Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tanabe DF210's

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats good , im about to slap mines this weekend lol
Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since this is about DF's, I figured anyone who doesn't have them yet might be interseted. I'm thinking about taking my DF's off and I'm trying to gauge how many people would be interested.

I'd sell them for 150- they have about 700 - 800 miles on em (cant really remember the exact but 800 is the most.) and most of it is freeway (if that matters to anyone.)

anybody interested PM me, and maybe we can set it up
Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a set of NF210's on craigs list for $90. And I will be selling my DF's along with my TRD struts for about $300 OBO
Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
SL Member

So what are you guys planning to do instead, trying another brand of lowering springs, coilovers, bags, go back to stock?? don't like the ride or don't like the look? hmmm...

and uh, DF's for $150 is not much of a bargain used when you can buy them new for that price... even if they're slightly used, they're used none the less...

oh well, my lowering plans have pretty much been put on hold, I just lost my job on Friday, so kiss ALL my mods goodbye for awhile... Ironically, I had just recently purchased a $600 set of new wheels and they arrived at my house the day I was laid off. crap.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually you can't buy xD springs new for 150. Cheapest sells them for 180 (as i've been quoted).....the springs that sell for 150 are for the Yaris. I wouldn't trust putting yaris springs on an xD, which is heavier....(and yes...i've been called out on this fact countless times). But I stand by my word. maybe ill think about lowering it to about 130, and the mileage on them is relatively small....

anyway, I'm going back to stock....im planning on getting rid the xD so I figure I'll get more money from it by keeping it stock, and at least i can make SOME money back by selling off my springs.

really sorry to hear about your job :\....i truly hope you can find a new one soon. best of luck
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Tanabe DF210's

Originally Posted by austin503k
I am planning on buying these as my next mod and was just wondering how they affect ride quality if anyone can help me out.

thanks,
Austin
Ok here is my experience with springs so far,

When I first purchased my xb2 it came with some TRD springs, I loved them but thought they were a little too high still, even though they were lowering springs…. The ride quality was good not bad, I guess this goes hand in hand with what type of tires/wheels your running, in my case I have 19” wheels with a 235/35 tire(TRD’). After some thought and helpful advice, I decided to go lower I was looking for a more aggressive stance.

I purchased some Sprint Performance Springs, these gave me a 2.0 drop all around, it looked great the front was pretty clean the front tires actually tucked in slightly. I was not too impressed with the rear look. The ride was a bit harsher than I anticipated, I felt that S.S. needed a bit more RND in regards to their springs for the 2nd gen, these looked exactly like the 1st gen xB but just thicker. I loved the drop but just decided I was not going to sacrifice ride quality too much, especially since I’m driving 50 miles a day (round trip).

So after 500 miles on the Sprints I purchased some Tanabe DF’s. I wanted to continue to have the aggressive drop. I also heard that ride quality was nice. I also liked that the rear drop which was slightly lower it definitely gave it a more balance drop. After I finish installing them, I will never forget my test drive…it was like rolling on grass, it was so smooth and comfortable I could not believe! It was almost deceiving , I did not feel like my car was so low to the ground, the turning was great (I do have sway bar and strut bars installed). I would dare to say that these felt better than my TRD’s!! I’m extremely happy with the DF’s they gave me that ride height that I was looking for and the comfort that I desired for my daily commute.

In conclusion it’s really up to you and what future plans you have for your ride, regardless you cannot go wrong with Tanabe’s either the DF’s or NF’s, Just ask yourself “what kind of ride Height, am I desiring?”, another thing to consider is your wheels and if you will be placing any lip kits on ride….

For me my next venture is coil-over’s, probably should have went with them first, but I didn’t have the same plans for my ride before…TO BE CONTINUE…
Old 03-05-2009, 03:34 AM
SL Member

Thanks Digon - good to know the Tanabe have a much better ride than the Sprint - I kinda thought the Sprint springs were gonna be a bit stiffer ride, but it sounds like it's actually quite a bit more...

