Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Auto Door Lock Settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Auto Door Lock Settings

I just found out that you could change the way your doors automatically lock/unlock in the Manual, pages 17 and 18.

Sorry if it brought up before, but just wanted to share if others were not aware!

Various options:

Can cancel out auto-lock with change from park into reverse/drive.
Make the doors lock when you reach 12mph
Stop the doors from unlocking automatically when you place car into park.
Enable doors to unlock only if you unlock yours, not when switching into park.

I plan to switch my unlock to when I open my door, and not when I switch into park. I just feel its safer!

Just wanted to pass it on!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 AM

I must have been in a hurry to read the manual, when first getting the new xB, missed this and appreciate your bringing it to our attention. I quickly reprogrammed mine. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was the same!

I read the manual, but must of skimmed over it as well (obviously). Glad I can help
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kind of like the lock/unlock-drive/park factory default. I don't think I've touched the door lock/unlock button since I bought the car. The only time I put the car in park is when I'm getting out anyway so I don't encounter any safety issues.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Hm, interesting. The only problem I have, though, is when I am picking someone up or dropping someone off, and it's going to be quick, so I don't really feel the need to put it in park. The doors will not unlock even when you attempt to open them from the inside, and this doesn't remedy that. If there were a way to set it so that pulling the door handle from inside unlocked it, than it would be useful to me.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love how the doors will not lock at all if there's a key in the ignition.

I've also been thrown off by the door locking automatically when picking someone up.

Also, do the doors automatically lock themselves when the xb2 has been off for awhile? I coulda swore I left my box unlocked one night recently only for it to be locked in the morning.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM

I believe the manual notes that if you unlock the doors with the remote, that if you don't open the door (s) within 60 seconds, it will relock . This info is from memory (sometimes subject to error) and I did not go find the manual to verify it.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Auto Door Lock Settings

Originally Posted by Invertalon
I just found out that you could change the way your doors automatically lock/unlock in the Manual, pages 17 and 18.

Sorry if it brought up before, but just wanted to share if others were not aware!

Various options:

Can cancel out auto-lock with change from park into reverse/drive.
Make the doors lock when you reach 12mph
Stop the doors from unlocking automatically when you place car into park.
Enable doors to unlock only if you unlock yours, not when switching into park.

I plan to switch my unlock to when I open my door, and not when I switch into park. I just feel its safer!

Just wanted to pass it on!
have you been able to change the unlock function to work with your door yet?

i managed to make it work once and then i changed it accidentally and now i can not get it to work again - someone told me that sometimes it takes a few times of going through the setup for it to take, but i can not get it back to unlocking with the driver's door.

got any tips?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did mine just fine, just repeat the one that (disables/enables) that specific command.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by clari0n
Hm, interesting. The only problem I have, though, is when I am picking someone up or dropping someone off, and it's going to be quick, so I don't really feel the need to put it in park. The doors will not unlock even when you attempt to open them from the inside, and this doesn't remedy that. If there were a way to set it so that pulling the door handle from inside unlocked it, than it would be useful to me.
i have to disagree. when the car is in a gear besides park, i just press unlock on the door, or the person pulls the handle and the door opens.

Originally Posted by npdxc
I believe the manual notes that if you unlock the doors with the remote, that if you don't open the door (s) within 60 seconds, it will relock . This info is from memory (sometimes subject to error) and I did not go find the manual to verify it.
I find this to be true also. I'm just annoyed that they do not lock themselves after you have gotten out. It would really help for those times that you have bags and stuff and a baby in your arms that the last thing you are thinking about is pressing the lock button on the key.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xhrhx15x
i have to disagree. when the car is in a gear besides park, i just press unlock on the door, or the person pulls the handle and the door opens.

Originally Posted by npdxc
I find this to be true also. I'm just annoyed that they do not lock themselves after you have gotten out. It would really help for those times that you have bags and stuff and a baby in your arms that the last thing you are thinking about is pressing the lock button on the key.
i guarantee if the doors locked themselves after you get out of the vehicle, a lot of people would be locked out of their cars!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by xhrhx15x
Hm. I know I can press the unlock button when the car is in gear and it will work. I just tend to forget to until the person I'm picking up has tried the handle already. As for it unlocking from the inside by simply pulling the handle...I actually can't remember for sure at the moment is that's what happens, so I might be mistaken. I'll have to check when I'm back at my car. When picking people up, though, it's annoying because I always manage to forget to press unlock, and then they're standing outside trying the door and I'm trying to find the button quickly enough in the dark, heh.