Notices

HP Racing Blitz Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member

Default HP Racing Blitz Wheels

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Scion xD last november and have been lurking around here for awhile reading up on things. I am new to aftermarket parts on cars but am very interested in spending some money on this little car which I've already grown to like a lot.

Long story short, I'm want to start by changing out my steel wheels for some nicer wheels. My xD is white and I love the look of bronze wheels on that color.

The wheels I really liked, for my budget, were the HP Racing Blitz Bronze wheels, but it appears I missed the wagon by a little as I guess since the company is out of business or such. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any comparable wheels that are still around today.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

First off, "officially" welcome to the ScionLife community.

As for your question on that specific wheel style, it's one that I'm personally a fan of. It's a pretty popular one and looks good on a lot of different vehicles.
Of course we all know opinions are like butts... everybody's got one.

With your xD being white, there are a number of wheel colors, including the "bronze color family" that would look good on it.
To find the ones you want I'd suggest just do a web search for that style until you come across the right one for you. There are a number of tire/wheel companies that have a tool/function on their websites where you can get a basic idea of what each of their wheel models will look like on a specific yr/make/model of car. I know there are tons that do, but just for a quick/basic example you could try tirerack.com, discounttire.com. They're not great renderings but at least it's better then having no quick visual at all.
Hope that helps... and keep us posted when you find the right ones.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

these style is really popular, just do a google search for "mesh wheels" and im sure you'll find the wheels you're looking for
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the replies.

I've been searching for wheels close to those on various websites. Found another pair I like R-1 Racing GTR-4 but I think those aren't made anymore either, lol.

I did find a pair of Kazera KZ-I Bronze wheels on TireRack but they are 18x7.5 with a 35 offset. Now from some reading I've done on here I know people have rubbing bad with 18x8 with a 35 offset, but they were lowered a good 2+ inches. Do you think a 18x7.5 would be ok? Its only 0.5 shorter so my guess is it would still rub with 35 offset, but then again I'm new to this so I don't know.

My car is not lowered at the moment but I do plan on putting TRD Lowering Springs on eventually also.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'll be fine with trd springs. the only reason that guy rubs is because he's on soft df210's and has a system in the back. if your still worried though, just run 215 width instead of 225 for your tire.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

show some pics when they are up!