Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

"Not Enough Room"

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default "Not Enough Room"

Interesting Autoweek article:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1041/MICROSITE
Old 10-28-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Interesting article, but I think the problem is too many Toyotas and not too many Scions. I have never seen more that a dozen or so Scions and any dealer. I am sure Longo may have a bunch. After all they sell 24,000 cars a year.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:46 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota of Temecula has a whole seperate lot across the street behind the Nissan with at least 10 other Scions at a time, as well as at least 75 Toyota's. It's also where they do their paint touch-up's and what not.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: "Not Enough Room"

Originally Posted by FModFTD
after reading this article, and the others that are related on the web site concerning scion's success towards the targeted markets and the huge surprise (to Toyota) that the older generation was buying the xB "en mass".

the question poised to Toyota management is this ; Yes you can keep abreast of the XYZ gen needs/wants in the Scion lineup.
However... do you want to alienate the "gray hair generation" by radical redesigns that won't fit their wants/needs or financial limitations ?

the "gray hairs" arn't interested in "moving up" to the toyota line brands. we are for the most part downsizing , ie; reducing the monthly outgo vs income and require the biggest "bang for the buck"
In my case as it is with other "gray hairs" the xB fits my needs better than the other offerings.... whether by Toyota or other brand nameplates.

just my 1.75 cents worth of senile blather