2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Thinking about trading in for RS1.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

Default Thinking about trading in for RS1.0

Hey guys, I've been thinking about trading in my 05 FM tC for a new RS1.0 xD. What are your thoughts? I have quite a few mods now, some I can transfer over like my sound system, others I'll have to sell. Only think I think I'll miss will be the power.

I was thinking about waiting until the new tC model comes out.... but I think I'm ready for a change now and I've always loved the Hot Lava color ever since the xB RS 1.0.

Has anyone else traded in their tC for the xD and had any regrets? Just looking for opinions....

Thanks!

Wick
Old 07-06-2008, 05:19 AM

I was gonna get a Scion xD. Great little cars... but I went for the mini instead.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone actually traded their tC in for the xD and they love the new car

Test drive the xD and see how you like it compared to your tC. The tC is so played out in my opinion. If you have aftermarket wheels you can switch those with the xD as well.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do it! lol

Seriously, there's a bit of HP difference so that's gonna take some getting used to but I think you'll find the xD is still quite peppy (go with manual, duh!). Again, go for a test drive.

Add in new springs, a sway bar and some decent rubber and you've got a mini-like feeling for less money (with two more doors to boot). Mini also prefers premium fuel.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded in my xA for the RS 1 mainly because of the Hot Lava, love the color. I love the car, and like Chels said, you can use your rims off your tC.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

I have a set of 18" G-games in grey... same ones that were on the 5-axis tC. I think they would look pretty sick on the hot lava.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

I'll get a price on Monday and let you all know what I decide.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay!

The MINI is a good car, but thats pretty expensive compared to an xD. I would love to have a MINI but.. I like having a lot of room lol.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Yay!

The MINI is a good car, but thats pretty expensive compared to an xD. I would love to have a MINI but.. I like having a lot of room lol.
trye... but also the RS 1.0 series costs 18k... the mini cooper base model costs 18,050... their resale value is awesome too. Hah... I almost bought an rs1.0 scion xd (it truly is a great car) but in the end I liked the looks of the mini better... and the ride.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I test drove an auto xD with my g/f and was actually pretty surprised at how nice it was. It didn't have huge ***** or anything, but it was no slouch. And I think a manual would have been even more impressive.

Would I trade my tC for one? Very unlikely.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMHO, you will miss the power eventually. When I went from the tC to xB, I was happy for about a year. Then I got to the point where I got ____ed off all the time due to lack of power... stick with the tC. You will regret switching if you go with a less powerful car than what you have now.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

Interesting mix of opinions.... turns out with my trade in payments would be 150ish a month. I still have yet to test drive it.... dealer is sold out and hasn't been allocated any due to our slack ___ DM. So I'll ask my friend if I can borrow hers.

I just switched jobs so I think after I get my first check and see what I can afford I'll make my decision. Its nice not having a car payment now...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Take a look at the reliability of the mini.

The mini has below average long-termreliability ratings universally.

Take a look at Consumer Reports.

Based on friends' experience with the mini - I wouldn't consider it. I could afford the upkeep, but I am too old to want that hassle.

Give me a Toyota or Honda every time... They just work.

Originally Posted by JulianPyke
Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Yay!

trye... but also the RS 1.0 series costs 18k... the mini cooper base model costs 18,050... their resale value is awesome too. Hah... I almost bought an rs1.0 scion xd (it truly is a great car) but in the end I liked the looks of the mini better... and the ride.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 AM
SL Member

I drove the new Hot Lava edition the other day. The suspension was a bit tight for what I needed but a very nice handeling/riding car just the same.

Don't worry about the power. you can always add a power adder later to increas the HP if you really want to?

But who buys an XD or B for speed? Just doesn't make sense to me

They're not rallye cars or drifters and they'll never win a 1/4 mile contest or road course. They're fun little trucks to drive and be able to take friends with you, but as with the B models, very much a "niche" market vehicle....I love it!!

I needed a work vehicle that I could do 100-300+ miles a day in and not feel like I've had my butt kicked when I got home, and wouldn't eat me out of house and home in fuel costs. Had to have room, be easy to get in and out of and have some degree of reliability.
I wasn't all that concerned about the looks...but dang if it didn't grow on me!
The stocker fit the bill very nicely, but that Special Edition was very cool!

Go for it...sometimes change is good