Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

New post notification...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default New post notification...

Is there any way we could get the new posts in a thread to be detectable in some way, or is there already a way...I know in a couple of other forums there is a lil paper symbol that is highlighted gold when you haven't viewed that post yet, that way you know whether or not you have read it before, especially when you start getting into the longer threads where you can't remember if you were on page 45 or 48...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default !

Originally Posted by creektrack
Is there any way we could get the new posts in a thread to be detectable in some way, or is there already a way...I know in a couple of other forums there is a lil paper symbol that is highlighted gold when you haven't viewed that post yet, that way you know whether or not you have read it before, especially when you start getting into the longer threads where you can't remember if you were on page 45 or 48...
Inside the thread itself, I don't think so, but from the listing of threads, they can be gotten to...

Here's an example...

The slightly darker shaded envelope on the left (1) and the bold print of the subject shows there is something new in this post since you were here last.

The tiny chevrons just in front of the subject (2) will take you directly to the first new post in the thread when clicked.

The tiny chevrons just behind the last poster's screen name (3) will take you to the last post.

Clicking the subject will take you to the first post, clicking the last poster's name will take you to their profile, etc.

HTH
Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I will try the lil chevron next to the thread title...Thanks..