Notices
xB Tech and DIY Info for the Scion xB

FAQ Release Series 2.0 - Solar Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i walked out paying 19k....that was with an alarm and extended warrentees with tax n everything...but thankfully the dealer only threw in the floor mats extra, and even those i didnt want...but hey i'm happy now. and i agree with whoever said it before....theres only ONE original release series...the hot lava.. when is scion gonna stop making em? i dont think they should even make another rs xb cuz then they arent all that cool anymore...you kno? it already sucks that there is 2100 of em around, i wish it was like the 1500 or something for the xa....lifes not fair..
Old 09-27-2004, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBRAT
I'm just curious about how much the RS 2.0 will cost? About how much was the RS 1.0?
The RS 1.0 xB package was $980. I only got floormats, so I paid about $15,250 plus tax & title.

The RS 1.0 xA package is $2,200 due to the sunroof and wheels.

I'd bet that the RS 2.0 xB package will be much more than $980...
Old 10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

This month in Sport Compact Car they are showing the 1st series xA, it is Red with different interior, sunroof, alloys and different grill.
They give the premium at 1,395 USD. Who knows but, a nice looking ride.

bondobob

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-12-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there's been one on a local lot .. been there for a good while now. Think most everyone around these parts are totally unimpressed with "red" being some special color.... big deal... red... wow.... hold me back... there's a color I haven't seen on damn near every single model of car ever produced.....

nice car - but to the casual observer, it aint nothing but another red 4 door import - "so what...big deal..." in their eyes.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

your right about the red thing! Maybe if it was a special candy red or something different. The lavas aren't really limited editions, lava is a standard color in japan so there are probably lots and lots. Limited usually means less than a thousand. Plus look at all the other metallic orange cars out there they all look the same.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we already have enough yellow cars already. how bout something funky like a nice metallic light bronze or something colorshifting. i still have yet to figute out how to post a pic so if someone can PM me on how too i'll post a nice pic i found of a JDM special color :oops:
Old 10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The RS 2.0 is Solar Yellow! :D

They're supposedly going to make more like 2500, so the average dealer might get more than one.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

What options/packages is it going to come with besides the turn signal/tilt mirrors?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure it will have a different grille, and I understand that it'll have the spoiler and TRD muffler standard. We don't have any "official" info yet.

As far as ordering one, we don't have that info either. There's no official dates yet that we know of.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I'd want are the turn signal mirrors. After putting so much work into accessorizing/customizing my xB, I wouldn't want to have to start over again. :oops:
Old 11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This chick @ my school has already seen it. She won't give me any details on it though. She just said it is gonna be yellow. I said who am I gonna tell? And her response was the peeps @ Toyota. If she would have told me I would have gave u guys the details on it :twisted: Scion is so overprotective with their cars. I like the fact that I have a Toyota/Scion/Lexus source. If you are wondering how she knows she knows someone who is @ high position. Evil Beyatch.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MrLavaLava
I saw that pic of the yellow one at Sema as well and it was NOT the Longo one.....L8R...
That is the Longo xB

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-12-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Excel-------I found it... It's in the Gallery under Sema Pics 2004and under both pics it says Sema 2004...This to me is NOT the Longo Scion......L8R...

Old 11-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The yellow is Solar Yellow, code 576, the same color that's been used on the Matrix, Celica, and MR2 Spyder.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the front grilles thought. Maybe people can order those fancy mirrors that the new release will have :?: :?: :D That would be nice.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default More info from a person that has actually seen a RS Series 2

I heard this from a person that was at a Scion meeting -- he/she actually saw a picture of an xB RS 2.0 up close and FOR SURE it will be Solar Yellow, it will have a custom grille just like the RS 1.0 xA, a spoiler, TRD exhaust or just the exhaust tip (couldn't tell from the pic) the picture also showed a moonroof but that option will probably not be on the production model (recent consumer surveys of xB and xA 1.0 buyers indicates that most consumers do not care for that option -- his/her words, not mine), and it will have the tC's turn signal mirrors. A set of upgraded wheels did not seem too likely (this person suggested that aftermarket wheels would make the car look even cooler, suggesting to me that the production version of the 2.0 will not have anything special for wheels).

It is due out in March, and dealers should expect a press release soon detailing all the options, as well as the volume. I would anticipate that 1500-2500 number, but 3000 doesn't seem out of the realm. (Volume will depend on the cost of the package -- if it is less than $1500, considering the popularity of the xB, I can't see why Toyota wouldn't build enough for each store to get two or three of these things. IMHO, the xA was limited to 1550 because no one was sure how well a $2200 package would sell on the low volume xA, especially with a manual transmission.)
Old 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

:D Thanks for all the info-we took our first order yesterday for the RS 2.0. Any other dealers taking orders too? My guess is this will be crazier than the Lava. The entire country will be fighting over these things.

marcelino
Old 11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by detroitscion
:D Thanks for all the info-we took our first order yesterday for the RS 2.0. Any other dealers taking orders too? My guess is this will be crazier than the Lava. The entire country will be fighting over these things.

marcelino
How can you take pre orders for NOTHING OFFICIAL? I work closely with our Scion sales manager and he has talked with our rep and there is nothing about an RS2.0. Give me a link or something official. So far I think this is just hype/hope. I do hope they make it, I would have originally wanted a solar yellow Scion. But lets get some concrete proof posted!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is more than just hype... if you log into dealer daily, you can see yellow as an available color code on the xB.

It's gonna happen!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion sales
It is more than just hype... if you log into dealer daily, you can see yellow as an available color code on the xB.

It's gonna happen!
Where? I'd like to check. I've been through the regional scion section and saw nothing. Is it in the sales section? I don't usually go there since I'm with parts & service.

Quick Reply: FAQ Release Series 2.0 - Solar Yellow