Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

To all the Uptights on Sl

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 AM

Default To all the Uptights on Sl

I’m sure by the end of this letter you may come to realize who I am. I have been a member of the famous scionlife.com site since Jan 26, 2006. I may not have been on as long as some of you on this forum, but long enough to become an established member. It seems moderators as well as some of the most uptight people browsing the hallways of SL want things to be so sugarcoated. Well I can tell you this, in this time and age the likely hood of the candy coated goodness will not last. Well you may ask what are these moderators and certain groups of people getting offended by.

MY WARNINGS ON SL

I have two prime examples, and yes even though cursing is not allowed on the site many of us do type abbreviations or jumbled up letterings of curse words, me being one. For example I had in my sig the letters “STFU” and many months after having theses 4 letters in my sig I received a notice from a moderator saying I violated the terms of agreement. Now Like any other red blood person I was overcome with anger and asked why are you singling me out? So many other people type worse things and talk so badly to each other, why are they not being punished the same as me? Come to think of it if you do punish all that do these sorts of things, SL wouldn’t be much of a forum, it wouldn’t have the amount of member it does, and this site would be just as dead as some of the first scion sites that debuted so long ago. Also I typed the word “____”, didn’t use it as a negative just typed it and I got a warning from a mod. Another warning I got was for having a smiley face in my sig, HOW MANY OF US ON SL HAVE THOSE IN SIGS? Quit a few from what I have seen, I am the one told off, warned and threatned with a ban, and other still have that lil smiley in their sig and get told nothing|!

Avatar pictures. Though I have not violated the “picture laws” of SL we should be able to have what we want, as long as it is not vulgar or vile in anyway. Yanki, a bud her on SL had a picture of a swimsuit models behind. And he had it for a real long time. All of sudden he has to take it off, because it offended someone. This is pathetic if you think of it. It wasn’t causing harm and it was vulgar in any sense. Come on people if you cant handle these sorts of things then the internet isn’t the place for you!

Let’s see, what else can I bring to light? Well in my opinion, and I’m sure most of you feel the same, Sl has gone down hill. Bickering, degrading and just plain disrespect to one another. I have gone through this, you may have gone through this, let me tell you it wont stop, it will never stop, unless the make the site PG.

Lastly my final day..lol.. as if you can keep me out.

I was banned by Thomas for using the word _____y, b!tch, _____y-ness. I dint mean any harm by it it was meant as a joke rather than just typing it.

WHYJON OH WHY DID YOU TYPE THOSE WORDS?!?!

Well I was using the word as Slang.
a. a complaint.

b. anything difficult or unpleasant: The test was a _____.
c. anything memorable, esp. something exceptionally good: That last big party he threw was a real _____.

It wasn’t intended as a put down, nothing against women, nada!

I can turn the tv on, local channels, and hear the word “_____” a million times. Society has obviously deemed it as what I call a non meaningful bad word. If Sl cant recognize that I feel sorry. And I am not the only one that has typed this word or similar, so if you banned me, ban them as well.

AHH! You say you can’t? Why not? Too much work and filtering through posts I bet. Well like I said to other mods that warned me( for petty stuff).

WHY ARE YOU SINGLING ME OUT?!? Because that’s all it seems like, haven’t read stories or heard of other people being banned for the most stupid things ever.

It is always me, will always be me.

That’s the price you pay for being an established member. Like my sig says,

The Most Hated, But The Most Known,

One Love,

Jon a.k.a scion_jon
Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I had no idea you got banned... WTF!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 AM

yes man it happned like an hour ago
Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 AM

Also I am sking for a petition for my account to be reinstated

if you want me put your name on the list, if you don't thank you anyways.

and so on
Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

lol, a petition. This should be interesting.
1. lil_will
Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

it sucks but i dont think this will help =/ you helped me a few times

1. lil_will
2. davedave
Old 01-11-2008, 02:36 AM

thanks guys
Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

In this case... i don't think the punishment suits the crime. If they banned everybody for those offenses then this place would be quite empty! Good luck man.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:40 AM

Tahts what I stated inmy letter, and thanks man
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i am thinking that this will only make things worse... Possibly even banning your IP... good luck with it all...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, Not only do you have a quasi petition going, you also sent me a PM on this.

Your constant little "screw the rules" posts are really not all that bad, but when other posters in threads ask you to knock it off, when mods ask you to knock it off, when mods give actual warnings AND YOU KEEP RIGHT ON DOING THE SAME THING, how much should I believe your promise in the PM?

Since you are opening up your "record" here on ScionLife, and fighting a legitimate moderator action with a public petition to be allowed to have no repercussion for your ignoring the rules, please allow me to share the promise I am questioning:
Originally Posted by scion_jon
I know you know what I have typed isnt the worst of the worst. And I am humbling myself to you and I am saying I am sorry for what I have done. Truly I am. There is no easy way to ask, but may have have the opourtunity to return to Sl as scion_jon? I can guarantee you I will never post a slang bad word, or jumbled up bad word ever again, I give this promise to you as a man.
I guess you didn't make the promises when you agreed to follow the rules as a man, then.

The reasons we ban folks differ. Sometimes it is for attacking other members, sometimes for vile obscenities, sometimes for other very obvious and non-controversial reasons.

Sometimes we ban folks because they just refuse to learn. Repeatedly having to "handle" problems from a user burns our time, and makes us grumpy. With the same member being politely "corrected" for the same thing over and over, with no sign that anything has sunk in, it is a clear indication that the member is becoming "high maintenance" and will make the mods grumpier and grumpier.

Folks who behave as though they are cute little kiddies by using bad words they know they shouldn't use, just to get a reaction are of that class.

They aren't kindergarteners, I'm not a babysitter, and their actions aren't cute.

Another of the rules, Jon, if you bothered to look, as has been suggested before, is not to give the mods any back-talk. Moderator actions are final, but can be appealed PRIVATELY to the mods or admins of the site. Starting a public thread to garner support is really quite non-productive.

I understand that as an AOL user it is difficult to effectively ban you from the site, and that you can keep getting new user IDs and e-mail addresses for as long as you want, at some point it becomes ridiculous.

Jon, all we have been asking is that you read the rules and follow them. We do it politely, but we only do it so many times with no results before we decide that it is useless and cut our losses and move on to the next problem.

Using the "argument" that others are doing as bad or worse doesn't make your personal actions any better, Jon. There is not caveat in the rules that says they only apply if no one else breaks them. If someone else posts **** here, does that mean it is OK for everyone else to? Obviously, no. Same for ANY offense that breaks the rules that you agreed to follow.

That's the key point, Jon, you agreed to follow the rules, and have repeatedly broken them. At what point would YOU stop trusting someone who repeatedly broke their promises?

I'm going to make you a deal, Jon, even though I shouldn't. I'm going to reinstate your membership here on ScionLife with your understanding that there are no chances after this. Can you work with that?

I don't want to have to ban your ID again - I don't actually like banning people. I greatly prefer to simply ask, one-on-one, that they hold up their end of the deal that they made when they signed up.

I know you CAN do it, the question is WILL you.

You already made that second promise, this time to me, not ScionLife (see the quote above). It will take me a few minutes to revert the ban on the scion_jon ID and e-mail, and to ban THIS one (yeah, you are only supposed to have one).

Lets see if you can step up and not constantly push the envelope, eh?

Tom
Old 01-11-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously...SL is not a place to hang out anymore... too many immature people here....i got two warnings already..but who cares...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Re: To all the Uptights on Sl

Originally Posted by The_Return
I’m sure by the end of this letter you may come to realize who I am. I have been a member of the famous scionlife.com site since Jan 26, 2006. I may not have been on as long as some of you on this forum, but long enough to become an established member. It seems moderators as well as some of the most uptight people browsing the hallways of SL want things to be so sugarcoated. Well I can tell you this, in this time and age the likely hood of the candy coated goodness will not last. Well you may ask what are these moderators and certain groups of people getting offended by.

