Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

Sub-categories For "Photoshoots"???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Default Sub-categories For "Photoshoots"???

Honestly, having people post their photoshoot threads in the aero & exterior sections and owners lounges doesn't bother me a single bit. So hopefully noone will think I'm complaining.

But I was thinking though, what if we created another "sub-category" or whatever it would be called, within each of the owner's lounges, specifically for photoshoot threads???

I just thought it would be nice to have them all in one section ya know.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:08 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

That is actually a pretty good idea.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think thats a great idea. like YSTC
Old 07-20-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I'm sure you guys completely understand what I'm saying here...

For those who may not get it exactly, this is what it would look like:

I'm using the tC Owner's Lounge for an example, but there would be one in each lounge (this is my "vision" at least haha)

Code:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Scion tC Owner's Lounge               |  Posts   |   Topics   |  Last Post   |
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
|     Scion tC Aero & Exterior              |               |                 |                     | 
|     Scion tC Drivetrain & Power         |               |                 |                     | 
|     Scion tC Forced Induction            |               |                 |                     | 
|     Scion tC Ice & Interior                  |               |                 |                     | 
|     Scion tC Suspension & Handling  |               |                 |                     | 
|     Scion tC Wheel & Tire                    |               |                 |                     | 

and then under these...

|          Scion tC Photoshoots               |               |                 |                     |

And so on and so forth for the other Scion models in their respective Owner's Lounge
Old 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Also, maybe a sticky with some "Photoshoot" rules? Ex: No cell phone pics, must have at least a certain number of pics (3, 5, 10, more???), and maybe another guideline or two, just to keep it from being a place to put just a single pic of ur car in your driveway because you just washed it?

Idk, just some ideas I guess.

Any more input from other SL'ers?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ nah i wouldnt say no cell phone pics or stuff like that. instead of photoshoots i would just say pictures. it would work like now, just with a separate spot for it.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

T.T.T. baby!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really think SL should do this. and seperate the xa/xb threads
Old 07-31-2008, 09:55 PM

I agree, this is the first thing I noticed was missing when I came to this forum.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
i really think SL should do this. and seperate the xa/xb threads
x2
Old 08-12-2008, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
^ nah i wouldnt say no cell phone pics or stuff like that. instead of photoshoots i would just say pictures. it would work like now, just with a separate spot for it.
Well the reason I'm saying it would be for photoshoots only (no cell phone pics, or single pic) is to keep it from turning into a redundant gallery. Thus, "photoshoots" would need an ironclad definition.

An idea for such:

Photoshoot(s): Several (3+) pictures taken as a "series" including the same car or same group of cars that involves scenic locations and backgrounds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm not saying that that would be the exact definition. But it's an idea at least. Like I said, I'd just hate to see it turn into another gallery. If you have just one pic of your car (or a crappy cell pic), why not just put it there?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, it sounds like a good idea. However who is to determine what a "photo shoot" is? People use that term VERY often and make claims that are just not true.

Anyone can take a photo. Not anyone can take a good one. Well until they get some education or are a natural. A photo shoot would need some higher requirements than some amateur with a camera and a car. Personally it reminds me of when everyone and his mother was a Web Designer. What BS that was and still is.

So some can take 300 photos and they will just be snapshots. I know people that even make $$ at this as they SUCK! To be blunt. Can hardly keep the car in focus. but they get all the praise. Typical of what I see.

As you can tell I am a tad disgruntled however my point stands. Do you want a photo journal gallery type thing so anyone can post or do you want A and B quality "shoots" to be done and put up. If the first than lets start naming them appropriately shall we?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I'm just saying we need a seperate spot for people to post after they go out and take "photographs" of their car. Not "snapshots." Not a place to say "Hey I just washed my car, here's 672456523789054 pics of it still sitting in the driveway." But rather something that actual effort is put into. I'm not saying you have to have pics taken with a multi-thousand dollar D-SLR or anything, just not bunch of cell phone pics or otherwise poorly done photography.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by INFINI
However who is to determine what a "photo shoot" is?
Hopefully you weren't under the impression that I thought I would be the sole determiner of the "Photoshoot" defintion...

I was simply trying to get the ball rolling.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

just make a sub category for Scion Photoshoots, it doesnt have to be xA/xB/xD/xB2/tC it can be one big forum
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

That sounds good too but for the sake of not having to sift through ALL the different threads to find your particular car, I say we seperate them. Not that I have anything against xA/xB/xD, I personally just rather be able to see tC photoshoots in the tC section of SL.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try not to get offended by my post. It was not targeted at you personally. I think your idea is good and there is a site "Team iSt" that has a separate thread called. "Member's Journals" and a "Gallery" section. The member journal area is for photos and such of owners cars and the Gallery is for other stuff like events and car photo meets.

Oh and non of my car shoots were done with a commercial grade DSLR but I do have some exp so that helps allot.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At some point in the near future, I'm told, ScionLife will be moving to new software, and most of the larger or more complex changes and additions to ScionLife are being held off until the move to prevent having to do double the work.

For right now, I'm going to lock this thread - that doesn't mean it's being ignored or that it's not a good idea, just that this isn't the right time for us to be doing that sort of change.

Tom