2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Why is it hard to get Scion xD ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
^^^ To go along with that, there will be some delivery delays in the PA/East Coast Area due to the carrier going out of business. They have about 10 carriers trying to pick up the volume. But if there are 1500 cars to ship a day, they're only able to handle 1000. So they fall behind more every day. TLS (Toyota Logistics Services) is working diligently to find other carriers.
I know with the dealership I work at they told us our scions were under about 1000 crates So like he said if your scion was in the port it could have got buried and it will just take some time for them to get it dug out. Hell we still havent got the release series to our lot yet >.<

Right now we are looking at the following waits

Scion 2-4 weeks
Corolla 2-4 Weeks
Yaris 2-4 weeks
Prius 6 months-12 months

Dunno how other dealers are in other parts of the country
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Pirate
It depends on why you bouoght it?

If it was soley for fuel economy, then you're probably not going to be happy.

If it was for looks, mod potential, etc, etc, you'll love it!!

I really preferred the XB over the XD in many categories including interior room, comfort, quiet ride and appointments. It was quite peppy as well for a box!

But I needed the best fuel economy I could get while still maintaining a modicum of comfort, reliability and overall functionality (is that a word?).

The XB just didn't deliver in teh fuel use category

After a ton of research, I decided on the XD.
I told the sales person that I didn't care what color it was unless it was PINK. Then I'd have to draw the line

I ended up with a magnetic gray metallic which I absolutely love. And if you're not going to keep her clean, they you'd like it too....doesn't show daily dust and dirt so bad.

Congratulations on your purchase. Chances are, you're going to love it!

Never even had a chance to test drive xD. So I can't compare it to xB I got.
But you're right, the fuel economy is not that impressive (It's still okay for me though, considering it's 2.4 liter).

The ride ? I'm impressed. It's really fun to drive.
I think I have fallen for it.....

Have a great Scion day...........
Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CharlieChaos
Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
^^^ To go along with that, there will be some delivery delays in the PA/East Coast Area due to the carrier going out of business. They have about 10 carriers trying to pick up the volume. But if there are 1500 cars to ship a day, they're only able to handle 1000. So they fall behind more every day. TLS (Toyota Logistics Services) is working diligently to find other carriers.
I know with the dealership I work at they told us our scions were under about 1000 crates So like he said if your scion was in the port it could have got buried and it will just take some time for them to get it dug out. Hell we still havent got the release series to our lot yet >.<

Right now we are looking at the following waits

Scion 2-4 weeks
Corolla 2-4 Weeks
Yaris 2-4 weeks
Prius 6 months-12 months

Dunno how other dealers are in other parts of the country

WOW the Prius will take 6-12 months!?!?! WOW
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put a deposit down for my xD a week ago (7 days) and it feels like I've already waited FOREVER... can't imagine waiting 6 months for a car. 4 weeks is going to kill me.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
SL Member

If anyone's interested, one of the sales ladies that I was dealing with just e-mailed me that they have a Nautical Blue XD that just came in.
$17,763.00

If you're interested here's her contact number:

This Scion XD just arrived at our dealership. Are you still interested in
this car? Please give me a call to schedule an appointment at 813-763-7272.
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Caryl
813-763-7272
Last nmber is her cell.

There's also a Hot Lave SE that just arrived at another dealership here in Tampa. I can put you in touch with that sales person as well if you're interested?

Not sure why other areas are having such a hard time getting XD's but they're popping up all over here[/quote]
Old 07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hokie-xD
cdyerkes, just saw your post..........arranged to purchase my 08 xD on July 5. Dealer already had color/tranny that I wanted on order and the car was just sitting at the port in NJ requiring no port installed items and only awaiting a ride to VA. Car is now scheduled to arrive 7-21.

My dealer said 09s may not be arriving at his dealership until September and most of their xDs are presold. The RS1 they had lasted one day on the lot before being snatched up.

