Notices
tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

tCover Motorized Radio Cover Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, $100 aint so bad. but a few of these guys say their "show" mode isnt working and theyve had to send it back. I dont want to buy a headache you know...
Old 05-17-2007, 07:13 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well... as long as they know what they're doing, and you're sent the right version.. then there shouldn't be any issues.

just make sure you're installing it correctly and you have the right one.

i know.. i've had my share of "brain farts"
Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
SL Member

Has anyone put this in with one of the larger double din units like the avic d3?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 101max101
Has anyone put this in with one of the larger double din units like the avic d3?
Wondering the same thing...
Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i am having issues with this thing, it works only with the switch and not with the Key ignition. Does it need to be programed before it operates normally?? I messed with it for 2 hours today with no luck getting it to work with ignition on/off. I have double check... triple checked... quad checked every single connection, and it is fine, all wires connected to their respective spots, even used a test light and a meter to check what i was connecting to. My friend has the same issue as me, he was sent a new module and had the same results as the first. Need someone to help me out before i torch this damn thing. So again, DOES IT NEED TO BE PROGRAMED FIRST BEFORE IT WILL WORK WITH THE KEY?????? HELP!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:24 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

not that i've seen.

you really need to check the instruction manual... the guy that designed it made those instructions redundantly detailed.

make sure to check what version you have as well... the newer ones program themselves the first power-up.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have the newer version, i have read the instructions word for word, It only works with the switch, and not when i turn the key
Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 AM

Do you guys know if this will work in an 08 tC? i really want to get one but i'm afraid it won't work.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it will
Old 11-16-2007, 03:29 AM

thanx thats all i needed to know... i'm going to try to make a diy video for yall... if i can finda friend to help me.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol thats pretty neat!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

have fun with the install, its pretty hectic to install and i still couldn't get it to work yet, and tCover will not send me a new one till he gets the old one back.. i have yet to uninstall it, to me it was a waste of money for something that didn't work and everything was installed correctly.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On my kit, I had to replace the servo once I jump start the car and the override switch don't work no more even after replacing it. Otherwise if I replace the servo ( $15) it will open and close no override.

Oh yea I have the Tcover with Avic-Z1
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

mine only worked with the switch. did not open and close with the ignition switch, it would open only with the switch if i put it in the up position, if i put it in the middle position it would close, the down position.. nothing. that was my problem, and the explanation of possible things wrong by TCover made no sense either way. Everything was hooked up right, Double, Triple, Quadruple checked with everything between a meter and a test light. And he wouldn't send me a new one without getting the installed one first, made no sense to me, if your product isn't working you send a replacement right away to not get bad response for the product, not make the customer uninstall everything and wait another 2 weeks for a new one to get there. Eventually i will take it out, its on my To-Do list for the winter.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

bump
Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ragingbull78
mine only worked with the switch. did not open and close with the ignition switch, it would open only with the switch if i put it in the up position, if i put it in the middle position it would close, the down position.. nothing. that was my problem, and the explanation of possible things wrong by TCover made no sense either way. Everything was hooked up right, Double, Triple, Quadruple checked with everything between a meter and a test light. And he wouldn't send me a new one without getting the installed one first, made no sense to me, if your product isn't working you send a replacement right away to not get bad response for the product, not make the customer uninstall everything and wait another 2 weeks for a new one to get there. Eventually i will take it out, its on my To-Do list for the winter.
be glad that yours closes all the way. i cant get either of the 2 kits i bought to close all the way or go into lower limit program mode ... scott is hard to get a hold of too... im thinking about ordering a new radio cover/hvac piece or buying a used one and sending it and the 2 tcover kits i bought to him and having him install it and send it back...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:10 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

interesting.. i haven't had any issues yet from the ones i've installed... each kit worked great.

i've heard a few stories about a few bad installs... but i don't know much details about those.. if it was the install itself or a bad kit... *shrug*
Old 04-29-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

mine stopped working awhile ago, it was the replacement that he sent me... I give up on the product, i just don't feel like constantl taking that thing out.. i just left it in there and close it manually for now on...
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, dunno why many are having problems... I've had mine for 3+ years with no problems at all.

The hardest part of the install was getting the pivot point drilled in the right spot, so measure, eye, and work the door by hand a couple times before you drill until it looks right.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine only closes and doesent open...and the switch doesent work...any ideas?

Quick Reply: tCover Motorized Radio Cover Install