SL Member
Scion Evolution

i've heard em taking several hours...

i've done em in 3 hrs
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any help with mounting points for the jack stands guys?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bmxon20s
any help with mounting points for the jack stands guys?
Did you not read what I said? There are arrows conveniently placed ON the sideskirts that show you were to put them.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hahahahahahaha
Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

read your manual, it tells you where to place the jacks.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
j3st3r..im guessing you dont know how much these coils settle over a three week period since you got them used right? Does anyone know how much they will drop after fully being settled? I think ima go with 13 all around for now.
Used?? Not sure how you came up with that, but mine were purchased new. As for the settling....not sure that I have really seen much of it even after racing on them.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
j3st3r..im guessing you dont know how much these coils settle over a three week period since you got them used right? Does anyone know how much they will drop after fully being settled? I think ima go with 13 all around for now.
Used?? Not sure how you came up with that, but mine were purchased new. As for the settling....not sure that I have really seen much of it even after racing on them.
oh sorry, maybe i got you and dr. isotope mixed up. Im have some trouble with the EDFC controller. I have no idea on how to get the wires and looms from the engine bay the the interior. Someone told me I would have to cut the passenger floor panel and reseal it but i dont wanna go that route. Also if anyone knows whether there is enough room for the rear motors?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

oh sorry, maybe i got you and dr. isotope mixed up. Im have some trouble with the EDFC controller. I have no idea on how to get the wires and looms from the engine bay the the interior. Someone told me I would have to cut the passenger floor panel and reseal it but i dont wanna go that route. Also if anyone knows whether there is enough room for the rear motors?
I am running the EDFC on both front and rears. You dont have to cut any floor boards, and yes they do fit on the rear. There are a couple places you can run the wires through at. There are 2 factory wire looms that run through the firewall, one on the passenger side very close to the shock town, and one is on the drivers side.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am running the EDFC on both front and rears. You dont have to cut any floor boards, and yes they do fit on the rear. There are a couple places you can run the wires through at. There are 2 factory wire looms that run through the firewall, one on the passenger side very close to the shock town, and one is on the drivers side.
The grommet behind the brake, is that the part you are talking about on the drivers side? And which option did you use for the front wiring?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would I use the same oem parts for the rear for my H&R coilovers???
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by dqlostsoulz
Would I use the same oem parts for the rear for my H&R coilovers???
From looking at the pictures of the H&R's I would say yes.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Thanks a ton for posting this, just ordered these today and this should help a ton (except I now I gotta buy the stuff to do it haha). Very nice writeup.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I was the first to post. I used this guide to install my F&F type II coilovers yesterday (fronts) and today (rears). The fronts are super easy, the rears no so much but I got them in. Now the measuring comes tomorrow. Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

whats hard about the rear w/ F/F coilover? I think the hard part was just getting the stock coilover out
Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what i was wondering.. Couldnt be the carpet and panels.. I ripped all that crap out in 10 minutes. Maybe the way they adjust or something?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 AM

Got these in with a friend no problem, everything is tight like the guide says, measurements are good, but every time i hit a bump going slow it's really clanky/loud and doesn't sound right, any ideas?

Update: When in doubt, recheck... turns out some stuff was in fact loose just didn't catch it. Awesome. Thanks again for the guide!

Last edited by jlong; 09-25-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 AM
SL Member

nice diy , i want one for my tc too
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
SL Member

I realize this is an old thread but I noted that it stated that a spring compressor was not needed for the removal of the top hat. Is that really correct? I mean, I have a spring compressor but I have never seen a stock spring come off without one. Well, I have but it damn near shot the nut through a wall when the idiot did it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Mod-Bug
I realize this is an old thread but I noted that it stated that a spring compressor was not needed for the removal of the top hat. Is that really correct? I mean, I have a spring compressor but I have never seen a stock spring come off without one. Well, I have but it damn near shot the nut through a wall when the idiot did it.
Yes I am positive you do not need a spring compressor for the removal
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
Did you not read what I said? There are arrows conveniently placed ON the sideskirts that show you were to put them.
Wow.

Quick Reply: Coilover Install (Tein Basic)