Go Back  Scionlife.com > General > Website Discussion
Reload this Page >

How can I delete my Scionlife account?

Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

How can I delete my Scionlife account?

Old 12-18-2009, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How can I delete my Scionlife account?

I don't see any options in the CP or anything in FAQ etc, so I'm posting here, how can I delete my account?

Or can one of the mods just delete/purge my account? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned
Fail, INC
SL Member

contact a mod. they can do it for u

----------------------------------

Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Admin Emeritus
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, we don't delete accounts (at least not on purpose) here.

Basically, if a member decides they no longer wish to participate, they just stop, and most folks eventually forget about them as their old posts get farther and farther back in time.

We do occasionally ban a member at their request, but we don't delete them.

Tom
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned
5 Year Member

The forum should really consider deleting the profiles, or as an alternative, allowing us to remove all identifiable information from the Profile Page.

I was just googling my own email address to see what I could find out about myself (interesting article about using legal, public informational sources to invade privacy here: http://www.attackvector.org/invasion-of-privacy/)

Considering the hoopla about Facebook nearly never deleting any content from it's CDN's, I thought I might as well try and perform a clean up on myself.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Um go into user CP and update or change your info. Simple as that! Delete your email address!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Admin Emeritus
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by pgmgfan View Post
The forum should really consider deleting the profiles, or as an alternative, allowing us to remove all identifiable information from the Profile Page.
First off, the forum software will not allow the members to delete much of their personal information from their profiles. There is no choice.

We have purposely deleted or obscured the majority of personal information from a limited number of profiles when directly contacted and given adequate reason to do so.

Removing personal information from ScionLife.com still leaves a large, easily followed trail left by others who have quoted posts, called people by name, and posted pics of individuals.

I can track my own personal path through the internet since the early days of USENET simply by using Google search. The earliest post of mine I can still find via Google search is from 1983...

Obviously, once something is said on-line, it is essentially forever, and the original poster no longer has any control over it's dissemination.

Enjoy!
Tom
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Admin Emeritus
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wink

Originally Posted by highvoltage1 View Post
Um go into user CP and update or change your info. Simple as that! Delete your email address!
That still leaves a considerable amount of information they cannot change or delete via the User CP, Brock, that only an Admin has the permissions to change...

Tom
Old 02-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned
5 Year Member

with all due respect, i think mods should allow for individuals to delete their accounts. i don't give a s__t about items that have been posted from years ago, but i don't want to get your birthday greetings every year. i see that my last login was in 2012...ON MY BIRTHDAY...attempting to delete this account yet again. no luck.

so i say, "f__k you" if you won't delete my account. i guess i'll be relegated to drafting and posting an expletive-ridden post every year on my birthday as my own special birthday greeting to the mods.

You are BANNED

for Threatening the Site, the Mods and for Profanity
Old 05-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Banned
5 Year Member

I would also like my account deleted.

BANNED Per your Request.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.