View Full Version : Can someone please help me understand!

WUGGIT
07-27-2007, 06:50 AM
I really want to know what the odd shaped opening is for in the center console between the seats... if your sitting in your 2nd gen xB and you look down, from front to back it goes cupholder, cupholder, funky shaped opening... what is this for?

mikemann
07-27-2007, 07:10 AM
ipod.

XBFred
07-27-2007, 07:24 AM
[quote="mikemann"]ipod.[/quote

Not in your car :P

mikemann
07-27-2007, 07:26 AM
haha...nope! ;-)

WUGGIT
07-27-2007, 07:39 AM
then why do they give you the rubber ipod cupholder insert for the regular and nano? is that what all the difernt shapes in the hole are for is the different size ipods?

mikemann
07-27-2007, 08:00 AM
yeah that is a little confusing. I think both can be used for whatever you want them to be.

I use my rubber cupholder insert or my cell phone. Fits great and it's angled so I can see it.

If you put a full size ipod in the spot you're asking about it fits perfect too. If you look in the brochures they show the ipod going there as well

The rubber cupholder inserts I'm sure are just promotional...they might now always be around.

techgeekwill
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
What cups?

toyotaisme
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
phone or ipod

pufbox
07-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Who else wishes there was a little groove cut into the top of the center console that you could run your iPod wire through and keep your iPod inside the console. Cause personally my iPod never leaves the car and it's just sitting there in that "funky hole" where anyone can see it.

Oh yea, I never got any little cups either.

optikinescant
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Who else wishes there was a little groove cut into the top of the center console that you could run your iPod wire through and keep your iPod inside the console. Cause personally my iPod never leaves the car and it's just sitting there in that "funky hole" where anyone can see it.

Actually if you slip the cable in near the hinge the center console will close.... this is how i have my nano stored and it works like a charm.

Ricetoaster
07-28-2007, 04:43 AM

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186170&highlight=