Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Owner's Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-owners-lounge-1769/)
-   -   Wanted Features For The 2009 XD (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-owners-lounge-1769/wanted-features-2009-xd-130144/)

j_miz_e 03-07-2008 03:42 PM

Wanted Features For The 2009 XD

zeta already has the armrest available and scion is having one come out within the next couple of months. the only thing i could think of would be a seat height adjuster. it would be nice to be able to lower the seat a little bit more cause the seat it a little high.

elwaylite 03-07-2008 04:09 PM

id like to see the overhead compartment be standard.

caroline 03-07-2008 08:23 PM

the only option I really would like to see scion add is heated seats...my boyfriend's toyota has em and its really nice.

SanchezHacker 03-07-2008 08:24 PM

I'd like to see Scion start including the in-cabin air filters with their cars instead of just leaving it out, it costs so little to make that I doubt it would be much of a loss for them. Also, I wish they would put some extra controls on the right side of the steering wheel, not sure what but something. And last, all scions need to come with a service/repair manual, that way we can mod our cars without having to worry about breaking anything.

Anyways, can't wait for the 09's to come out.

elwaylite 03-07-2008 08:32 PM

I agree about the steering wheel, id rather see the cruise controls on the wheel than that side thingy.

So the scion has a slot for an ac cabin filter but does not come with a filter to save cost?

UnTouChbLe_D 03-07-2008 08:37 PM

drivers seat, like the tC u can lower it or make it higher...

SanchezHacker 03-07-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by elwaylite
So the scion has a slot for an ac cabin filter but does not come with a filter to save cost?

Yeah, Scion leaves out the air filter for whatever reason. It's $15 at autozone, so not sure why they wouldn't put one in there from the start.

elwaylite 03-07-2008 09:24 PM

strange.

vfrjim 03-07-2008 11:39 PM

fog lights & HIDS

ChelsDS 03-08-2008 01:32 AM

Standard features I would love to see either fogs or pre-wiring, armrest, the option to have the doors lock over a certain mph or when shifting gears, ashtray/trash bin, and.. something else I can't think of.

Originally Posted by caroline
the only option I really would like to see scion add is heated seats...my boyfriend's toyota has em and its really nice.

That would bump the xD out of the price range it's in. If you want heated seats get a different car.

- - -

As far as the filter goes you can buy a regular filter from Home Depot, just pick one that looks similar to the ones you buy from Toyota or Autozone/Pepboys and cut it to fit. I did that for.. maybe $8 and I get 3 out of one filter. That reminds me I need to change it lol.

JDMJim 03-08-2008 02:53 AM

the Cruise control is a Toyota marque. they patented that and that's how it will be. the cabin filter is weird not to have. no big deal, I just make my own. so rather than complain about it, do something about it. be creative. One xD I checked out had heated seats added. So it can be done. they were also leather. Look close enough on the dash panel to the right of the speedo and there is an icon for foglights. no doubt from the JDM Ist as it IS an option there. The seat is a strange height to. I'm gonna once again try to be creative and do the washer thingy like the guys did on the xB1 and add them under the front seat mounts. should do the trick. Otherwise, I like the car the way it is. TRD suspension and all.

gavmitchau 03-12-2008 11:38 AM

Outside Temperature display

simplyred 03-12-2008 01:29 PM

take the dip in the roof line and install a sunroof like the nissan maximas!!! that would be a perfect fit.

Phyre76 03-15-2008 04:08 AM

There is just so much to think about, at the same time keep the costs down. There is little much one can think of. Here is MY list.
Knee Airbag
Standard VSC & TRAC
Seat Adjuster
Engine Immobilizer
Rear Disc Brakes
Color changing Dash Gauge LED
Digital display
Standard Bluetooth
Center channel speaker, a lot cheaper than a sub.
a rear ported sub or speakers for the upper rear pillars
Floors like the FJ (I think this should be in all Scions)
HID projectors
Powder Coated Steel Mesh Grills (tC RS 1.0)
Tune the Engine to the same specks as the 09 Corolla!
-The 2009 corolla is a heavier car, has more power and better economy. The xD should have better EPA ratings. and the additional power will make it more appealing!
Corolla vs Scion xD
132HP vs 128HP @ 6000rpms
128lbs vs 125lbs/ft torque @ 4400rpm
2822# vs 2668# curb weight (automatic)
27/35/31 vs 26/32/29 EPA
Does this make any sense?
Keeping Corolla Specs should effectively increase the overall appeal of the xD.
ooh ooh and a hood scoop and change the hood. The hood makes it look too much like the Toyota. I like the tC and xB with the Logo in the front grill. So the grill will also have to be enlarged.

j_miz_e 04-20-2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by UnTouChbLe_D
drivers seat, like the tC u can lower it or make it higher...

yes....if you could lower the seat just a few inches that would make a world of difference. i think its within reason to ask for a seat height adjuster and an arm rest for the 09 model year. hopefully they will do that cause headroom is seriously lacking for taller people. other then that its a great car

8)

tmrepp 04-20-2008 04:09 PM

Arm rest, height-adjustable seat, factory fog light option (or at least the damn wiring), that's about all that should REALLY be available.

edit: forgot about the rear discs, I wish it came with the xD. It doesn't need them at all, but as far as servicing it and looks, I'd rather have 4 wheel disc brakes. Especially since I do all my own work for the most part.

Zefoxe 04-20-2008 05:35 PM

Fog Lights, Rear Disc Brakes, and Waterproof seats like the Honda Element. TRD Option LSD ( wtf does xB get one when its so heavy and a non racer type car whereas the xD is more agile and weighs less then a mini cooper? :\ ) Thats all I could really ask for from toyota, the rest would be aftermarket stuff

ChelsDS 04-20-2008 06:32 PM

Actually if you think about it, you'll probably have to wait for the 2010 model for anything major to be changed or to be added. :(

Garage1217 04-20-2008 08:19 PM

I just would like oe rear disk brakes. Drums are retarded to put on a 5 lug car with such a minimal price difference.

pickledchang 04-20-2008 09:46 PM

variable intermittent wipers , HIDS, fogs, rear discs.