Notices
Toyota Prius 2nd-Gen 2004- Hybrid Sedan

Pictures of GENESIS, my 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice man, i want a prius so bad. and yes white cars are the best.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HI TJ! Oh, yeah, i love the Prius and am delighted you have got a copy.

I don't drive enough myself to justify the cost or "green" benefits but you drive a lot! And the technology, esp the Smart Key is so fine.

Yaaaay for you!

Reid
Old 10-03-2005, 01:28 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

U. G. L. Y. ... You aint got no alibi... you ugly.

Much love man, but there are just some times when fuel efficiency just isnt worth it.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by iglcrair
U. G. L. Y. ... You aint got no alibi... you ugly.

Much love man, but there are just some times when fuel efficiency just isnt worth it.
Whatever.

I drive around, saving money; Then, guess what? I can spend that saved money on mods for my xA.

Now, that is worth it. Of course, thinking about the planet and saving it, that is cool too.

Oh, and UGLY is in the eye of the beholder. The Beetle was once considered ugly by many.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

NEW speakers for the lower doors, front and rear.

Now, I have a bit more bass, and some more highs. Nice.

Key Specifications:
* Dynamic Balance Polymer/Mica Composite Mineral Filled Cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.
* Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
* 19mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
* High and low pass filters (Crossovers), deliver clearer, more accurate midrange and glare-free highs, with more natural-imaging than other speakers in this class that use single stage high-pass only filters.
* Low-mass 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton’s high melting temperature (725°F/400°C!) ensures high power handling and reliability.
* Multi-Hole Mounting Pattern and shallow depth¾ our highest vehicle application ratio for easy drop-in installations in practically any car on the road, including yours.
* Muscular ABS Grilles, computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs.
* Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won’t fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
* Pole Plate Heat Sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
* Flat Spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
* Flexible Woven Leads sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability. Polarized Nickel Plated Terminals on PCB terminal board for simple, secure wire connections.
* Rock solid, acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket finished in rustproof Gun Metal Gray.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice speakers

I keep seeing stuff on tv and reading thing saying you dont really save alot with hybrids.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Placebo
Nice speakers

I keep seeing stuff on tv and reading thing saying you dont really save alot with hybrids.
Yeah, from the haters.

Let's do the SIMPLE math. Since I get about 60 MPG in my PRIUS, that is about DOUBLE what I got in my BOX.

So, I am spending HALF the money I used to, on gas.

In my xA, I do get better MPG, but not as good as the PRIUS, so I am still saving money.

Now, some would argue that I have spent more to get the PRIUS, but I got more, in the long run. Much more.

And frankly, cars stink as invsetments. They lose value the moment they roll off the lot.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Now, some would argue that I have spent more to get the PRIUS, but I got more, in the long run. Much more. "

Ok, the way to figure this out that would make sense to me is to calculate a total transportation cost by adding together your car payment and insurance payment and monthly gasoline bill for the xB (as I recall that was your trade-in for the prius), and then then do that again for the prius. If it turns out you drive a whole lot you may well be saving money.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I do drive a whole lot. As far as I care, I am saving money, I am happier, and that is all.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^
Yeah, I forgot the non-economic cost... If you feel bad about polluting the air with burned gasoline, you can use a cost of $10 or whatever per gallon of gas in the calculation. That lets you come up with a number that takes into account the "feel good" factor of doing less damage to the environment.

Or, you could reverse engineer the numbers to come up with exactly how strong you feel about the environment, expressed as a number that a gallon of gas ought to cost.

I did that on another website once and as I recall my magic number was $4.25 a gallon...
Old 10-06-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
Originally Posted by Placebo
Nice speakers

Yeah, from the haters.

Let's do the SIMPLE math. Since I get about 60 MPG in my PRIUS, that is about DOUBLE what I got in my BOX.

So, I am spending HALF the money I used to, on gas.

In my xA, I do get better MPG, but not as good as the PRIUS, so I am still saving money.

Now, some would argue that I have spent more to get the PRIUS, but I got more, in the long run. Much more.

And frankly, cars stink as invsetments. They lose value the moment they roll off the lot.
Aint that the truth! thats why i say people should just get the old 1988 civic, not the SI not the CRX, just the 1988 civic, 50mpg and you could probly pick one up in good condition at around 500 bucks now adays =D
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yup.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member

...I'm lost...it looks like you have a manual transmission because of the clutch pedal...but you don't have a shifter?....or am i just being dumb and it's really automatic but that thing just LOOKS like a clutch pedal?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks like one? I guess. But it's not anything. There is no physical transmission in a PRIUS. It's all electronic. Yet, the wise people at TOYOTA engineered in a sound and feel of a automatic.

It’s as if you have one with a overdrive.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hybrid-car16.htm

They have a Continuously Variable Transmission.

Which, like the pocket fob keyless entry, could be done with any car, hybrid or not.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea tj, not to talk down the tranny because im not, the CVT is the tranny us del sol pple have been dreaming of for years.
A computer controlled manual tranny =D trully a beautifull thing. since auto tranny is huge and heavy and in essance, uber less effeciant than a manual thus the CVT was born
computer controls the shifting for optimum shifting each and every gear. In a race car it means never having a grinded gear or mis-shift. In the every day mundane world it means optimized shifting for better mpg than a human could pull off (in manual shifting terms)
hope i kept it in layman terms for everyone there
Old 10-08-2005, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i think the higher end mr2 before they canned the line also shared the CVT, thats the first i heard of the technology
Old 12-20-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Does Honda have a hybrid, or is all electric Willie?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

theyre cool but i'd never trade my xB for it.

you can put wheels on. just make sure theyre light and that the new tires can carry the same load. just check the load rating.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
Looks like one? I guess. But it's not anything. There is no physical transmission in a PRIUS. It's all electronic. Yet, the wise people at TOYOTA engineered in a sound and feel of a automatic.

It’s as if you have one with a overdrive.
it's a cvt. continuosly variable transmission. it is integral with the hybrid synergy drive.

Quick Reply: Pictures of GENESIS, my 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS