10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion xD Scores Last In Euro NCAP Compact Crash Test

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/sci...ct-crash-test/
Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't look too bad to me...then again, the fact that the xD has an all-wheel-drive option in Europe was a lot more interesting
Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I disagree. The wreck I had was nasty back on New Year's Day in my xD. Crushed all over from impacts and rollover. Inside, you couldn't tell it was damaged except the spidered windshield.

Hobo, i have noticed something. You joined early last year, yet you have only recently started really posting, and all your posts seem to have the negative connotation behind them to someone or something. If you dislike scion or these forums, please, just stop now.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
I disagree. The wreck I had was nasty back on New Year's Day in my xD. Crushed all over from impacts and rollover. Inside, you couldn't tell it was damaged except the spidered windshield.

Hobo, i have noticed something. You joined early last year, yet you have only recently started really posting, and all your posts seem to have the negative connotation behind them to someone or something. If you dislike scion or these forums, please, just stop now.
You are delusional. If you have a problem with my posts then cry to the mods again (or learn how to ignore people).
I didn't write the article I posted a link to. This forum is about Scions, the good and the bad. It's not about blowing smoke up peoples a$$ like trying to convince people they have a 5 speed automatic. LOL.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ohcrap
Didn't look too bad to me...then again, the fact that the xD has an all-wheel-drive option in Europe was a lot more interesting
actually, the Toyota ist has AWD as an optional in the Japanese Market. It just that we will never see it here.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hobo, i never "cried to the mods". I have never reported any of your posts, but it just seems the common connotation of your posts are in the negative range.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hobo, i never "cried to the mods". I have never reported any of your posts, but it just seems the common connotation of your posts are in the negative range.
There are positives and negatives about the XD. I've commented on both and will continue to do so. This forum doesn't revolve around you or any other single person. If you want to live in a fantasy world where the XD is perfect then learn how to ignore my posts.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I noticed the same thing, but wasn't going to say anything..but srsly, go put some ointment on that butt hurt you have hobo. It ain't helping anybody.

Sent from my Droid
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Totally different note, did anybody else see the test car had 4 wheel disc brakes! Sweet, I wonder what the part # on that is. Crumby that's not a factory option here.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hobojon
There are positives and negatives about the XD. I've commented on both and will continue to do so. This forum doesn't revolve around you or any other single person. If you want to live in a fantasy world where the XD is perfect then learn how to ignore my posts.

Never said it was perfect. I know it has it's flaws. But the general content of your posts is in the negative towards people or scion. I'm guessing you are either a) displeased with your scion, b) a s__t stirrer, or c)just a general a___ole who wants to just start s__t with people.

perhaps d)... all of the above.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have a problem, report it to the mods. I'm not going anywhere so you are better off just ignoring me or get thicker skin. Seriously, you guys are acting like little girls because I posted this link. Get over it. I bought the XD for my wife because I thought it was a safe, dependable car. It is of concern to me that it got the worst crash ratings possible in this test, even worse than an Opel, Peugot and the Chevy Spark which is actually a Daewoo. That is crazy. If you want to live in a dream world where the XD is perfect then stay off of this forum. To insult me and call me names because this car is rated as a turd in Europe is juvenile.

Last edited by hobojon; 07-19-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Scion_xD/Safety/

Sent from my Droid
Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^

U.S.News Scores

Overall:7.9Performance:7.2Exterior:7.7Interior:7.2Safety:NAReliability:6.0

The insurance industry hasn't yet had a chance to test the 2010 Scion xD, but it awarded the 2009 model top scores of "Good" for passenger safety in both side and rear impact collisions. The 2009 model also received a rating of "Acceptable" for passenger safety in front-end impact crashes, which isn't as impressive as the top score but is average for the class.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you want for 15 grand? Go buy her a more expensive make if you're that worried. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my Droid
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobaltbravo
What do you want for 15 grand? Go buy her a more expensive make if you're that worried. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my Droid
You get what you pay for?
Flawed logic since the compact cars that tested better (all of them lol) are actually cheaper than the XD.

Seriously, I posted the link in this thread to open up a discussion about the article. I didn't expect a bunch of cry babies to pop up, call me names, and basicly say go buy a better car. What a joke.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
SL Member

so why did you buy a xD for your wife? What do you drive?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDdub
so why did you buy a xD for your wife? What do you drive?
I could drive a KIA or a Rolls Royce and it wouldn't change the results of the crash test I posted a link to. What is your point?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the point is letting let the person who owns the xd or scion on the site.
the last thing we need is someone who doesnt or didnt own one spamming with majority of negative threads
Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
the point is letting let the person who owns the xd or scion on the site.
the last thing we need is someone who doesnt or didnt own one spamming with majority of negative threads
That's funny. When did you determine that you get to decide what this forum needs or doesn't need?
I've posted positive links to safety and reliability articles about the XD.
I"ve also posted negative. So what. You only want to read positive things and posts about how someone found a bobblehead or matchbox car that matches the color of their XD?

Instead of attacking me, attack the validity of the article.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 AM
SL Member

u offered negative posts... how bout some more positive ones? =]

Quick Reply: Scion xD Scores Last In Euro NCAP Compact Crash Test