Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2008 xD Rear Hub ABS sensor wire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2008 xD Rear Hub ABS sensor wire?

Hello. Like several others here on this forum, I have trouble with the ABS system on my 08 xD. Advance Auto said there are 2 codes on my car. One just says right rear speed sensor, and the other says "Foreign object in speed sensor."

So, I don't have a lot of cash right now, or I would replace both rear hub assy's, since that seems to be the best solution for most folks, according to what I have read. But I need to wait till summer, when personal cash flow is better.

Thus I wanted to try the suggestions I have seen here about disconnecting the plug on the back, cleaning the connectors, applying dielectric grease, and reassembling. But due to the obscured position of this thing, I cannot tell what holds that plug connection together
(AND due to my weak old-man eyes and stiff muscles that won't let me crawl up in there very far. LOL). I sure don't want to break anything.

Is there a clip or a snap which I must depress? Top, bottom, sides? Or do I just pull it straight out?

I will really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.

LUMP

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-15-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator