Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

New head unit with factory Sirius antenna

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Default New head unit with factory Sirius antenna

When I bought my xB a couple months ago, I opted for the base stereo (with the intention of upgrading at a later date) and the Sirius kit.

Now I'm ready to purchase a new multimedia system. I've had my eyes on the Alpine IVA-W205. I like the iPod interface and the fact that I can add GPS at a later date (it's not in my budget right now). I was about to make the purchase online when a thought occured to me: will I be able to use my existing Sirius antenna with a new head unit, or am I going to need to buy Alpine equipment to listen to satellite radio?

If I do need to buy new Sirius gear, that's going to be a dealbreaker for me. Assuming that's the case, are there any models compatible with the factory Sirius kit that I already have installed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: New head unit with factory Sirius antenna

Originally Posted by Jmarsh04
When I bought my xB a couple months ago, I opted for the base stereo (with the intention of upgrading at a later date) and the Sirius kit.

Now I'm ready to purchase a new multimedia system. I've had my eyes on the Alpine IVA-W205. I like the iPod interface and the fact that I can add GPS at a later date (it's not in my budget right now). I was about to make the purchase online when a thought occured to me: will I be able to use my existing Sirius antenna with a new head unit, or am I going to need to buy Alpine equipment to listen to satellite radio?

If I do need to buy new Sirius gear, that's going to be a dealbreaker for me. Assuming that's the case, are there any models compatible with the factory Sirius kit that I already have installed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I bet if you call Crutchfield they'd be able to answer your question.