below a programmable point. By pressing the two top/side buttons you can check the internal temperature of the car. The list goes on and on with programmable sounds and options.

So, yeah... highly recommend it if your dealer offers it.