Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   tC G2 Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-g2-tech-diy-1839/)
-   -   DIY Permanent, NON paper, door rattle fix. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-g2-tech-diy-1839/diy-permanent-non-paper-door-rattle-fix-234575/)

FreedomPenguin 11-19-2013 04:02 AM

The road kill box I bought was 75 bucks free shipping bulk pack

Also, you need to but cutting sheers from lowes to cut it up, it's heavy duty stuff (15 bucks) and a roller thing, cost 2 bucks. It's a handle with a roller so when you lay deadener down you can roll it firmly to seat it. Sorry guys that I deleted the pics, when I posted everything no one had interest a few months ago so I just wiped the pics and thread :/

FreedomPenguin 11-19-2013 04:11 AM

DIY Permanent, NON paper, door rattle fix.

5 Attachment(s)
Oh wow, some old pics. Ok this is (before I applied ensolite as final layer, basically, after I did this, noise was reduced but only a bit. Then I bought ensolite, I traced and cut the entire door outline (when you open door, and see door panel on door) I traced it so that the ensolite was identical to the door panel,

I put 2 layers of that. Took awhile but looked legit overtop of this. And the plastic door panel when I put back on door sat on the ensolite so a nice cushy mate to door

I covered all the silver in wheel wells etc, I did entire trunk as well with sound deadener and also laid a later on ensolite over the deadener. Can take pics of that sometime as easy access.

Put floor carpet and deadened and insolited as well. Found these few pics in photobucjet that I missed deleting hope it gives an idea, the inside if door you can't see because well, it's covered but the outside skin (metal inside that connects to metal facing outwRd of car) is layered

Btw I've typed all of these messages via iphone. >.> I honestly didn't feel like it but you guys asked for it

Edit

In the pics of door panel, you can see the caper barrier open, I simply made a cut and pulled the pieces back so I could stick deadener inside door, when I was completely done, I simply brought the vapor lock back together and taped it up. I don't have a pic of when I was done. These were my first attempt progress, the point of leaving vapor lock there with tape was, if something broke and needed back in there, I could simply take a razor and cut the plastic:tape go fix, then retake:redo the vapor lock

That's just me tho
[attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach][attach][/attach]

Alex_sciontc 04-17-2014 03:52 PM

where are the pics ??

YayITzToxic 04-18-2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alex_sciontc (Post 4148171)
where are the pics ??

Pic links must've broken... I'm printing this out today (without pics since there are none) and giving it to my dealership because they're supposed to do this for me today.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

amcottin 02-19-2015 01:28 AM

Think you could send me the pics through PM? I'd love to do this, but I can't see the pictures on my browser for some reason

Fabster2121 11-04-2015 05:11 PM

Pics are gone

Pics of the thread are gone, can you please put re-upload them please.

Fabster2121 11-04-2015 05:13 PM

Can you re upload the pics they are no longer available and i really need to fix this lol

Amckay17 11-12-2016 06:48 PM

Door Rattle Fix

1 Attachment(s)
I am the owner of a 2016 Scion tc

I have completely fixed the door rattle with foam tape if anyone would like me to post pics I would be down to help

Voeltz 11-25-2016 06:43 PM

Yeah, I did this foam fix a few days ago, uploaded a crappy video, but here it is:
99% fixed the problem. :)

CrowJenkins 01-03-2017 02:11 PM

All the photo's are dead ;__;

tea_sea 02-16-2017 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Voeltz (Post 4178772)
Yeah, I did this foam fix a few days ago, uploaded a crappy video, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtOLWZHjso 99% fixed the problem. :)

Hey, I just did this as well but used drawer liner instead of foam and it worked like a charm!

One more thing I did - the driver's side panel has 3 silver screws holding the main switches to the panel. I put some drawer liner between the two pieces of plastic that meet under the screw to give it some more vibration dampening and the rattles are practically gone.