My preference would have been to wait until the 09s were here but since I will probably keep this car for 10 or more years the difference in resale value between a 10 year old or 9 year old xD will probably be minimal.
I ordered mine in June.

My dealer expects them to come in around that same time as well. Hope you hear some good news soon.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

1 Week isn't a long time to wait for a car that you're trying to buy that isn't on the lot. I put money down on my 05 IIP tC on 2/18/05, I picked up the car 4/21/05.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
1 Week isn't a long time to wait for a car that you're trying to buy that isn't on the lot. I put money down on my 05 IIP tC on 2/18/05, I picked up the car 4/21/05.
They say 6-8 weeks on the site if you are ordering a custom one (like rs 1). My initial delivery estimate was a couple weeks so I was happy. Then it got moved way back...and now it looks like it will actually be the original 6-8 week estimate for my car to finally come in
Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure why other areas are having such a hard time getting XD's but they're popping up all over here
Manuals are much harder to come by than automatics.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I was quoted 4-6 weeks for my 08 SW when I called a dealership, and that was because the dealer would have ordered it from Scion and had it shipped over. Since I was car-less, I went elsewhere and found a dealer that could get me it within 1-2 weeks, and they did. I'm not sure what the statistics are right now, but back when I bought my 05, the average lifespan of a Scion on a dealer lot, was 4 days. Which translated to the fastest selling car in the country. It was in a NY Times article, and they showed the average time SUVs spent on lots also, and some were 70-90 days .

Originally Posted by sodo_moj0
Not sure why other areas are having such a hard time getting XD's but they're popping up all over here
Especially manuals in a specific, low quantity color.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Especially manuals in a specific, low quantity color.
flipping blue. I'd take a black or gray one. Argh.

And did I mention WHOA on the average days on lot figure?!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i went to my buddy to get my xd from the dealer,
he said it was really hard to get xds cuz it sells pretty much as it hits the land and the dealers are having hard time geting it deliverd....esp. lavas. he sold like 2 of those and was supposed to arrive last month but didn't yet.

my car just went over 1500mi and asked the dealer how muc hthe car is worth and they said $14500, and i thought it was pretty decent number! should i sell it?? haha i want another tC!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i wanted dark grey, cound't get'em.
so i wanted black, there was none.
so i got white but i'm fine with it...haha i like white cars
Old 07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
SL Member

I agree, but we seem to have a lot of those around here as well?

Maybe it's a southern thing, you know, making up for not having snow or something
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It isn't a southern thing. They are nowhere to be found around here. They are impossible to come by.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:54 PM
SL Member

If you go to cars.com and do a search for "all", it comes back with 716 new Scion xD's for sale all across the country. The first 2 are questionable.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:15 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by oboogie
It isn't a southern thing. They are nowhere to be found around here. They are impossible to come by.
Now you sound like a car salesman OMG! We can't get them! They dissapear as soon as they arrive! They're the hottest thing on the market...!!!

Seriously. Do what the previous poster suggested and search. They may not be where you are, but most places can do a dealer swap and get you one from elsewhere.

Hell...I posted the name and contact number for a dealer right here (and I can give you 2-3 more in this area) that have them or can get them fairly quickly. you'll get the same BS, but the fact is, they are pure priced and that won't change (unlike the Prius where the stealerships can jack them up as far as the suckers, I mean the market, will allow ).

You might have to travel or have it shipped up, but you CAN get them.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not a problem where i live..... the new lava one just sitting there waiting for a taker
Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonmach12
not a problem where i live..... the new lava one just sitting there waiting for a taker
Same here. As of yesterday there were 2 of them just sitting on different lots....waiting....
Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are 7 scion dealerships within 100 miles of where I live here... there are two automatic xd's - one silver, one black - available.

talked to the dealer yesterday and they have a blue 08 xd manual coming in the next week or two (confirmed yesterday)..... and its mine.

Quick Reply: Why is it hard to get Scion xD ?