MY WARNINGS ON SL

I have two prime examples, and yes even though cursing is not allowed on the site many of us do type abbreviations or jumbled up letterings of curse words, me being one. For example I had in my sig the letters “STFU” and many months after having theses 4 letters in my sig I received a notice from a moderator saying I violated the terms of agreement. Now Like any other red blood person I was overcome with anger and asked why are you singling me out? So many other people type worse things and talk so badly to each other, why are they not being punished the same as me? Come to think of it if you do punish all that do these sorts of things, SL wouldn’t be much of a forum, it wouldn’t have the amount of member it does, and this site would be just as dead as some of the first scion sites that debuted so long ago. Also I typed the word “____”, didn’t use it as a negative just typed it and I got a warning from a mod. Another warning I got was for having a smiley face in my sig, HOW MANY OF US ON SL HAVE THOSE IN SIGS? Quit a few from what I have seen, I am the one told off, warned and threatned with a ban, and other still have that lil smiley in their sig and get told nothing|!

Avatar pictures. Though I have not violated the “picture laws” of SL we should be able to have what we want, as long as it is not vulgar or vile in anyway. Yanki, a bud her on SL had a picture of a swimsuit models behind. And he had it for a real long time. All of sudden he has to take it off, because it offended someone. This is pathetic if you think of it. It wasn’t causing harm and it was vulgar in any sense. Come on people if you cant handle these sorts of things then the internet isn’t the place for you!

Let’s see, what else can I bring to light? Well in my opinion, and I’m sure most of you feel the same, Sl has gone down hill. Bickering, degrading and just plain disrespect to one another. I have gone through this, you may have gone through this, let me tell you it wont stop, it will never stop, unless the make the site PG.

Lastly my final day..lol.. as if you can keep me out.

I was banned by Thomas for using the word _____y, b!tch, _____y-ness. I dint mean any harm by it it was meant as a joke rather than just typing it.

WHYJON OH WHY DID YOU TYPE THOSE WORDS?!?!

Well I was using the word as Slang.
a. a complaint.

b. anything difficult or unpleasant: The test was a biscuit.
c. anything memorable, esp. something exceptionally good: That last big party he threw was a real biscuit.

It wasn’t intended as a put down, nothing against women, nada!

I can turn the tv on, local channels, and hear the word “biscuit” a million times. Society has obviously deemed it as what I call a non meaningful bad word. If Sl cant recognize that I feel sorry. And I am not the only one that has typed this word or similar, so if you banned me, ban them as well.

AHH! You say you can’t? Why not? Too much work and filtering through posts I bet. Well like I said to other mods that warned me( for petty stuff).

WHY ARE YOU SINGLING ME OUT?!? Because that’s all it seems like, haven’t read stories or heard of other people being banned for the most stupid things ever.

It is always me, will always be me.

That’s the price you pay for being an established member. Like my sig says,

The Most Hated, But The Most Known,

One Love,

Jon a.k.a scion_jon
I am truly sorry you were banned. I don't know all your "disciplinary" history but from just what I know now, the punishment seems harsh.

There really isn't any context that I can think of that would make those words you were banned for not curse words beyond referring to a female dog. And the use of the words "____", "___" and "retarded" are big no-nos in my book and if I would of saw them, I would of given you a nice lecture about it (probably 4 people reading this could vouch for me and have gotten their lectures). I have to say that I am happy a moderator attempted to explain to you about using that word... and it's not often I agree with what a moderator does, lol.

I do hope this can get worked out. I don't know if creating a new name and starting this thread was the best way to go about it. I think this will probably hurt your case.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 AM

Amazing them Thomas, A man of 61 years, arguing with young adults, on a public forum I tried eing nice, I even appoligized, is this how you spend your time? Come on
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Amazing them Thomas, A man of 61 years, arguing with young adults, on a public forum I tried eing nice, I even appoligized, is this how you spend your time? Come on
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. lil_will
2. davedave
3. SeanstC

*cough*...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:38 AM

you know what this is ridiculous, how petty do you have to be on this site, no one is perfect and i could care less waht you think of me, but whe you act holier than thow, come oh just come on
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh? me?

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Where did that come from? I thought he was being reasonable with you.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

you know what this is ridiculous, how petty do you have to be on this site, no one is perfect and i could care less waht you think of me, but whe you act holier than thow, come oh just come on
Dude... Tomas is reinstating your status as you sit there and talk crap to him. You begged him for this and he's doing it. Stop... stop now and get reinstated for Christ's sake!

Quick Reply: To all the Uptights on Sl