Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

ScionLife.com Recent Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation ScionLife.com Recent Problems

Information from Internet Brands...

Originally Posted by IB_Adrian

Early on Thursday last week (PST) our websites encountered an attack, one which is often referred to as a “DDOS” (distributed denial-of-service) attack.

While our network is setup to handle very substantial traffic (it deals with over 50 million visitors each month), as has been seen by other large internet sites (Twitter, Facebook, Google et. al.) such a large scale attack will cause connection difficulties. In this we were no different, and it wasn’t until sometime on the weekend where we were able to implement a successful resolution to the issue.

As part of the implementation of the resolution you may have encountered some issues with the site and its functionality, we are working through each of those items, and if you come across an issue, if you could please post it in the help forum to ensure that we have seen it, it would be appreciated.

We have been (and continue to) work around the clock until all the issues are resolved, our apologizes for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Adrian – Internet Brands.
If you are still running into unusual problems, please let a SuperMod know so we can pass it on to Internet Brands.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RX7club.com had a similar attack recently as well if I remember right..I think a few vbulletin based forums had a lot of issues around the same time SL did
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
RX7club.com had a similar attack recently as well if I remember right..I think a few vbulletin based forums had a lot of issues around the same time SL did
Yes, the problem affected the roughly 100 or so sites owned/run by Internet Brands, of which ScionLife.com is one...

http://www.internetbrands.com/autonetwork

Tom