Has anyone else tried more than one brand of spring and noticed a difference they can tell us about? That would help out others in making a choice, for sure...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
actually you can't buy xD springs new for 150. Cheapest sells them for 180 (as i've been quoted).....the springs that sell for 150 are for the Yaris. I wouldn't trust putting yaris springs on an xD, which is heavier....(and yes...i've been called out on this fact countless times).
OK... Well yes, the curb weight for the xD is 330 pounds heavier than the Yaris in the 5-speed models, 2625 lbs xD, 2295 lbs Yaris. But, the Tanabe website itself lists the exact same part number (TDF121) for DF210s for both the xD and the Yaris, with the exact same spring rates (3.0 front, 2.2 rear) for both vehicles. The retail price listed is also $200 for both vehicles. The only difference I see is that the listed drop is .3 inches lower both front and rear for the xD (1.6/1.8 Yaris, 1.9/2.2 xD) which would just be due to the added weight of the xD, rather than a different set of springs. So I'm just curious where you're getting your information that the DF210's for the Yaris are different or cheaper than the springs for the xD, when Tanabe themselves specifies the same part number for both vehicles on their website.

The cheapest price I have found online for a new set of Tanabe Spings with part number TDF121 is $140, and yes, they are listed for the Yaris, but if they really are the exact same spring as for the xD, then it would actually be the same price for the xD as well... That's just my line of reasoning...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i stated that i wouldnt trust putting yaris springs on my car i wasn't talking about DF's NF's /tanabes.....obviously that isnt apparent in my post because i didnt seperate nor specifiy it....but yes....i know its the same part number etc...

my idea was more of putting something like coilovers from a yaris on an xD because those are calibrated to specific weights and distributions to work and function for the vehicle...BUT enough justifying myself...it was my mistake to word it so poorly so w/e

and if the cheapest you found em for is 140 then ill sell them for 140. if you want them for 140 i'd gladly sell it to you...
Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
SL Member

no, no, sorry for the wrong impression, TRDxD, I wasn't trying to coerce you to lower the price so I could buy them from you - I just got laid off from work last week so I have no money to do ANY mods right now... I was just pointing out the current pricing strictly on the DF210's for you, thinking you may have a little difficulty selling your set used for the price you were asking... I meant it as just trying to help out... and, the research I did on this will also help me in making a decision down the road once I am gainfully employed again!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its np! I'm sure most people are pretty crunched for money so if and when you decide to buy DF's . I'm probably going to be uninstalling them relatively soon, and maybe we can work something out down the road? that is, if you wouldnt mind a used pair. keep it in mind and when youre ready, let me know!

i really hope you can find a job...its getting pretty scary out there right now..best of luck
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
SL Member

yeah, thanks - I'm ok for now, guess the panic hasn't really sunk in yet... I'll start to really worry in about 4 or 5 months from now when all my money runs out and I have to sell the house or foreclose...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the DF210's with 18x8 +45 offset wheels and the 5axis lip kit.
There are no rubbing issues with that setup, been running that for close to a year with no problems.
Also, the ride is surprisingly comfortable with lowering that much. Could even say better ride than stock, plus didn't even need alignment.
DF's are the way to go if you want it low.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just got the DF210's on Wed and I love em. I'm tucking the rear and have a 18x7 with a +35 offset with no rubbing. Oh they ride much better than the TRD's did.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 AM

Let me get this straight, so the DF is 1/2 inch lower than a trd? And the NF is a "lil" lower? About how much?
I have the TRD springs right now but I want something lower, my rims is about 18x7 with 38+ offset I think 225/40.

Also Cuball, are you still selling that springs and TRD struts, if so can you show me some pics? I'm interested ^_^

Thanks fellas!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have it backwards. Here are the drops.

NF210 Front 1.4 Rear 1.8

DF210 Front 1.8 Rear 2.2

I Think the TRD's are 1.1 and 1.4, but I dont know for sure.

Yes, I just finished up my Ksport coilovers, so my TRD struts and the DF210's will be up for sale soon. I will get some pic's and have it all posted up on the classified section of this web site by tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:54 AM

oooo ic.. thanks alot cuball. im def gettin the DF210's. by what i learned, i wont have any rubbing issues with my current setup.

thanks again!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you running the TRD 18's with the Proxie 4's? If so That is the same setup I have. I had no problems with rubbing.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 AM

nah, i have the Sportmax SSR-962's the rim spec is 18/7.5 with a 38 offset.

my tire is 225/40z/18

just want to make sure that a DF210 is suitable for my setup.

thanks again cuball
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rjeezy
nah, i have the Sportmax SSR-962's the rim spec is 18/7.5 with a 38 offset.

my tire is 225/40z/18

just want to make sure that a DF210 is suitable for my setup.

thanks again cuball
You'll be fine, I know someone with an xd with the same setup. no issues!

Quick Reply: Tanabe DF210's